What's new

How many years will it take for China to add another India's nominal GDP? 3, 4 or 5?

How many years it will take for China to add another Indian GDP?

• less than 3 years

• 3 years

• 4 years

• 5 years

• more than 5 years

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Hindu can use PPP dollars to buy more home appliances.
I don't want to hear any news that thousands of people die because they cannot afford an A/C.
View attachment 263383 View attachment 263384
Facts and figures are best to reply to trolls who can only post rhetoric.TV and PC sales especially point out the spending power of a country's average citizenry.

A) Nominal value ignores/underestimates many intangibles.
B) PPP value is a much indicator for measuring standard of living as it measures purchasing power.
C) The dodgy math is on the part of the Chinese - neither their Nominal nor PPP numbers are deemed acceptable by economists.

Don't waste your time here. They may realise when the effects of the infrastructure bubble and associated NPA% start to have a real negative impact on their economy down the line thats going to make the Japanese recession look like a walk in the picnic (given their much higher income/development + political system when it hit).

Till then they are gonna gobble up the CCCP propaganda and whatever international media backs it up. Anything that doesn't or even diminishes it in some way is plainly wrong.

Don't question the Mao philosophy!

I mean World Bank data such as household consumption:

Household final consumption expenditure per capita (constant 2005 US$) | Data | Table

clearly gives you an idea how much their infrastructure bubble is consuming.

I mean I cant see the Chinese household consuming 10 times the amount of everything that an Indian household does on the back of those World Bank figures, can you?

Sometimes I really wonder about these China trolls.

Look where cars are headed now (will the trend last?):

China Car Sales Driven Lower by Slowing Economy - WSJ

I'm sure Hindu can use PPP dollars to buy more home appliances.
I don't want to hear any news that thousands of people die because they cannot afford an A/C.
View attachment 263383 View attachment 263384

I'm not seeing 10 times like your dear comrade was claiming....and the gap will only narrow in the coming 5 - 10 years.

Facts and figures are best to reply to trolls who can only post rhetoric.TV and PC sales especially point out the spending power of a country's average citizenry.
The last time Chinese thought TV was some sort of luxury was back in 1970s-early 1980s. In late 1980s, a TV was compulsory if u wanted to get married. Somewhere on this planet, the compulsory is referred to a toilet, which quite often cannot be guaranteed.

and the gap will only narrow in the coming 5 - 10 years.
But that is what we are saying as well,the gap is ever widening.Thanks for admitting that.

The last time Chinese thought TV was some sort of luxury was back in 1970s-early 1980s. In late 1980s, a TV was compulsory if u wanted to get married. Somewhere on this planet, the compulsory is referred to a toilet, which quite often cannot be guaranteed.
True,one has to look at what type of sales are done.In India old CRTs are still the norm for 'middle class families' whereas most of the world has left that a decade or two back

But that is what we are saying as well,the gap is ever widening.Thanks for admitting that.

True,one has to look at what type of sales are done.In India old CRTs are still the norm for 'middle class families' whereas most of the world has left that a decade or two back
What's CRTs?
Their standards of middle class is too low.

Quoted from Allianz report 2015
The development cannot, however, be described as an evenly distributed one, because the momentum is concentrated primarily in only one region, or actually in only one country: China. Around two-thirds of the global wealth middle class are now recruited from Asia - and 85% of them hail from China. The Asian population that falls into the middle class bracket in global terms has increased almost tenfold since the start of the millennium. Developments in other regions are lagging behind this spectacular growth. It is particularly striking that the middle class in the other two emerging regions, Latin America and eastern Europe, is growing at a much more subdued rate. Although current growth problems are certainly a factor, especially in the most 47 populous countries in these two regions, Brazil and Russia, the fact that these countries lag so far behind is testimony to the massive amount of catch-up work they need to do. Whereas in 2000, the percentage of the population that was considered to be middle-class in Asia was still much lower than in eastern Europe and Latin America, it is now almost twice as high as in these two regions at 20% - despite the fact that India, the second biggest country in Asia, is still light-years away from exploiting its potential in full. And finally, a word on the growth of the wealth middle class in western Europe and North America: along-side population growth, which mainly applies to the US, the growth seen here is attributable exclusively to households being demoted from the ”high wealth” segment, meaning that it is much more a sign of ”fallout” from the major financial crisis than reason to celebrate.
屏幕快照 2015-10-05 14.15.51.png

Last edited:
You know old Cathode Ray Tube TVs.Those bulky things which reminds one of the nostalgic 90s
OMG, that's their middle class, even peasants in the countryside of China can afford Haier's big-screen TV.
My father's relatives in the countryside have access to digital TV signals, they have a set-top box in every family.

:lol: Chinese and their self aggrandizement. I am sure, most of the Chinese are on payroll of CPC to spread propaganda about China on the net. As Chinese economy is on decline, I see more and more propaganda.

As a senior member of PDF, your misunderstanding of your opponent is beyond repair. It is just like saying all Indian Internet warriors on PDF are on Modi's payroll. I hope you are just joking.

OMG, that's their middle class, even peasants in the countryside of China can afford Haier's big-screen TV.
My father's relatives in the countryside have access to digital TV signals, they have a set-top box in every family.
Welcome to South asian supa powa.

As a senior member of PDF, your misunderstanding of your opponent is beyond repair. It is just like saying all Indian Internet warriors on PDF are on Modi's payroll. I hope you are just joking.

But the sad part is the Indians actually believe they are ahead of China and is already a superpower.

There is delusion, then there is Indian-style delusion which is delusion multiplied by 100000000.

It's hard to believe there are humans living in the same planet as us that are THAT delusional and brainwashed.

Amazing I know!

But the sad part is the Indians actually believe they are ahead of China and is already a superpower.

There is delusion, then there is Indian-style delusion which is delusion multiplied by 100000000.

It's hard to believe there are humans living in the same planet as us that are THAT delusional and brainwashed.

Amazing I know!
We'll see in 2012.

If they really care that much about PPP, pls help us brag about China being No.1 of PPP.

PPP is like the standing hair on those small animals when they are scared. They just need to appear bigger than they are.

I read on BBC or Guardian a few years back, Daily income of $2-$4 were considered entry level middle class in India (which make up majority of Indian middle class that time). Is it still the standard?

PPP is like the standing hair on those small animals when they are scared. They just need to appear bigger than they are.

I read on BBC or Guardian a few years back, Daily income of $2-$4 were considered entry level middle class in India (which make up majority of Indian middle class that time). Is it still the standard?

India now considers $1 daily income as middle class so India can have bigger middle class than China :lol:

I don't have figures that are the latest but the income tax starts at $4500-5000 dollars annual for a family.That is the income group that pays taxes and is considered as mid of the middle class.Those below are seen as lower middle class.Factor in average family sizes of 4-6 and you get anywhere between 2.5-4 dollars per day to be considered comfortably middle class.

97% of India doesn't pay income taxes- another tid bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom