What's new

How Pakistan can become an economic force in the region?

Total BS. Not wort replying.

Dude we - (as in Indian posters here) might have been in a position to give advice if India was an economic powerhouse - which incidentally we aren't yet. We have our own long list of myriad problems and are confused of the solutions for them. So, it would be better if we let Pakistani's figure it out for themselves for now as to what needs to be done for their economy and what direction it needs to head.

Just out of curiousity, has secular India gotten ridden off their terrorism problems? Have secular West gotten rid of problems? How has the word secular improved economics of a region? Seriously people need to wake up and recheck that word which every Indian is holding dearly to the heart? It is starting to feel like no one ACTUALLY understands the word and are just hyped up about a NEW word in their dictionary!

I'll skip the terrorism bit and argue this from the point of view of economics.

The Rise and Fall of Enforcement Institutions: An Example of Religion and Secularism

Pavel Ciaian, Jan Pokrivcak and d'Artis Kancs compare developed economies, that rely on secular institutions to enforce laws and rules, to developing economies, that more frequently draw on informal institutions, in particular religious ones. Secular ones have an explicit and formal legal enforcement mechanism that can adapt to changing circumstances. A secular society is not bogged down by the dogmas of religious institutions and encourages free thought processes which in turn results in innovation and enterprise.

stats are posted here.
Pakistan: How fat is the wallet?
Please do some serious introspection.

Fauj explains this much more succinctly with hard hitting statistics.

We Indians as a society are yet not truly "secular" in the real sense of the word. We have our own set of problems (Shiv sena, SIMI, Bajrang Dal) to name a few, all too eager to pursue their own vested interests in the name of religion. But to be fair we have come a long way.

Peace.

I'll skip the terrorism bit and argue this from the point of view of economics.

The Rise and Fall of Enforcement Institutions: An Example of Religion and Secularism

Pavel Ciaian, Jan Pokrivcak and d'Artis Kancs compare developed economies, that rely on secular institutions to enforce laws and rules, to developing economies, that more frequently draw on informal institutions, in particular religious ones. Secular ones have an explicit and formal legal enforcement mechanism that can adapt to changing circumstances. A secular society is not bogged down by the dogmas of religious institutions and encourages free thought processes which in turn results in innovation and enterprise.
Thank you for your explanation but I really do not see how RELIGION stops innovation and enterprise....INNOVATION IN religion is forbidden but progress is never forbidden...Yes, A MULLAH would do that but we have extremist in every SOCIETY...now if these use RELIGION to cover their *** why should an INTELLECTUAL man blame religion?

We Indians as a society are yet not truly "secular" in the real sense of the word. We have our own set of problems (Shiv sena, SIMI, Bajrang Dal) to name a few, all too eager to pursue their own vested interests in the name of religion. But to be fair we have come a long way.

Peace.
Many of us knows what fauji explains and have stopped even reading his posts ...

banvanaxl said: ↑
Peace.
Many of us knows what fauji explains and have stopped even reading his posts ...

Fair enough, it is your personal opinion and I respect that. I'll not use his references further in this thread.

Thank you for your explanation but I really do not see how RELIGION stops innovation and enterprise....INNOVATION IN religion is forbidden but progress is never forbidden...Yes, A MULLAH would do that but we have extremist in every SOCIETY...now if these use RELIGION to cover their *** why should an INTELLECTUAL man blame religion?

I am not going to talk about Islam or Hinduism as it can lead to flame-baiting/trolling and general degradation of the thread by zealots on both sides.

Lets take Christianity and Jainism to minimize the fallout :-).
The Roman catholic church effectively destroyed the 1st ever functioning banking system when they excommunicated and were effectively responsible for the murder of the Knights Templar in the early 1100's.
Galileo Galilei was ostracized for his work in astronomy. It effectively stunted innovation and free thought for decades, when he was placed under house arrest for the rest of his life.
Lord Mahavir was responsible for thousands of tradesman and merchants giving up their trade and renouncing all worldly attachment and living their lives as ascetics, which resulted in the major economic stagnation of the Kalinga empire for the better half of a century.
A damning feature historically common to most religions worldwide, would be the oppression of women and the refusal to grant them equality in profession, trade and otherwise with the menfolk.
Half the population of the world, ie. the women were refused their rightful place to work and contribute to the progress of their individual societies and humanity at large until very recently. Many orthodox cultures still follow the same.

Its a well documented fact that when religion supersedes free enterprise in any culture, innovation and commerce stagnates.

Progress as you say is not forbidden in religion .... granted, but within the purview of the said religious tenets.
Any innovation. thought or notion not conforming with the same is effectively stamped out in totalitarian regimes ruled by the word of God rather than the laws of humanity and logic.

Hope I haven't offended any feelings .. if i have, I apologize in advance.

Peace out .....

So you really think by dropping China as strategic partner Pakistan will become an economic force in the region?

I wonder what others think about your TOTAL BS?

No. By dropping China you will not become Economic force but you will take an important step in that direction. For Example you offer china the construction an partnership in Gwadar port. They deployed their own people and gave construction contract to their own company and took all the money back to China. You neither got money or employment but china got partnership in Gwadar. Had your government been sane, it would have gone for open tendering with specific terms and conditions. They supply you substandard LOCO and cripple your railway. They simply make money out of the Junks supplied to you. You should rather choose what is best for you rather than beliving China your Friend, Philosopher and guide.

No. By dropping China you will not become Economic force but you will take an important step in that direction. For Example you offer china the construction an partnership in Gwadar port. They deployed their own people and gave construction contract to their own company and took all the money back to China. You neither got money or employment but china got partnership in Gwadar. Had your government been sane, it would have gone for open tendering with specific terms and conditions. They supply you substandard LOCO and cripple your railway. They simply make money out of the Junks supplied to you. You should rather choose what is best for you rather than beliving China your Friend, Philosopher and guide.

and who can be the alternative of China then?

Dude we - (as in Indian posters here) might have been in a position to give advice if India was an economic powerhouse - which incidentally we aren't yet. We have our own long list of myriad problems and are confused of the solutions for them. So, it would be better if we let Pakistani's figure it out for themselves for now as to what needs to be done for their economy and what direction it needs to head.

You are right.

Our problem is a weak government in center. All BJP rulled states are growing at a rate of over 10%.

Well,why do you need any country for help?you should try doing things on your own....

But we are not taking 'help' from China, we are doing our business..trade! and thats in the favor of Pakistan. Furthermore, we can trade with whoever we want to.

But we are not taking 'help' from China, we are doing our business..trade! and thats in the favor of Pakistan. Furthermore, we can trade with whoever we want to.
I was saying in the context of what hari prasad said to you.....
Like why you cant Gwadar port on your own.......
You need China's help for everything that was what I was trying to say....

I was saying in the context of what hari prasad said to you.....
Like why you cant Gwadar port on your own.......
You need China's help for everything that was what I was trying to say....

As I said before, it's not 'help' it's trade.. business. People do that all the time.
Why anyone else has a problem with it? It's not their matter, right?

Hariprasad needs to get down his high horse .

I found his statement of Dropping China as Economic Partner really reaaly supremely Retarded and AMusing . CHina is AMongst the biggest Trading Partners of India .

And Chinese Education is no where near Indian Education System . Are you on high on BHANG . Chinese Education system is far ahead of ours and CHinese Scientists and Engineers are outshining most of the people in the world .

But your Anti-China glasses makes you blind .

ALso Stop talking to bald old man riaz . He is doing what he does the best . whenever you will smash one of his point to pieces he will jump his fat butt on some other stats .

Now On topic i have nothing new to add which has already not been added .

Peace .

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom