What's new

I am a proud Hindu and I am not ashamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will not find me adorned in saffron and shouting hoarse in a crowded market place or at a public gathering that I am a proud Hindu. Neither will you hear me speak of the hidden truth of the great Hindu scriptures or sermonize an unwilling entity on the Vedanta philosophy over buttered scones and tea. I have never found a reason to do any such thing simply because I lack adequate knowledge and even if I were to possess enough of it for arguments sake, I would not see a reason to blow my trumpet unless I am ‘pushed’ to do it. When would I be ‘pushed’ to do such things? If somebody scorns or mocks at the tenets of which Hinduism is based upon, I would then deem it necessary to argue rationally on the merits of the case without making a spectacle of myself. But, this is a highly individualistic display and there are many who well and truly cannot help but make a spectacle of themselves simply because their emotions get in their way. Frankly, even I am not sure as an educated individual if I could garner the gumption to be rationally argumentative and not emotionally argumentative. There is something about religion that always touches the ‘ raw’ nerves. At some point or the other, each one of us have fallen victims to this ‘soft’ spot and even borne the brunt of being termed a bigot.

The fundamental tenets of Hinduism are based on pluralism. In a 1995 judgment, theSupreme Court of India ruled that “Ordinarily, Hindutva is understood as a way of life or a state of mind and is not to be equated with or understood as religious Hindu fundamentalism … it is a fallacy and an error of law to proceed on the assumption … that the use of words Hindutva or Hinduism per se depicts an attitude hostile to all persons practicing any religion other than the Hindu religion … It may well be that these words are used in a speech to promote secularism or to emphasize the way of life of the Indian people and the Indian culture or ethos, or to criticize the policy of any political party as discriminatory or intolerant.” Crystal clear in my opinion, what more needs to be explained. When somebody talks of how intolerant Hindus are, I simply say to them that they cannot be following the Hindutva way of life, the one that universally embraces the same values and aspirations.

There is a group that raises its powerful head quite often; lets call them the Illuminati for now. This is a highly educated, influential and affluent group. You will find this group in all walks of life, influencing behavior of others with an agenda best known to them. They pretend they are not religious, they pretend to be democratic and yet they carry with them a sword that tears into every audible murmur that a Hindu will make and will try to take him to the gallows at every given opportunity. The Illuminati at the same time turns a blind eye to reason, facts and factualism are usually relegated to the back burners. If their target so as to dares to substantiate a point of view with credence, the target is immediately zeroed in and labeled as an enthusiastic member of the saffron brigade. They are also termed as the bigots who are tearing down the very fundamentals on which the constitution of this country is drafted upon. You will never hear the last of the logic of the Illuminati; usually blaring at you from those tiny squares on prime time lop sided TV debates. Pretty much like the Illuminati of the yesteryears who were however more productive, this not so secret society conspires to establish a new world order. You will find them peeping in movies, magazines, newspapers, television shows and yes, you will find them pulling the strings. More recently, you will also find them laughing and jeering at the ongoing Science Congress which until recently has probably not even dared to rake up the science of the Vedas. It is not about examining into evidences of flights of fantasy that were taken by Indians a long time before Pratibha Patil took them, it is about debunking, refuting the probability of this concept entirely without examination. To the Illuminati, Hinduism is a myth; the sacred texts of the Ramayana and Mahabharata are a mythology in its exact sense even if all other sacred texts that bear no relation with Hinduism are factual Science. But what is their agenda one may ask and the reason for this rather well organized and well funded display of solidarity against all things Hindutva? For one, the core agenda is to shake the roots of which the principles of Hindutva are based upon and to stunt the growth of Hinduism. I must agree with Shashi Tharoor who rightly stated – “To mock the credulous exaggerations of the Hindutva brigade, you don’t need to debunk the genuine accomplishments of ancient Indian science!”

A stone Ganesha cannot drink milk and plastic surgery on the elephant God is labeled ludicrous. Yet a stone Mother can weep blood and the veritableness of Immaculate Conception is not debated upon. Our texts state that even many Hindu Gods and Goddesses had their holy offspring’s via immaculate conception. Why not discuss the significance of these events so carefully drafted in religious scriptures as the foundation for modern day reproductive techniques like IUI and IVF? But, will it be discussed? I am a proud and devout Hindu. I enjoy debating and I strongly encourage multiple narratives, I am a liberal, I am not ashamed of my religion and I will not permit my religion to be made a mockery of and will air my ‘limited’ knowledge without fear of being run down. But how many do?

Times Of India | Blogs

I can't find words to describe it , an excellent article that projects the inner feelings of every self respected hindu towards the so called liberals who are at great service to the nation in protecting its secular fibre from evil hindus....

@Soumitra , @ranjeet, @SarthakGanguly ,@Lord Zen ,@Tshering22 , @levina , @Sidak your thoughts ??

There is no religion called Hinduism, yes but Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Shaktism and others and your whole definition is wrong. For easiness for other religion we can't say we are follower of Abrahamic religion (Abrahamic religions include Judaism, Christianity or Islam) but we can say we are follower of Judaism, Christianity or Islam.

As a student of comparative study of religion i fail to identify any religion called Hinduism.

love the way ppl bicker here over religion . my dharmic friends should understand god of abrahmic faiths have different characteristic than our god. they wont understand . thats it . end of discussion . can any abrahmic faith give me an answer if god knew that the teachings of previous prophets are gonna be corrupted , then why didnt he do anything. and why didnt god created everyone equal if he/she believed in equality , why some man are born poor and some rich, why some genius some duffer , some some child die in childhood why some live to 100 years. simple religion is a different concept in their faith than ours. do not debate. ours is different than theirs. @SarthakGanguly

Last edited:
No but you have done something equal...letting them live without allowing them their religion....coz without them seeping in your religion (gods/ temple or whatever) you wouldnt accept them...THAT in English is intolerance! They are alive but suppressed!

Have you seen the Mattanchery Synagogue?
A Jew temple constructed withthehelp of Hindu Cochin King for Jews only.So much for intolerance :lol:

But yes it is confusing how you can make an idol and then bow to it..We dont and never will believe in making gods with our hands...He is not god when he has a form....He cant have a form and no form at the same time....

why do people of u r nation respect and salute to u r national flag ?? after all it is jst a piece of coloured fabric rt ?? it is bcz u respect the country and u r saluting to the nation wch the flag represents. it is the spirit of nation that is embedded in to the flag otherwise it is jst a piece of useless fabric.. hindus doesn't pray idols bcz it manifests the lord in human form and we are actually praying to the lord himself... and there is no text that says u have to pray an idol to reach god.. u could pray him jst by chanting his name in u r heart and stl reach him.. u should be more concerned abt y u pray facing only kabba ??

Again I am asking you where did I say about enforcing any one with anything ?
The very fact that you enforce HINDUISM or only acknowledge your friends going to temples (adulterated part) or the numbers of other Indians here openly say they dont want any pure religion speaks heaps!
Entire Indians irrespective of their religion have rights in Hinduism .
You cant even separate it in 1 post forget other stuff:

My post was against the narrow mindedness of some Hindutva group and now you are talking me about tolerance BS.
We didnt kidnapp,rape and convert for increasing quantity our beliefs neither did the harvesting souls by using money .We dont have so called emirates and official religion .
You do...By ONLY allowing those who worship your GODS ALSO is already showing how much tolerance you have!

As for the other ...it is not in anyone's religion so holding on to straws is really sad!

We dont force anyone to follow monothesim and didnt see as opposing them as a blasphemy.We didnt force anyone to follow our religion.Yet our people areproud about our Indian Culture aka Hinduism while theyfollowing their own personal beliefs.
Personal belief of a Muslim doesnt include going and bowing to a tomb! It doesnt include going and bowing to a god in a temple ...So when you use those as examples...you can see you only see those acceptable!

Accept this .You cant imagine becauseyou are not an Indian.
lolz...talk about throwing accusations?! When at loss that is all that is left to do!
Who the F are you to talk on the behalf of Muslims and Christians in India?
Again I amasking you what do you know about India ?
I am an Indian.And I know the feelings of Christians and Muslims in our country where other religions go for Hindu festival and happily participating.I know christians and Muslims that are firm belivers of Hindu deities.
Recently I have heard about the visiting of a muslim DIG (extremely senior IPS officer) in our nearby temple due to his personal beliefs .You can see crores of Muslims in India having beliefs in Hinduism.
Even the examples you give only circulate around what you accept...How about what their religion teaches? Do you accept that? Their religion teaches monotheism do you accept it?

You cant even comprehend what pure religion without Hinduism means:
Religion is not a priority of majority of Indians

You are talking a lot about purity .Then What is the difference between your concept and Nazis concept.?
What do you mean by these purity?

You cant even separate the two:

This is about Indian culture aka Hinduism.
Hence anyone wanting to be monotheist cant without accepting hinduism (at least from the POV of many of you)

What was my first post in these thread ?
Did I told about enforcing anyone in that post ?
We dont need harvesting souls and blasphemy for the existense of our culture.Here people have complete freedom for their beliefs.
What form of freedoms? You have highlighted REPEATEDLY Muslims going to temples...If that is freedom then you have no idea what is! Freedom is not to be judged based on your believe! Freedom is no need to join you in all your ceremonies...Freedom is no need to make a showcase of bowing to a different god to be accepted....
Noone need to follow Hinduism strictly for being Hindu.People might chose other religion.But their motherland is India and so also have rights in our culture.
And As an Indian I know how they follow that culture .
The very fact that you want everyone to be a hindu even if it means bending Hinduism to this line: Noone need to follow Hinduism strictly for being Hindu.
Those who have compulsory terms like purity and adultered should be the last one to ask us about tolerance and intolerance.
Why should I be the last one? Coz I tolerate other's religion without the need for it to include me?

All religion has supernatural events. But it become ridiculous when these events are interpret as ancient scientific achievements of modern inventions. That is why many people, including a majority of Indian, are irritated by these ancient Indian scientific claims.

If it's supernatural, keep it that way. Don't need to mix religion with science.

Finally, I believe people of all faith should be proud of their religion.

This! No problem of someone being proud of his/her religion.

But if religious belief is the only base to take credit for every scientific invention in the world (according to extremist hindu logic), then they can spare us all some time and make a general proclamation.

Let them proclaim that from now everything that has been invented in the world till date, and everything that will be invented 100 years in the future, is something that ancient (Modi) indians had already invented, because their religion says so.

But please do not expect the world to buy this cr@p!

There is no religion called Hinduism, yes but Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Shaktism and others and your whole definition is wrong. For easiness for other religion we can't say we are follower of Abrahamic religion (Abrahamic religions include Judaism, Christianity or Islam) but we can say we are follower of Judaism, Christianity or Islam.

As a student of comparative study of religion i fail to identify any religion called Hinduism.

And FYI SreeSankaracharya unified entire Hinduism

actulally their isnt anything that is described in our holybooks that said that we are hindus. we are because british were calling us that. we have no name for our religion, because their was no need ,

bro , wen u r trying to read abt hinduism u need to remember that u can't compare hinduism with other monotheistic religions that originated in middle east. if u ever read judgement of india's supremecourt abt hinuism it describes hinduism as a way of culture and a way of life and not a religion like any other..the problem comes wen u try to use d same yard stick for hinduism as u use it with other religions...

the op has nothing to do with other religions , it is abt the way how certain left centred and corrupted elite indians are trying to undermine hinduism using there influential powers..

What really irritate others is when you use the term Hindu Muslim and Christians. They are Muslims or Christians, not Hindu Muslims or Hindu Christians. I don't have to be in India to know that your catorgorization of other faith will irritate them. Also, just because someone visit another's place of worship does not make them part of that religion. Try to be respectful of another religion.
Absorption and assimilation of others is what "hinduism" is.Without this cultural,theological appropriation it wouldn't survive.
Why do you think many hindus are now using the "Dharmic" tag?Describing buddhism,jainism and sikhism and even various other native indigeneous beliefs as "Dharmic"?

This is how hinduism came to be,absorbing various beliefs when it couldn't compete.If christianity and Islam weren't so resistant to misappropriation or repulsed on being attached to pagan faiths,hinduism would have long absorbed these two.

Sigh...Did your education teach you to give examples? Does it limit the fact that when giving examples you have to mention I AM GONNA GIVE AN EXAMPLE OR TWO....does it limit that
examples cant be more than the ones given? What sort of education is that? can you ask for a refund? :pop:

Did I ask that? How is it I am asking that when I have repeatedly said to you be your believes and to me be mine? Just coz I am not asking the believes to be mixed or seep in and loose their original form means I want them destroyed? What logic?

my education tot me to look at thngs from a broad perspective and not limit it to be through a narrow self religious view...
about u r 2nd para u r jst a push away from declaring that anything that doesn't oblige with u r religious stand has to be destroyed , doesn't matter if it is a heritage/ a culture tat u r ancestors built for ages...

Ok to hell with those notifications..Lets start with you:

Monotheism is not only way to reach salvation or is it so ? What's wrong in worshipping many gods/goddess ?
Well it is OUR believe it is...But then as I said many times on this thread: THAT IS OUR BELIEVE....no one needs to be forced to be a part with it...Hence the verse of the Quran: to you be your believes and to us be ours!

Whats wrong with worshiping many gods and goddess?

Well, 1stly if there is more of it ...its not unique.
2ndly, if they have human attributes they are not special/ unique
3dly, why would you want to bow to semi something when you can do to 1 who is supreme and ABOVE ALL?
4thly, in Hinduism and OTHER religions like Roman and Greek...the gods fought...how is that not scary? GOD (a supreme one who knows it all) fighting with another of that kind....and then having Greek and Roman gods come to earth for sexual desires?
5thly, why do you need soo many?
6th, is the supreme one not self sufficient enough to control all that he needs more "to help him"?

Btw Quran has more specific term to distinct the ppl based on religion however in Hinduism as a way of life has very vast definition since inception.
You have Hindu and then you have non Hindu - those who dont believe in the many gods, who dont follow the vedas and Upanishids
1) Vasudhev Kutumbakkam( Entire earth is like my family, here do you see any monotheistic or polytheistic philosophical distinction ?)
2) Sarvey bhavantu Sukhina ( May all live in happiness again here do you see any monotheistic or polytheistic philosophical distinction ?)

Bhagwan(God) is panchtatva in Hinduism.....
Well no...But when I dont bow to your gods (which is different to accepting them as your gods and if you want to bow them your choice) nor do I follow your books ...Then how can I be a Hindu?

So either the philosophy is wrong or it is just an apologist view?

my education tot me to look at thngs from a broad perspective and not limit it to be through a narrow self religious view...
Broad yet you cant leave one alone as a pure Muslim...who doesnt want to bow to your gods?
Broad yet you will not loose a chance to call out a Muslim who isnt bowing to your gods?
Broad as in how? Broad in your limited view of Hinduism and everything should revolve around it?
about u r 2nd para u r jst a push away from declaring that anything that doesn't oblige with u r religious stand has to be destroyed ,
Broad view? Maybe one should prevent you from broad views of this sort! Show me where I mentioned destroying or even harming anything...Just 1 post!

By stating you mind your own business with whatever you believe and I will mind my own somehow in your broadened perspective it seems like one wants to destroy the other?
:rofl:
doesn't matter if it is a heritage/ a culture tat u r ancestors built for ages...
Cultures if dont make sense, making an idol with your own hands and then bowing to it and if one questions it someone wants it destroyed? Now see where logic goes :tsk:

Caste is the biggest bane of Hindu society.
Though it sounds racist, I believe the early arrivals who bring Hinduism to India(Aryans) believed the native Humans are inferior people. They may have structured caste system to prevent Pure and Aboriginals from mixing. The lower castes are obviously the native people. Another thing is, Hinduism assimilated Tribal religions and Gods. Every tribal deity is traced into one of the original avatars in mainstream Hinduism.

Last edited:
why do people of u r nation respect and salute to u r national flag ?? after all it is jst a piece of coloured fabric rt ?? it is bcz u respect the country and u r saluting to the nation wch the flag represents. it is the spirit of nation that is embedded in to the flag otherwise it is jst a piece of useless fabric.. hindus doesn't pray idols bcz it manifests the lord in human form and we are actually praying to the lord himself... and there is no text that says u have to pray an idol to reach god.. u could pray him jst by chanting his name in u r heart and stl reach him..
So saluting to a flag is equal to praying to an idol? :blink:

Why do you need something to manifest lord in human form? Didnt god say he has no form so why do YOU give him a form?

u should be more concerned abt y u pray facing only kabba ??
There is facing and then there is praying to!

We face the kabba as a qibla! A point of unity...No matter where the Muslim is around the world he faces the same place...

Have you seen the Mattanchery Synagogue?
A Jew temple constructed withthehelp of Hindu Cochin King for Jews only.So much for intolerance :lol:
So which of your god are you seeping into their religion? :pop:

That makes no sense. And especially not from a religious standpoint. Hindu heritage is for Hindus, why should the rest be 'proud' of it if they believe all of it to be, pardon my French, BS? The last thing a Muslim needs is to be proud of a temple where all sorts of false idols were worshiped. And that's just an example.

False idols ? How can you judge them false or genuine? Does Allah tell you that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom