What's new

How ‘Islamist’ is the AKP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the west is worried or wary over AKP govt. The truth is, Turkiye is no more 'Islamist' today then it was years ago.

due to economic opportunities, many pro-AKP and more conservative people from eastern regions migrated to Istanbul and other settled cities

it's a demographics change; not a change in political ideologies I dont think

yes by force.:lol: actually i dont want to be in military too but i have to.and if i want to be in high places in the army,they dont give permission,my mother wears headscarf so i am a danger for my country.:disagree:

Showed now his true nurcu face.

Beyler!!!!

stop the fighting don't let things get out of hand.......I think enough of this PKK or other type discussions. Let's get back on the subject.

p.s. by the way what is ''nurcu''

Having lived in Turkiye, the Islamists I see still wear suits, are well educated, and well kempt.......

being Islamist is not determined by the length of your beard.......I respect Turkiye because the religious scholars are obligated to enroll in the Imam Hatip programs which educate them on Islamic and ''secular'' studies

AKP is indeed an Islamist party......but they are real Islamists which more and more Muslim countries need. The ones who can balance Islamic ideals while maintaning a secular republic and being ultra business-friendly and savvy.

Wearing suits and having beards is not the discussion here.. The discussion is whether the AKP is implementing Islam or not... There is a simple yes and no answer to a question like this...

I hope to God and pray that I do not require to start a discussion what would make someone an Islamist... It seems we are all running around in circles here... :hitwall:

and please... One cannot be an Islamist and Secular at the same time...

the west is worried or wary over AKP govt. The truth is, Turkiye is no more 'Islamist' today then it was years ago.

due to economic opportunities, many pro-AKP and more conservative people from eastern regions migrated to Istanbul and other settled cities

it's a demographics change; not a change in political ideologies I dont think

There is revival happening in Turkey with its roots based in Islam... So much so that the majority is now labelled conservative whereas a couple of decades ago it would be the other way around...

Also... AKP is primarily working for American goals... the rest of the west is obviously upset at that...

Wearing suits and having beards is not the discussion here.. The discussion is whether the AKP is implementing Islam or not... There is a simple yes and no answer to a question like this...

I hope to God and pray that I do not require to start a discussion what would make someone an Islamist... It seems we are all running around in circles here... :hitwall:

from now on,muhammed bin qasim will decide who is islamist or not.please make your applications to him.thank you:lol:

Wearing suits and having beards is not the discussion here.. The discussion is whether the AKP is implementing Islam or not... There is a simple yes and no answer to a question like this..

is there some kind of numerical system or scale from 1 to 10????

provide a rubric, Mr. Bin Qasim!

but you can give people a choice and let them decide whether they WANT to be Islamist

what I dont believe in is having religion shoved down your throat

it should come from within........and on one's own will.

AKP is a ''secular-friendly'' Islamist party. Does that suffice for you?

Beyler!!!!

stop the fighting don't let things get out of hand.......I think enough of this PKK or other type discussions. Let's get back on the subject.

p.s. by the way what is ''nurcu''

nurcu (singular)

nurcular (plural)

They are islamic group. They have wide support in Turkey and also have close relationship with current Turkish government AKP.

Their leader is fetullah gulen. Have millions of supporters. Also millions of haters in turkey.

I am not nurcu but I am ok with them.

Fethullah Gülen's Web Site - Introducing Fethullah Gülen

Fetullah Gulen I seem him as a respectable figure......Based on what I know about him, he's said and done many things I could agree with. The whole thing about encouraging women to veil themselves would not work in Turkiye, especially among the secularists and/or the elite classes. Even AKP does not IMPOSE such regulations on the women.

this is a sensitive issue...

what about Dr. Necmettin Erbakan and the Saadet Party

I am not nurcu but I am ok with them.

I'm a self-proclaimed Fenerbahceci! :woot::woot:

Fetullah Gulen I seem him as a respectable figure......Based on what I know about him, he's said and done many things I could agree with. The whole thing about encouraging women to veil themselves would not work in Turkiye, especially among the secularists and/or the elite classes. Even AKP does not IMPOSE such regulations on the women.

this is a sensitive issue...

what about Dr. Necmettin Erbakan and the Saadet Party

I'm a self-proclaimed Fenerbahceci! :woot::woot:

I dont like him and his partry. There are to many things to talk about his party and him. Even most of islamists dont like him. I think he lost himself in conspiracy theories.

His vote potential between 1% - 3%

Why some guys dont use their brains and dont ask himself what he is doing in America? I mean America is the biggest enemy of islam but somehow gulen can stay there and get money support.

I placing facts that akp has relationship with c.f.r but people dont know even what c.f.r means and starting to attack me that i lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom