What's new

How Pakistan can become an economic force in the region?

All problems of Pakistan stem out of its leadership. Pakistan needs a visionary leader. One that actually intends to make Pakistan an economic force. Imran Khan can be a start. .

Oh please, IK is visionary, really?? If making a country lose 500 + billion in a month with innocents dead means a "visionary" leadership then Saddam and Kadafi must be your ideal leaders. None of the above actually help any of their economies, just fyi. An individual who destroyed his bright political future over some Ex-General's rumors...ain't no visionary. I have another word for it and it'll tick off the admins as they are pro-IK so I keep it to myself.

I am not a big fan of NS. But, under the current circumstances, he's the best shot Pakistan has. The international investment community has put their confidence in Pakistan's economy. Investments are already in and more on its way. Once the power outage issue is set to be resolved (meaning additional electric producing projects are somewhat completed and new one's started), these guys need to decide on a future vision for the country. Like India, outside of many things these guys now do, they focused on Labor services due to educational based system and went towards the Technology. Turkey is going towards Military hardware along with a few other things. Malaysia, Semiconductor manufacturing. China went towards cheaper manufacturing, etc, etc.
IMO, Pakistan needs to focus on Heavy Industries (Engineering Services), Technology and Medical. Between these three lines, even if you become sub-contractors for the Chinese, there is trillions to be made through the Chinese. Add help from the US, the Middle East (and some from Europe), you'll have a huge service based economy providing Heavy Industries (Engineering), Technology and Medical related talent across the globe. Just like India, Pakistani labor has tremendous capability in these three areas. So use what you are gifted with.

and people were trying to convince me about RIGHTS of this and that...equality and this and that.....

Someone once told me:
The Equality exists on the Scale. Equality elsewhere is pure human perception.
Rights exist in the Constitution. Some blatantly violate the constitution and do violent protests but yet think they have the "RIGHT" to go to the same Parliament they desecrated at will.
So until there is a top-down system that ensures Rights of the constitution by leaders and applies it to their daily dealings and creates an example for common public to follow.....it ain't happening.
It's like parents, they do stuff and children follow. Similarly, leaders do things and make a political culture of peace and tranquility, then a democratic nation is born. I don't see that through these violent protests as to how it is even close to being true!

Last edited:
Privatization is one key element. Other important elements are, creating an atmosphere and incentives for foreign investments get an educated and qualified workforce, (make cheap generic medication for export to third world countries; It is a huge market, Pakistan will certainly find a good niche in it), follow on the projects with Iran and China, get rid of the energy crisis as soon as possible to allow the growth of small and medium businesses.
Tap in the $ 200 billion dollars hidden in Swiss accounts and that might be available as early as 2019, and privatization that will land in $ 100 billion by that time too.
I think all or most of the important ingredients are there, all it needs is a wise political guidance.

Oh please, IK is visionary, really?? If making a country lose 500 + billion in a month with innocents dead means a "visionary" leadership then Saddam and Kadafi must be your ideal leaders. None of the above actually help any of their economies, just fyi. An individual who destroyed his bright political future over some Ex-General's rumors...ain't no visionary. I have another word for it and it'll tick off the admins as they are pro-IK so I keep it to myself.

I am not a big fan of NS. But, under the current circumstances, he's the best shot Pakistan has. The international investment community has put their confidence in Pakistan's economy. Investments are already in and more on its way. Once the power outage issue is set to be resolved (meaning additional electric producing projects are somewhat completed and new one's started), these guys need to decide on a future vision for the country. Like India, outside of many things these guys now do, they focused on Labor services due to educational based system and went towards the Technology. Turkey is going towards Military hardware along with a few other things. Malaysia, Semiconductor manufacturing. China went towards cheaper manufacturing, etc, etc.
IMO, Pakistan needs to focus on Heavy Industries (Engineering Services), Technology and Medical. Between these three lines, even if you become sub-contractors for the Chinese, there is trillions to be made through the Chinese. Add help from the US, the Middle East (and some from Europe), you'll have a huge service based economy providing Heavy Industries (Engineering), Technology and Medical related talent across the globe. Just like India, Pakistani labor has tremendous capability in these three areas. So use what you are gifted with.

Someone once told me:
Rights exist in the Constitution. Some blatantly violate the constitution and do violent protests but yet think they have the "RIGHT" to go to the same Parliament they desecrated at will.
So until there is a top-down system that ensures Rights of the constitution by leaders and applies it to their daily dealings and creates an example for common public to follow.....it ain't happening.
It's like parents, they do stuff and children follow. Similarly, leaders do things and make a political culture of peace and tranquility, then a democratic nation is born. I don't see that through these violent protests as to how it is even close to being true!
You mean $ 500 million, I guess.
The example of parents and children compared to politician and their followers holds as long as the populace is not educated enough. When you are dealing with an educated populace they check every move and word of their leader and their soundness.

Last edited:
And you guys have same problem on your afghan border and we on our bangladeshi border as well. Peace in South Asia is a distant dream. And economy cant be good without peace as it takes a chunk of our money on military that could have been used to developing the country.

No we don't. We don't fire at Indians. On India's eastern frontier, bullets fly one way only!

You mean $ 500 million, I guess.
The example of parents and children compared to politician and their followers holds as long as the populace is not educated enough.

500 BILLION in PKR is around 1.1 or 1.2 Billion USD. Pakisan's budget is around 60 some Billions USD. Imagine how much a Billion USD can help MILLION of poor People in Pakistan. Don't marginalize the impact. Whether it was $ 500 (and you live in the west), you know these two idiots would be heading to the anti-terrorism jail without doubts. If in doubt, ask them to so this stunt in Canada or the US, see what happens in the first 10 minutes!

Education has nothing to do with human common sense and training. Whether kids go to school or not, they mimic their parents and do what the parents do. That's human nature. Environment (Education) helps but you'll still be what your parents were. A girl pick up after her mother (generally) and boys usually copy the father. That's how humans work. So if you don't have a clear understanding of human psychology, I suggest you read up before silly commenting, just to marginalize an important posts' context as it didn't serve your political agenda.

500 BILLION in PKR is around 1.1 or 1.2 Billion USD. Pakisan's budget is around 60 some Billions USD. Imagine how much a Billion USD can help MILLION of poor People in Pakistan. Don't marginalize the impact. Whether it was $ 500 (and you live in the west), you know these two idiots would be heading to the anti-terrorism jail without doubts. If in doubt, ask them to so this stunt in Canada or the US, see what happens in the first 10 minutes!

Education has nothing to do with human common sense and training. Whether kids go to school or not, they mimic their parents and do what the parents do. That's human nature. Environment (Education) helps but you'll still be what your parents were. A girl pick up after her mother (generally) and boys usually copy the father. That's how humans work. So if you don't have a clear understanding of human psychology, I suggest you read up before silly commenting, just to marginalize an important posts' context as it didn't serve your political agenda.
You took it all wrong, I thought $500 billion to be a typing mistake. You are way too uneducated for any worthy conversation, and very much edgy if not paranoid. Did you read your stupid post before posting it? my answer and yours? You probabbly have a political agenda, I do not., my post was in line with the thread, read my other posts. Human psychology is not an exact science, every human is different from any other human even the parents, biologicaly speaking the enes go up 2 generations, to the grand parents, and to the contrary of what you said , the environment plays a bigger role than the parents when these kids immerse in it. Infants mimic their parents , or teeagers with no personnalities of their own, let alone adults. So what you you advice for others who have studied and experimented with human psychology you shuld advice it to yourself, and get educated before making stupid statements. Maybe you were talking about an animal society, Iwill agree with you that all animals mimic their parents, but humans have reason above the animal instincts.
I had nothing against you, and I have appreciated your post that I have previously responded to.
But personal attaks with no bases to them, and unprovoked by any mean are not wellcomed, since the only generate personal attacks. please do not mimic your father if he is like that.

Last edited:
1) By dilinking itself from terror
2) practicing secularism
3) Improving relationship with India.
4) Self reliance.
5) Focusing on science and technology.
6) realigning itself with its cultural identity
7) By stop bagging from international community
8) Dropping China as strategic partner.
And ask the PA to stop controlling and interfering in Pakistan's foreign affairs.

Best way to become economic giant is just open your trade barriers rest we will do.

all members have expressed a lot of views but my specifics will include

terrorism ( fo reasons highlighted later ) not usual india-pak thingy

1. focus on electricity / power
without electricity none of the industrialisation, manufacturing will happen and without mfg no meaningfull trade

2. connectivity -
without connectivity nothing will much move - no trade, no raw materials movement no people / labour movement no movement of goods
so focus on roads, rails, ports, airports (low cost airlines) and water ways
if pakistan boasts of worlds largest canal networks dueto rivers has it exploited that yet as a means of transportation?

i know people will not like the terrorism thing coming with an indian flag

but just answer this 2 questions

1. why did the world stop comming to pakistan to play cricket ? has it helped or harmed pakistan, its sports and sportspersons?

2. why did a few airlines stopped flights to pakistan? what will happen if more follow suit ? will it harm or help pakistan ?

these are the basic things which will be required and based on which furthur groth can be done

Someone once told me:
Well...howelse can one go?

It is one's right to say a wrong as it is...call a spade a spade...however, they have to go to the parliament to issue somethings....as that is the way....so its not going against the constitution but showing how incapable the circus (yup the parliament has turned into a circus or zoo take your pick) is

So who is addressing this? and exactly who is working on fixing it? everyone is satisfied and actually convinced that it will evolve like the dinosaurs!

I also dont see how Shariff bros have dragged almost the whole family into politics, managed to siphon money through their wives and kids and are considered "leaders" now is that culture acceptable? Coz in all reality each parliamentarian, senator, MNA or whatnot is doing somewhat the same thing...How can one who disagrees with such behaviour accept such people?

all members have expressed a lot of views but my specifics will include

terrorism ( fo reasons highlighted later ) not usual india-pak thingy

1. focus on electricity / power
without electricity none of the industrialisation, manufacturing will happen and without mfg no meaningfull trade

2. connectivity -
without connectivity nothing will much move - no trade, no raw materials movement no people / labour movement no movement of goods
so focus on roads, rails, ports, airports (low cost airlines) and water ways
if pakistan boasts of worlds largest canal networks dueto rivers has it exploited that yet as a means of transportation?

i know people will not like the terrorism thing coming with an indian flag

but just answer this 2 questions

1. why did the world stop comming to pakistan to play cricket ? has it helped or harmed pakistan, its sports and sportspersons?

2. why did a few airlines stopped flights to pakistan? what will happen if more follow suit ? will it harm or help pakistan ?

these are the basic things which will be required and based on which furthur groth can be done

How about just one suggestion.

be nice to international visitors.

My five steps

1) Security = Stability
2) Stability = Investment both foreign and domestic
3) Investment = Jobs
4) Jobs = More money for both the state and citizens
5) More money = Ability to invest in education to increase long term productivity

My five steps

1) Security = Stability
2) Stability = Investment both foreign and domestic
3) Investment = Jobs
4) Jobs = More money for both the state and citizens
5) More money = Ability to invest in education to increase long term productivity

So what is this "security" that you mention as the first step? Please clarify what you mean by this word as you have used it.

Just like it is very difficult for India to control Hindutva goons, or Naxalites,

It is difficult to control Islamism in Pakistan.

Because in all these cases, the goons enjoy popular support.

It is not impossible. Don't take me wrong. But is not easy either.
Fauji bhai. I really wish your Islamists were just like our Hindu goons. But the problem is our Hindu goons are much much weaker than your Islamists. So they are easy to control.

I have seen wonder of good primary education with my eyes. I have seen average students transforming into extra ordinary students by virtue of good primary education. Indians are shining all over the world. If you analyze the root cause, it is primary education. The way primary and secondary education is improving there in India today, I am more than hundred percent convince that the children will shine globally. I have little doubt that No body in world will be able to compete them when they will enter into profession or Corporate or Research or any other field of their area.

If Pakistan can do single job to uplift the country, I would recommend Pakistan to build a robust Primary and secondary education system.
The mentality should be changed from the beginning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom