What's new

I am joining my new Job!!!

hey @Jade congrats(one year late wishes) :smokin:.... what package you are getting...

Last edited by a moderator:
did you study with loan ? how much loan can i get for mim ? how much pounds should be in my hand before i join ?
Iam confident of getting good score in cat and gmat next year . MIM from lbs or pgdm from iim which would suit me . I want to have intl experience and come back to India .

As far as loans are concerned, I believe there is an agreement between HSBC and LBS to provide students with loans without any collateral. HSBC would provide around 80% of the total fee, but would not bear any living costs.

Programs at LBS are very busy, and then there are networking events, seminars, competition with US Business School, and other extra curricular activities, so don't expect to do any part time jobs. So at least you need a years living cost in hand apart from the School fees

@Jade : What qualification (academic or professional) would you recommend to someone looking to a career out of FOREX trading & consultancy ?

@Armstrong

In spite of my best effort I could not find a program that focuses only on forex trading. As forex trading is part of international trade and finance, my suggestion would be to focus on general finance degrees programs that would give you solid background on finance in general and international finance in particular, and also as trading is high risk, you will be dealing with currency hedging all the time, hence a good knowledge on currency derivatives is essential. CFA or FRM can be alternatives to a degree program.

And remember, no degree program will teach you the real aspects of a forex job. You will have to learn that while doing the real job. A good degree program in finance will open doors for you in a good forex company or a bank and from there on your efforts and enthusiasm to learn will make you an expert in forex trading.

@Armstrong

In spite of my best effort I could not find a program that focuses only on forex trading. As forex trading is part of international trade and finance, my suggestion would be to focus on general finance degrees programs that would give you solid background on finance in general and international finance in particular, and also as trading is high risk, you will be dealing with currency hedging all the time, hence a good knowledge on currency derivatives is essential. CFA or FRM can be alternatives to a degree program.

And remember, no degree program will teach you the real aspects of a forex job. You will have to learn that while doing the real job. A good degree program in finance will open doors for you in a good forex company or a bank and from there on your efforts and enthusiasm to learn will make you an expert in forex trading.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it ! :)

Back
Top Bottom