What's new

Call to abolish perks for judges, generals, legislators

@SQ8

Oscar sb,

The Indian revolution against the British was successful

Ah! The Indian freedom movement or the "Revolution" as you style it. It was about as real as the intergalactic spaceships and cloning that our Hindoo ancestors invented. Sorry exaggerating. It was little more than a Boys Scout thingy. By end of WW1, the British Indian Empire had stopped making economic sense and the Brits would eventually have left anyway.

To give credit to the Indian "revolutionaries" including Chacha 420, they more or less rebranded the British governance structure (rather than try something fancy) and did as well as they could have given the dysfunctional social structure that we have. I suspect the Muslim "revolutionaries" would have done the same in Pakistan except for two unfortunate accidents- 1. Creation of one Pakistan state, rather than two 2. Botched up Kashmir transfer.

Regards

PS: I remember back in 2004 or 5 - was in my late teens- Wow! Didnt realise you are so much younger than me!

he likes public funding more as "it boils more blood (of public)"
Anyway, Fauji foundation is in loss like PIA, Railway or any other public enterprise. Also, retired genz led orgs like olympic association, SUPARCO, Faui foundation etc.
Lastly, pensions come directly from Federal govt funds. For all years of serving the chief, the army suddenly realized that retirees are govt employees.

Put the military inc. under extreme pressure. Enough is enough. They might kidnap and torture at home. What will they do about IMF and others who are demanding normalcy?

I’m not sure if you are aware but we have had MI, AI and NI visiting this forum and some mods were requested to delete some posts which caught the eyes of the agencies as they revealed some info on weapon systems that was not to be spread over the internet.

Having said that, if intel can visit PDF for such posts, it won’t be difficult to imagine that they have noted down posts on Twitter and other social media that you are mentioning.

I know of an officer whose FB chats were downloaded as transcripts by agency after he came under observation and the matter got to court martial, so open posts on social media won’t go unnoticed.
Seems like Babas in GHQs are being mentored by folks in pentagon on how to suppress uneasiness in ranks. Monitor and finincial penalty. Gora use to have corporal punishment in military before, than it learned, Rozi roti per jab lat perti hy tu bary bary 30 mar khan kamosh ho jaty hain.

Good luck having talented ppl apply to these postions if u take away all the perks. Silicon Valley companies are also engaged in a war of perks, each company trying to outdo the other to attract the best talent. If you want the best ppl, u gotta pay a premium.

Back
Top Bottom