What's new

How Pakistan can become an economic force in the region?

Initiative mass crack down down on terrorists and their clerics and political sympathizers, get all the religious institute under 24*7 surveillance and take severe action if anyone found preaching sectarian and religious hatred, ban organization who tries to disrupt economy for something happening at far away places or some stupid movies, deport all illegal Afghans refugees and especially ones who engage even slight bit of criminal activities,stop letting middle eastern monarchs do poaching of endangered species in your country and if possible make poaching completely illegal, renovate and preserve sites of historical importance these steps will make Pakistan more tourism and Investment friendly destination
Not enough, for that still means entrepreneurs can be delegitimized by competitors or the envious accusing them of being "Zionists" or "Hindu-sympathizers" or "anti-Islamic" simply because they threw away a business card with the name "Mohammed" on it.

Q. How Pakistan can become an economic force in the region?

A. By restricting the Army's influence in political matters.

I was saying in the context of what hari prasad said to you.....
Like why you cant Gwadar port on your own.......
You need China's help for everything that was what I was trying to say....
Its a business deal they help and also use it...

No. By dropping China you will not become Economic force but you will take an important step in that direction. For Example you offer china the construction an partnership in Gwadar port. They deployed their own people and gave construction contract to their own company and took all the money back to China. You neither got money or employment but china got partnership in Gwadar. Had your government been sane, it would have gone for open tendering with specific terms and conditions. They supply you substandard LOCO and cripple your railway. They simply make money out of the Junks supplied to you. You should rather choose what is best for you rather than beliving China your Friend, Philosopher and guide.
@Chinese-Dragon what are your ideas on this?

Fair enough, it is your personal opinion and I respect that. I'll not use his references further in this thread.
Thank you

I am not going to talk about Islam or Hinduism as it can lead to flame-baiting/trolling and general degradation of the thread by zealots on both sides.

Lets take Christianity and Jainism to minimize the fallout :-).
The Roman catholic church effectively destroyed the 1st ever functioning banking system when they excommunicated and were effectively responsible for the murder of the Knights Templar in the early 1100's.
Well in all honesty those knights were going around killing under the pope! So I am not aware how the banking system failed but there was indeed alot of bloodshed and crap back then...Furthermore, mind you the Roman Catholic didnt just destroy that they even destroyed the infrastructure of a country and the pagan religion before, temples...literally everything that didnt have a cross on it...

Galileo Galilei was ostracized for his work in astronomy. It effectively stunted innovation and free thought for decades, when he was placed under house arrest for the rest of his life.
Well, yes and also others whose hypothesis and theories were flushed down the drain..
Lord Mahavir was responsible for thousands of tradesman and merchants giving up their trade and renouncing all worldly attachment and living their lives as ascetics, which resulted in the major economic stagnation of the Kalinga empire for the better half of a century.
Since I am not knowledgeable in this area I will not comment and take it on face value
A damning feature historically common to most religions worldwide, would be the oppression of women and the refusal to grant them equality in profession, trade and otherwise with the menfolk.
yes indeed many religions did that and more...
Half the population of the world, ie. the women were refused their rightful place to work and contribute to the progress of their individual societies and humanity at large until very recently. Many orthodox cultures still follow the same.
I agree to this too
Its a well documented fact that when religion supersedes free enterprise in any culture, innovation and commerce stagnates.
Is it?
Progress as you say is not forbidden in religion .... granted, but within the purview of the said religious tenets.
Really depends on the religion itself..
Any innovation. thought or notion not conforming with the same is effectively stamped out in totalitarian regimes ruled by the word of God rather than the laws of humanity and logic.

Hope I haven't offended any feelings .. if i have, I apologize in advance.

Peace out .....
No feelings were offended...

Well, let me start my brief explanation...1st you talked about destruction during the Templar knights...That is true when conquests move they destroy like a mad man....I have an acquaintance in 1 of the living circles of the Templar knights (there are a few) and he acknowledges all they did wrong in the past under the pope and now most circles are protestants and denounce the pope and try to do charity works under the protestant church....cant speak much about them but so far they have organizations to help the sick esp the leaper (yup they still adhere to their texts) and also some cancer funds.

Next you talked about how progress was halted because some concepts did not match with the religion....

Well, in the Quran it repeats over and over about the earth's creation or should i say in general about creation itself from space to the anatomy of a human and then puts in a line asking us to ponder I will give you 1 example of the verse:

"It is a Book We have sent down to you, full of blessing, so let people of intelligence ponder (liyaddabbaru) its Signs and take heed." [Saad, 38:29]

The Quran has similar verses all over esp when it comes to formation of the earth, seas and any part of creation ....the word ponder is always added so MOST of us believe that the Quran is actually asking us to use our brains and hence it is very annoying when some people just stick to what their Mullahs thought them....As for within the view of the religion....Quran goes as far as the galaxies and still asks us to ponder so I am not sure if there is a boundary....

I am aware MANY MULLAHs loath innovations...and bring forward Hadiths saying it is not allowed...I believe each of the hadith is referring to innovations in the religion not Innovations in progress...If you start saying this and that is not in Islam or this and that is in Islam that is wrong...but from pondering you innovate so I am not sure how Islam will stop progress

I am not sure If I made myself clear....I am open to always questions as long as it is not a troll

@Chinese-Dragon what are your ideas on this?

I think you can guess. :P

Anyway, China has by far the most experience in building infrastructure in the developing world.

We also have currency reserves of over $3.6 trillion, so we are the largest creditor in the world. Even America borrows money from us in the trillions.

We win contracts because with our massive currency reserves, we can afford to loan money at cheaper rates.

You can get financing from elsewhere, but they will charge you more, because they are in a worse off cash position and can't afford to loan money at such low rates.

Countries come to China for loans and contracts because we are competitive, we offer the best rates.

I think you can guess. :P

Anyway, China has by far the most experience in building infrastructure in the developing world.

We also have currency reserves of over $3.6 trillion, so we are the largest creditor in the world. Even America borrows money from us in the trillions.

We win contracts because with our massive currency reserves, we can afford to loan money at cheaper rates.

You can get financing from elsewhere, but they will charge you more, because they are in a worse off cash position and can't afford to loan money at such low rates.

Countries come to China for loans and contracts because we are competitive, we offer the best rates.
Just needed a Chinese to say it...THAT coming from a Pakistani would lead to someone having digestive problems ;)

Just needed a Chinese to say it...THAT coming from a Pakistani would lead to someone having digestive problems ;)

Well then Go in the chinese way and spend most of your GDP on arms for defense against India ;)

Well then Go in the chinese way and spend most of your GDP on arms for defense against India ;)
No matter what I say, it isnt going to influence what my govt has in mind so why bother :unsure:

I thought you are discussing ..... ok fine!
Oh in that sense? Well then it is better to loan on low interest as we know our kameeni govt will take its sweet time in paying back and in the process will pocket 50% of the loan making us take more loan and the forward feedback loop just goes on...

Oh in that sense? Well then it is better to loan on low interest as we know our kameeni govt will take its sweet time in paying back and in the process will pocket 50% of the loan making us take more loan and the forward feedback loop just goes on...

It is likely that your 50% accusation is a figure of speech a la a village mai/ lady who has NEVER seen a balance sheet of a bank.

Thus all these accusations may not be based on reality unless you have a proof.

Here is why.

-- Most of the loans are in dollars/Euros. They go straight to the State Bank and held their to pay for the international obligations.
-- Most of the corruption in Pakistan is in rupees and land acquisitions.

For the past many years, we end up getting $2 billion to $10 billion aid/ loan per year.

IN order to support your accusations,

please show us that in Pakistan someone took away $1 billion to $5 billion (per your 50% claim) without ever getting the statebank
IMF, ADB, and WB getting a hint of it.

Yes let's see some evidence that every international organization was asleep when Pakistani politicians hoodwinked them and ran away with $1 billionto $5 billion dollars/Euros.

Mind you, state bank has to maintain strict balance sheet for all the dollars/euros in its vault.

Thank you.

It is likely that your 50% accusation is a figure of speech a la a village mai/ lady who has NEVER seen a balance sheet of a bank.

Thus all these accusations may not be based on reality unless you have a proof.

Here is why.

-- Most of the loans are in dollars/Euros. They go straight to the State Bank and held their to pay for the international obligations.
-- Most of the corruption in Pakistan is in rupees and land acquisitions.

For the past many years, we end up getting $2 billion to $10 billion aid/ loan per year.

IN order to support your accusations,

please show us that in Pakistan someone took away $1 billion to $5 billion (per your 50% claim) without ever getting the statebank
IMF, ADB, and WB getting a hint of it.

Yes let's see some evidence that every international organization was asleep when Pakistani politicians hoodwinked them and ran away with $1 billionto $5 billion dollars/Euros.

Mind you, state bank has to maintain strict balance sheet for all the dollars/euros in its vault.

Thank you.

Did I wrote that I am giving statistics? It was a rounded expression to show how corrupt Pakistani govt is..If you want to deny can you tell me why we are still stuck at rock bottom?

Start acting like an intellect please or just dont bother quoting me!

Did I wrote that I am giving statistics? It was a rounded expression to show how corrupt Pakistani govt is..If you want to deny can you tell me why we are still stuck at rock bottom?

Start acting like an intellect please or just dont bother quoting me!

Fine. But avoid careless accusations then.

50% is bombastic and inaccurate nay childish statement, that a self-declared scientist (of all people) should avoid at all costs.

Thank you.

p.s. if you post, people will quote you. This is how forums operate.
my sincere advice to you is "don't come to the kitchen if you can't stand the heat".

Back
Top Bottom