What's new

How India’s New Russian Air Defence System Will Force Adversaries To Change Tactics

It is you who is getting excited for no reason. At 5.5 billion for five systems, no missile TOT which means missiles will come from Russia, adding more to the price, with twice the training cost, the S400 deal, if it ever happened, will beat the infamous tank ammo deal far behind.

Eventually, if the system ever came to India, it will cost somewhere around $6.5-7 billion. Now, does india have that much money to spend on a SAM system?

Nope.

You guys are still buying shells, Invar and Mango at 400% price from Russia.

Yaar I will sell them mangos from my garden at 300% .... whatever the price I will beat it. Come one India buy from your neighbour. We will even use the same truck you use for tejas transportation

Terrain hugging cruise missiles are best counter for any SAM including S-400

You do know S-400 is especially effective against cruise missiles plus India will have tiered SAM system S-400 is just one of the system . India will also have Land based Indo-Israeli Barak-8 which has been tested against sea skimming super sonic anti ship cruise missiles like Brahmos .

Barak-8
71186830100979640360no.jpg

Yaar I will sell them mangos from my garden at 300% .... whatever the price I will beat it. Come one India buy from your neighbour. We will even use the same truck you use for tejas transportation

he9RI.jpg

It is you who is getting excited for no reason. At 5.5 billion for five systems, no missile TOT which means missiles will come from Russia, adding more to the price, with twice the training cost, the S400 deal, if it ever happened, will beat the infamous tank ammo deal far behind.

Eventually, if the system ever came to India, it will cost somewhere around $6.5-7 billion. Now, does india have that much money to spend on a SAM system?

Nope.

No other country has asked Russia for a ToT. All others receive the missile from Russia itself.
So you decided we don't have the money for that all by yourself?
It's quite rich coming from a Pakistani given that your defence budget is peanuts compared to ours.

Currently negotiations are taking place on reducing the training costs.
We do not buy shells from Russia. we did do that when there was an intermediate shortage in the past. But not anymore.

You do know S-400 is especially effective against cruise missiles plus India will have tiered SAM system S-400 is just one of the system . India will also have Land based Indo-Israeli Barak-8 which has been tested against sea skimming super sonic anti ship cruise missiles like Brahmos .

Barak-8
71186830100979640360no.jpg

There is a world of difference between killing an incoming threat under controlled conditions vs real life. Do some research on it.

No other country has asked Russia for a ToT. All others receive the missile from Russia itself.
So you decided we don't have the money for that all by yourself?
It's quite rich coming from a Pakistani given that your defence budget is peanuts compared to ours.

Currently negotiations are taking place on reducing the training costs.
We do not buy shells from Russia. we did do that when there was an intermediate shortage in the past. But not anymore.

Nope, the Rafale saga is enough of a hint to understand.

There is a world of difference between killing an incoming threat under controlled conditions vs real life. Do some research on it.

Nope, the Rafale saga is enough of a hint to understand.
Lol so do you really think that a weapon systems developed to do a specific task and tested successfully for it will not be able to do it in real life?
Nice joke.

Rafale deal is signed and even more are coming in the future what is your point?

S-400 already getting enough experience in Syria . It will be building a library of signatures RCS data , tracking in Syria tracking various aircrafts and missiles and cruise missiles which to fire and which to avoid (Like Israeli aircraft ).
And we are confident upon Barak-8 SAM . Probably among the bestMR SAM in the market . Too bad many country can't buy it due to Indo-Israeli system.

S-400 already getting enough experience in Syria . It will be building a library of signatures RCS data , tracking in Syria tracking various aircrafts and missiles and cruise missiles which to fire and which to avoid (Like Israeli aircraft ).
And we are confident upon Barak-8 SAM . Probably among the bestMR SAM in the market . Too bad many country can't buy it due to Indo-Israeli system.

So, what types of missiles it has S400 added to its library so far and what are the chances for Russians to share those updated threat libraries with India, IF the S400 ever came to India?

As for your Barak 8, its effectiveness is still not known so better not indulge into false chest thumping.

India will have a tiered system in her western border

S-400 range-400 kms tracking range-600 +kms
20120529095919918.jpg

Barak 8 Tracking range-200+ kms Range - 70-150 kms
635-iai-barak-pic-1.jpg

Spyder Range-30 kms
thediplomat.com-450px-spyder_missile_system-386x515.jpg

Last edited:

Nope.

concentrated attack with cheaper missles will exhust their stock within days

So, what types of missiles it has S400 added to its library so far and what are the chances for Russians to share those updated threat libraries with India, IF the S400 ever came to India?

We will get all the missiles it has all 7 of them plus I was talking of building up of a library of radar and RCS signatures in its RADAR memory for future use not missiles.

As for your Barak 8, its effectiveness is still not known so better not indulge into false chest thumping.

Barak-8 has been tested upon a electronic target mimicing Brahmos system a supersonic missile of 800 kms range .
No Chest thumping over here , just presenting the facts here .

concentrated attack with cheaper missles will exhust their stock within days

You do know the Radars of these systems can perform identification of the targeting system . It uses heuristics and has a large library of Radar and RCS signatures to discriminate between missiles and aircrafts otherwise it might end up shooting IAF aircrafts too along with PAF aircrafts.

has the s-300 (and 400) ever shot down a plane?
Russia , China , India and turkey are buying . I rest my case . Russia created this S-400 to protect itself from US airforce the best and technologically the most advanced and powerful airforce in the world. So I think we should believe the hype of S-400.

A posse of F-16 jet fighters takes off from the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) base in Sargodha. Approximately 300 km east, at the Adampur air force base, an Indian S-400 system picks up these aircraft instantly. The radar lock unnerves the F-16 pilots and they peel further west – away from the battery’s range. While taking evasive action the PAF jets have to be careful not to stray into Afghanistan – which is increasingly hostile towards Islamabad – or Iran. The Pakistani pilots, however, realise trespass is the least of their problems. As the F-16s arrive over Balochistan – the furthest they can get away from the Indian border – they are tracked by another S-400 battery stationed near the Jodhpur air force base 527 km away.The S-400 systems are routinely scanning the airspace around them in a 360 degree sweep, but the PAF pilots are on the verge of panic. Between the overlapping coverage by India’s multiple S-400 battalions stationed along the border, PAF aircraft can run but not hide. This is the fishbowl effect – the feeling of being observed from all sides.”

Then One of the Indian comes out flying on hang :crazy_pilot:glider and takes :sniper:out all of PAF without getting even a scratch on a new Paint job:enjoy:. The End, wait wait, wait: I almost forgot before he crosses the border in his glider he sings a song:dance3:

You do know the Radars of these systems can perform identification of the targeting system . It uses heuristics and has a large library of Radar and RCS signatures to discriminate between missiles and aircrafts otherwise it might end up shooting IAF aircrafts too along with PAF aircrafts.
i am not talking about dummies. for one single threat ,successful interception will require 2-3 s400 interceptor. to neutralise swarm of 4 to 5 missiles you will need 10 to 15 interceptor.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom