What's new

I Dislike Generals more than all our enemies combined

Which stability are you on about exactly? He was the architect of breaking the bank. Seeing the writing on the wall when the VONC move became imminent, Imran Khan embarked upon a journey of breaking the bank (dismantling all fiscal discipline and sabotaging the IMF program his own government agreed to, thereby junking Pakistan's credibility with its most important lender and the lender of last resort). While the world was beginning to ration fuel supplies and raise energy costs to dampen the demand for fossil energy in the face of rampaging energy prices, your paragon of stability for his political self-interest slaughtered the national interest encouraging more consumption by subsidizing power consumption (energy subsidies) and lowering the fuel prices. The result was forex reserves burning at a quickening pace, swelling circular debt (government subsidies are one of the major reasons for piling up of circular debt). The first foundation for that bankruptcy was laid by the guy who was giving you sTaBiLiTy!
Subsidies were only supposed to last a couple months. Then they would have been forced to increase the prices of gas as Tareen revealed. In the meanwhile, they were finalizing deal for Russian oil.

You may disagree with the wisdom here but there is a logic to this. It is not logical however, to continue subsidies past the budgeted amount set aside and not follow up on the Russian oil deal until the prices fall. Oil is at 55$ / barrel right now btw.

Studies show that Pakistan does not even have a housing problem as Imran Khan would have you believe so his ATMs could be awarded cushy contracts. What Pakistan has is a "quality" housing problem. How many affordable housing units were constructed under his tenure? He gave amnesty to the real estate sector that engaged in speculation to drive the land prices upwards making it a dream for lower middle-income groups to own a new roof of their own in urban Pakistan. Why do people not see the dichotomy between action and words?
Please share these studies in another thread. I will be sure to read them. The studies I have read do show a housing problem.

Like I have said elsewhere, only two solutions for affordable housing. Local taxes on real estate would be the most simple way to do it. To be fair, real estate taxes were implemented more during his tenure.

It surely has to do with what you said, but also fertile arable land being gulped by speculative forces who sap the economy of its productive capacity, and encourage imports and consumption rather than an addition of value/wealth creation.

Do you think that agricultural land should be allowed to be gulped?
To be honest with you, I don’t think Pakistans issue is lack of arable land. That may be a constraint at some point, but it is not one now. We have low overall productivity in the land we do use for farming. Primarily food price driven I believe.

I might be wrong and in that case would love to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
For the first time ever in my life I’m harboring hatred for Pakistan. Like it’s insane.

What a state! We were progressing and now we are at the verge of default. Within a span of months and a decision.

Pakistanis are majority happy with the system. So I don’t expect much to change.

We literally got hit with the worst floods that destroyed my province of Balochistan and literally no one cares or is talking about it or giving any concern now.

Just admit we are finished and focus on your ethnic identity and your personal relationship with God.

At this point there’s nothing much but copium.

Imran Khan did the most for KPK and Pashtuns overall.

That’s why I think he’s an Uber visionary.

The effect of their smartness went away after 1971.
If you harbor HATRED for Pakistan (because of what happened to a two-bit political leader who was the fetus of the same Generals who have now aborted him and whose entire politics now is about getting back to their good books/having them align with him again), then you never had any affection for Pakistan, to begin with.

One adores/pegs expectations with a leader for the betterment of the country and if you hate the country for perceived wrongs with the leader, then you never loved the country in the first place. Simple equation: Country then leader. Your sentence gave insights into how you think i.e., leader then country. Otherwise, you don't hate the country for perceived wrong with your leader.

"We were progressing" is a myth and a perfect example of amnesia. Even the PTI support base wanted to rid itself of PTI, come the next elections due to the state of inflation (at that time), joblessness, and bad governance. The imbeciles who chose to become B team of generals (PDM) made a dying party a political martyr.

I am also from Balochistan, by the way. When the country (Sindh and Balochistan mainly) was being ravaged by floods, the leader you adore was engaged in his politics (which is securing a deal with the generals by begging them to intervene once again at his behest).

Last edited:
Half my family are partition victims

We know thier evil mindset inside and out, it's a cruel,cruel world out there

That's why I get so emotionally charged when I see people, elites f-ing it up

Inke baap ka maal hai ye mulk? They have no right, they made no sacrifices
Same here brother, that's why i said to someone read my signature, he may understand it.
My immediate family had been standing up to the evil from mid 1850s. So it is a very long struggle for us. Jinnah came very late. He was persuaded to join in the struggle. I said about "Aligarh" , do people seriously thing Sir Syed established that!! He didn't have the money. He had support from people who had the money and were willing to spend it for Muslims' benefit.

Subsidies were only supposed to last a couple months. Then they would have been forced to increase the prices of gas as Tareen revealed. In the meanwhile, they were finalizing deal for Russian oil.

You may disagree with the wisdom here but there is a logic to this. It is not logical however, to continue subsidies past the budgeted amount set aside and not follow up on the Russian oil deal until the prices fall. Oil is at 55$ / barrel right now btw.

Please share these studies in another thread. I will be sure to read them. The studies I have read do show a housing problem.

Like I have said elsewhere, only two solutions for affordable housing. Local taxes on real estate would be the most simple way to do it. To be fair, real estate taxes were implemented more during his tenure.

To be honest with you, I don’t think Pakistans issue is lack of arable land. That may be a constraint at some point, but it is not one now. We have low overall productivity in the land we do use for farming. Primarily food price driven I believe.

I might be wrong and in that case would love to be proven wrong.
1. https://pide.org.pk/research/the-assumed-shortage-of-housing-in-pakistan/

2. https://blogs.worldbank.org/endpove...and-demand-key-getting-housing-right-pakistan

Brent's price is hovering around $76/barrel right now. Why were subsidies being given when the world over prices were being jacked up to limit fiscal exposure in the face of rising energy costs? Why was this being done in contravention of commitments to the primary lender, the lender of last resort (IMF) when the country's reserves were low and life support was needed? Why was consumption being promoted when the dollar supply was limited and the reserves were eroding? What is the result of this policy? A strong comeback of the current account deficit? What does that result in? Devaluation of PKR as the hard currency buffers erode?

It was pure and simple calculus where political self-interest trumped the national interest and interest of 220 million Pakistanis whose savings have been wiped by the ultimate devaluation of PKR driven by the stunt of the PTI regime in its last days.

Incorrect, he sent Shabbar Zaidi (head of FBR) home who was trying to rope in the real estate sector into the tax net. Instead, amnesty was given to whiten black money by investing in the real estate sector instead of export-based manufacturing.

You do not go to the root cause of low productivity. Farmer is abandoning farming and selling arable land for the development of commercial establishments. Look at what's happening in the GT road belt. Erecting a grey structure and then renting it out to traders and vendors are commercially more feasible for many in rural Punjab today than growing crops to feed themselves and the masses. Real estate is sapping the productivity of your economy. It is impoverishing you. What you say in this particular respect is also true, but so is this.

Last edited:
Wrong my friend, Pakistanis or more correctly Muslims of the subcontinet were fighting the war of Independence right from 1857. The Brits called it mutiny. I know because my family had been directly involved from the time. From war to education like "Aligarh Muslim University", by money, by man power, by willingness. Jinnah came later, and very late. But the fire was ignited by others who kept it ablazed.
Pay attention to my signature, you may understand a bit.
They were fighting for a united subcontinent, Pakistan wasn't even a thing back then LOL. What is this revisionist nonsense, Jinnah had nothing to do with the fighters of 1857.
Pakistan never had a war of independence, and got everything handed down to it on a silver platter by the British. Can’t expect anything from a country with that kind of history!
True, and same goes for any subcontinental country. There was no grand "freedom struggle" like it was made out to be, the whole thing was a facade and the British gave the country back and left out of sheer boredom.

They were fighting for a united subcontinent, Pakistan wasn't even a thing back then LOL. What is this revisionist nonsense, Jinnah had nothing to do with the fighters of 1857.

True, and same goes for any subcontinental country. There was no grand "freedom struggle" like it was made out to be, the whole thing was a facade and the British gave the country back and left out of sheer boredom.

The Brits could no longer project power after the war. And not with a restive 2 million man Indian army returning to the motherland. A battle hardened 2 million man army. The INA trials mutiny was what decided them.

I talked about the freedom struggle how old it is and it had been fought since mid 1850s. It never had been a common or united struggle. The Hindus joined in, when they saw it would benefit them. But Muslims also knew the mentality of the Hindus, so they stuck to their struggle of independence from both the British and the Banyas.

Remember that, the famous freedom fighters, "Sirajudullah and Tipu Sultan" were both Muslims, while Hindus mostly helped British and help them to occupy in bulk the Muslim Ruled States. Because at the time , there was no country called India, it is a creation of the British.

The Brits could no longer project power after the war. And not with a restive 2 million man Indian army returning to the motherland. A battle hardened 2 million man army. The INA trials mutiny was what decided them.
This is a cope to delude ourselves that we achieved something, the INA got absolutely demolished in every head on battle with the British. The INA was a complete failure in every facet, the Japanese would torture and use Indian POW soldiers as shooting practice for fun which about sums it all up. And besides, the INA and their sympathisers were a fringe as most Indian soldiers were absolutely loyal to the colonial generals and wouldn't dare go against them.

This is a cope to delude ourselves that we achieved something, the INA got absolutely demolished in every head on battle with the British. The INA was a complete failure in every facet, the Japanese would torture and use Indian POW soldiers as shooting practice for fun which about sums it all up. And besides, the INA and their sympathisers were a fringe as most Indian soldiers were absolutely loyal to the colonial generals and wouldn't dare go against them.

Be less quick to type a response before actually reading and understanding what is being said in what you are responding to. Will make you come across less like an overeager child trying to impress the teacher hands up desperately before even half the question is asked.

It was the Indian British Army that the Brits knew they had now no hopes of quelling. An armed and battle hardened 2 million man army that refused the INA soldiers and officers to be tried as war criminals. Read your history.

Pakistan never won a war, never had a war of independence, and got everything handed down to it on a silver platter by the British. Can’t expect anything from a country with that kind of history!
The migration of 6 million human beings and the wholesale slaughter and rape means nothing to you? The birth of Pakistan was one of the most traumatic experiences in human history. The ignorance of history is baffling and simply shameful. As I said in one of the earlier comments that you have always hated Pakistan, it is only now that you get to openly express your hatred and associate with the bullshit of enemies of this country by making statements like PaKiStAn NeVeR wOn A wAr. Go look up how 1/3rd of Kashmir was secured and who went to UNSC (not Pakistan) to beg for a ceasefire while promising a plebiscite to secure that ceasefire. Go read up on what happened to the kunnis of the Afghan national army who invaded Waziristan in the early 1960s. Go read up on what happened to the pajeets you identify with at Rann of Kutch. Go read up on what was at the brink of happening in operation grand slam at the hands of a 4 times smaller country (Pakistan) and how when the enemy you identify with opened a front on the international border how it was not only stopped in its track despite achieving total strategic surprise but the war was taken to mainland India proper (contrast that with the performance of Indian army against the Chinese in 1962 where India lost territory the size of Switzerland without capturing a single square inch of Chinese territory and the entire war was fought on Indian land). Even in 1971 when Pakistan was invaded as it was mired in a civil war where the country's majority population (Bengalis) were in open rebellion, Chamb was occupied and annexed.

I lol'ed cause I immediately thought of that cringe v Chung dude, god I hate that coconut and cant imagine myself acting like him
that's the thing. for all our wrongs, we're forgiving and loyal to a fault. that's why everything about that guy just rubs you the wrong way. cringe overload.

some generals not all some bad eggs in military need to be kicked
they are part of the same institution that protects them and enables their fuckery. the protected mushy. they will protect bajwa. and the good eggs are not going to do a thing about it.

Be less quick to type a response before actually reading and understanding what is being said in what you are responding to. Will make you come across less like an overeager child trying to impress the teacher hands up desperately before even half the question is asked.

It was the Indian British Army that the Brits knew they had now no hopes of quelling. An armed and battle hardened 2 million man army that refused the INA soldiers and officers to be tried as war criminals. Read your history.
My point still stands, the INA mutiny wouldn't have made a difference as the British would just handle it the same way they did with 1857. The British left because India became a liability for them.

My point still stands, the INA mutiny wouldn't have made a difference as the British would just handle it the same way they did with 1857. The British left because India became a liability for them.

Britain was a wreck after the air war. Britain needed all hands on deck. They could no longer hold on to India. Not with a modern British armed battle hardened army of Indians who believed they had paid for their Independence in blood. And would not be denied it any longer.

Back
Top Bottom