What's new

I hate geniuses!

I hate geniuses. I hate scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious economists and other technical prodigies. Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't) I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’, reading the entertaining excerpts of the novel 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' (by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn), listening to great music etc. I had incorrectly thought that their presence is something worth looking forward to in life. But the reality really seems to be different. Now I know the feel of a company of a genius may be no better than workplace banality. I had presumed meeting a genius would be fun. But meeting with genius turned out to be an ordinary experience. It was not much pleasure.
Time and time again we get this painful reminder.

- PRTP GWD

What is your primary grievance?

Kya dukh hai?

Cheers, Doc
I will try to tell but you have to make an effort to understand. Geniuses are the best of humankind. If the best is boring, then is there anything to look forward to?

- PRTP GWD

I hate geniuses. I hate scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious economists and other technical prodigies. Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't) I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’, reading the entertaining excerpts of the novel 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' (by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn), listening to great music etc. I had incorrectly thought that their presence is something worth looking forward to in life. But the reality really seems to be different. Now I know the feel of a company of a genius may be no better than workplace banality. I had presumed meeting a genius would be fun. But meeting with genius turned out to be an ordinary experience. It was not much pleasure.
@jamahir

- PRTP GWD

I won't call myself as a genius but I am quite good at classical computer design. By classical I mean the bits and bytes thing and not the quantum thing.

About that book, isn't it something against the USSR system ?

As for the film Don, I don't like humanizing criminality. I ask you, would you like living next door to a voluntary criminal ?

About music, I have varied taste. Hindi film music to the traditional music of West Africa, Central Asia etc.

I won't call myself as a genius but I am quite good at classical computer design. By classical I mean the bits and bytes thing and not the quantum thing.

About that book, isn't it something against the USSR system ?

As for the film Don, I don't like humanizing criminality. I ask you, would you like living next door to a voluntary criminal ?

About music, I have varied taste. Hindi film music to the traditional music of West Africa, Central Asia etc.
Those are just examples. Point is that geniuses are boring. I am disappointed.

- PRTP GWD

- PRTP GWD
@Mirzah @hussain0216 @N.Siddiqui

- PRTP GWD

Is this a a copy pasta?
Only three things give real pleasure – good sex, good sleep and nostalgia. Rest all are illusions.

If you only get pleasure from this you might as well be an animal.
DhDW_eBUEAEt2Tk.png

But the amazing inventions that geniuses create are NOT boring. To hate the genius is to hate everything that they have created for us.

This phenomenon gives experiencer a MENTAL TORTURE.

- PRTP GWD

@Juggernaut_Flat_Plane_V8

- PRTP GWD

- PRTP GWD
Geniuses are the best of humankind. If the best is boring, then is there anything to look forward to?

- PRTP GWD
This phenomenon gives experiencer a MENTAL TORTURE.

- PRTP GWD
@Khanate

- PRTP GWD

Back
Top Bottom