What's new

HQ 9 / FD2000 spotted in Pakistan

HQ 9 or FD2000 spotted in Pakistan.
FD2000 is long-range Higher altitude Surface to Air missiles system .
It is the Chinese counterpart to Russian S300 and Patriot SAM systems

84304178_744274739434704_1555245294680014848_n.jpg
Does it remain effective after been spotted ?

Where is this picture from last one for radar was story in janes and multiple other sources ?

What is the source of this one ??

Kindly prove it. And Buk has other support systems too, it has its own tracking radar and have additional 12 missiles launcher which can be connected to main launcher.
It's is well known Chinese electronic and system is better than Russian. I don't know how until now u haven even get your info. It is well known Chinese is some of the pioneer in introducing AESA AWACS and you think Chinese can't make a missile radar system better than Russian?

If Russian system is far better, we wouldn't even bother to make our own local version. Simple logic.

https://www.popsci.com/blog-network/eastern-arsenal/hq-17-classic-russian-missile-new-chinese-twist/

Last edited:
To target low and slow flying munitions ?
Low altitude, fast or slow doesn't matter - but with high rate of fire to take down as many as possible within a short time period.

Isin't LY 80 enough to counter them. Pakistan Armoured Brigade will be protected by PAF against IAF
Is there any official confirmation that LY-80 will be joining armored formation and will be crossing the border entering India with PA forces.

Would China allow that for HQ 9? Since it places a considerable threat for theft of technology by Foreign company
Pakistan would have customized J-10 also, even J-31, so why not HQ-9

What other Long Range systems are avaiable to us?
I may not the appropriate person to answer that

Low altitude, fast or slow doesn't matter - but with high rate of fire to take down as many as possible within a short time period.

I think those Swiss AA guns will have hard time intercepting hyper-sonic Missiles, the downside is that there will be no room for error , if those Guns misses than you brace for impact .. We need a 3 layer AD starting from long range SAMS of 150+ km , than <100 km and finally short range and AA guns .

I think those Swiss AA guns will have hard time intercepting hyper-sonic Missiles, the downside is that there will be no room for error , if those Guns misses than you brace for impact .. We need a 3 layer AD starting from long range SAMS of 150+ km , than <100 km and finally short range and AA guns .
AAA Guns are mated with Radars (like Sky Guard) for a reason.

We also need well-defined strategy/tactics against Drone swarms and won't hurt to invest in a hypersonic missile of our own!

It's is well known Chinese electronic and system is better than Russian. I don't know how until now u haven even get your info. It is well known Chinese is some of the pioneer in introducing AESA AWACS and you think Chinese can't make a missile radar system better than Russian?

If Russian system is far better, we wouldn't even bother to make our own local version. Simple logic.

https://www.popsci.com/blog-network/eastern-arsenal/hq-17-classic-russian-missile-new-chinese-twist/

The US (and the West) invested heavily over the last 2-3 decades in Chinese tech sector Semi's, Processors, etc., something which the Russians never had access to. This has allowed Chinese Tech Sector to mature much more quickly and rapidly -- I'm a firm believer the Chinese Tech is most likely superior to the Russians.

For a country like Pakistan swarm Attacks will be hard, rather we need better Jamming Systems and Precise SOW's ,which can take S-400 from a safe distance.
Can be easily and cheaply. Turkey STM has developed killer Kargu.
You cant jam S400.

Don't know why but to me it seem rounded canisters of some surface to surface missile .... location is more important here to make a guess here

Last edited:
Don't know why but to me it seem rounded canisters of some surface to surface missile .... location is more important here to make a guess here
What Surface to Surface Missile we have which are mounted on 2 or 4 cylinders on a truck?

The truck is parked near a runway while its the PA AD interested in the FD-2000.

Plus any evaluation will be battery level at least ,i.e., multiple launchers + support vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom