What's new

I am joining my new Job!!!

@Jade bro, i am finishing my bachelors ...and wish to do masters in finance ... either from Cranfield School of Management or Warwick business school ..

What do you have to say about these schools.. or is there something you would like to give me as a piece of advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jade bro, i am finishing my bachelors ...and wish to do masters in finance ... either from Cranfield School of Management or Warwick business school ..

What do you have to say about these schools.. or is there something you would like to give me as a piece of advice.

Warwick is a good school for Finance, and Cranfield is good for supply chain and operations

Have you checked London Schools of Economics or Oxford or Cambridge? All three offer great finance programs. I suggest you check their websites.

Warwick is a good school for Finance, and Cranfield is good for supply chain and operations

Have you checked London Schools of Economics or Oxford or Cambridge? All three offer great finance programs. I suggest you check their websites.

LSE = needs experience (Which i have none ) , oxford ( I think its something beyond me..) , Cambridge( I guess i will need 730+ Gmat for these schools.) ... I try mock tests ..i get 670..which over the time will increase. Pluse i have a serious problem of GAP year. I wasted 2 years in engineering..which eventually i left and joined finance and accounting.

And as you work in equity field..i was always curious to know what kind of skills you need to work in such field.

i know, i am not very intelligent one.. so i am aiming for something which i can get into..

LSE = needs experience (Which i have none ) , oxford ( I think its something beyond me..) , Cambridge( I guess i will need 730+ Gmat for these schools.) ... I try mock tests ..i get 670..which over the time will increase. Pluse i have a serious problem of GAP year. I wasted 2 years in engineering..which eventually i left and joined finance and accounting.

And as you work in equity field..i was always curious to know what kind of skills you need to work in such field.

i know, i am not very intelligent one.. so i am aiming for something which i can get into..

I guess LSE does not need experience. They have great MSc programs in finance. If you good enough for Cambridge then you are good for Oxford too. Both have same requirements.

Equity is a vast field. Most work include valuations, raising capital, issuing IPO, M&A advisory, brokerage, trading and then there is private equity and hedge funds.

Hi Guys,

After two long years, I am completing my MBA from London Business School this July. I am offered a job through campus placements from a reputed Private Equity Company in London. I am joining my Job next Monday.

I thought, I should share this great news with my fellow PDF members who have become a kind of family to me and unfortunately, beginning next week, I may not be able to spend a lots of time on PDF except may be on Sundays.

Regards
Jade

I wanted to congratulate you but noticed that it's year old topic, so first want to make sure you are still there or got fired because of your trolling on PDF? :coffee:

I wanted to congratulate you but noticed that it's year old topic, so first want to make sure you are still there or got fired because of your trolling on PDF? :coffee:

I am still there :D, but do I troll?

@Jade : What qualification (academic or professional) would you recommend to someone looking to a career out of FOREX trading & consultancy ?

@Jade : What qualification (academic or professional) would you recommend to someone looking to a career out of FOREX trading & consultancy ?

Sorry Armstrong, I don't have much idea on FOREX trading & consultancy. If you want I ask my colleagues.

Go for CMT. Certified Market Technician. http://www.mta.org/eweb/StartPage.aspx But first read the following :

1. Dow Theory
2. Steve Nison

Both are technical analysis. The first is based on what are called "western techniques" and nison is candlesticks. Start from there.

Back
Top Bottom