What's new

IAF losing edge over PAF:Military Intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone is a mind reader.

Quality in technology level is noticeable. The IAF operates MKIs and Mig 29s which are significantly more advanced than the LCA at about the same price. That is certainly a sacrifice in the name of indigenization. Admirable but their are consequences.

Cool ... so now you are comparing MKI and MIG 29's (heavy and Medium fighters produced in excess of 1000's combined) with a light fighter program...

Cool ... so now you are comparing MKI and MIG 29's (heavy and Medium fighters produced in excess of 1000's combined) with a light fighter program...

Only in terms of price, not capability.

You can have the same technologies like AESA, and IRST on small fighters as well.

Only in terms of price, not capability.

You can have the same technologies like AESA, and IRST on small fighters as well.

About LCA .. i dont want to comment ... only time will tell...

coming back to IAF's edge over PAF... how do you rate current advantage of IAF over PAF... in your opinion how much of this will be offset With introduction of say 4 squadrons of J10B's with aesa and BVR

About LCA .. i dont want to comment ... only time will tell...

coming back to IAF's edge over PAF... how do you rate current advantage of IAF over PAF... in your opinion how much of this will be offset With introduction of say 4 squadrons of J10B's with aesa and BVR

The advantage the IAF currently holds over PAF is significant. However that advantage is eroded by the fact that not all of IAFs planes can be dedicated to combating PAF. Infact the majority would be deployed against the PLAAF. Pakistan does not have this problem due to its small size and lack of any other major enemy in the region.

with 4 squadrons of J10B with AESA, BVR, and reduced RCS in 2014 there will be a significant reduction in advantage between the two air forces. Even current J 10s with its better maneuverability, smaller RCS, and more advanced avionics dominate the SU 30MKKs in Chinese service, a plane comparable to the SU 30MKI.

The advantage the IAF currently holds over PAF is significant. However that advantage is eroded by the fact that not all of IAFs planes can be dedicated to combating PAF. Infact the majority would be deployed against the PLAAF. Pakistan does not have this problem due to its small size and lack of any other major enemy in the region.

with 4 squadrons of J10B with AESA, BVR, and reduced RCS in 2014 there will be a significant reduction in advantage between the two air forces. Even current J 10s with its better maneuverability, smaller RCS, and more advanced avionics dominate the SU 30MKKs in Chinese service, a plane comparable to the SU 30MKI.

Now if we introduce a mix 7 squadrons of tranche 3 Eurofighters (assume), does it significantly change the equation or still advantage PAF?

Posting in India defence section and its automatically coming here as well. lol

Now if we introduce a mix 7 squadrons of tranche 3 Eurofighters (assume), does it significantly change the equation or still advantage PAF?

Not much can change the geographical and political situation of India right now.

In terms of technology the Eurofighter Tranche 3 will have a kinematic, and likely Avionics advantage over the the J10B, but significant disadvantage in RCS unless it is modified.

Not much can change the geographical and political situation of India right now.

In terms of technology the Eurofighter Tranche 3 will have a kinematic, and likely Avionics advantage over the the J10B, but significant disadvantage in RCS unless it is modified.

4 squadrons of j10B immediately changes the equation but 7 sqdns of T3 EFT's dun make much of a difference... cool ... nothing more for me to say then ... i guess your liking towards PAF takes Precedence over logic.

4 squadrons of j10B immediately changes the equation but 7 sqdns of T3 EFT's dun make much of a difference... cool ... nothing more for me to say then ... i guess your liking towards PAF takes Precedence over logic.

Maybe I need to restate that.

The geographical and political situation means that the deployment in the IAF will not change much and that part of the equation will not change.

As for the Tranche 3s It was already figures into the calculation.

how have you reached the limit of j10 in paf to be limited to 4 squadrons? source or merely speculative?

paf has to be ready for a 1 front war, as opposed to india-- so atleast 1/3 to 1/2 of these fighters would be stationed near the chinese border

Enjoy more guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:
sneak peak into the controversial presentation: :cheers:

IAF perception of PAF advantages and disadvantages:

-PAF has better pilot to cockpit ratio hence greater sortie generation rate (negates numerical superiority which is already on decline)
-High morale with steady induction of new fighters
-PAF motivation/ commitment could fade to panic if they lose a few aircraft
- Limited EW and photorecon capability

Overall assesment:
-Induction of new generation aircraft and force multiplires enhance Pak air potential significantly
-air superiority fighters ratio will reduce from 5:1 to 3:1
-new radars sams could reduce air defence effort of PAF

PAF assesment of IAF

-superior force ratio
-potent offensive capability
-sufficient weapons inventory
-superior BVR and anti radiation capability
-strong terminal defence
- adequate EW capability
-strategic recon/surveillance capability

Okay I understand the discussion F16 vs Su30 Mki ( I'll admit I have very little knowledge on defense) but isn't it also about quantity? A quick search for the numbers I see that India has 142 MKI in service already and Pakistan has about 80 F-16's of different versions. Surely older F-16s can't match MKI's.

So my question is can one F-16 take on 3 MKI's?

It all depends on Pilot Skill.....
Even Indian Pilot with mig21 can hit 3 F-16blk52 and Pakistani pilot with f7 can hit MKI.........it all depends on Pilot Skills.

Technology only give u ease to target ur enemy, else all depends on pilot skills (Said by Flying Officer Asad Mahmood)

-PAF motivation/ commitment could fade to panic if they lose a few aircraft
- Limited EW and photorecon capability
[/B][/SIZE]

This is the worst sentence ever in a report... Surely they can only look at other pilots cause their pilots are superior to anything else.

I doubt that we have limited recon. If we use Ra'ad and Babur I can add that these rely on mapping of Indian. Besides that like Israel has anything it needs from its opponents we have our China which has more then enough recon assets in the sky/space. The F16 got the latest recon assets. The Erieye and ZK can provide high resolution picture hundreds of miles into India. We have our own UAV recon. I doubt that the report has more depth then the average BRF post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom