What's new

How good the Mig-29 UPG/SMT against the F-16 Blk 50/52+ ??

One very simple example which has already been quoted here...

In Kargil war, PAF was kept at bay by IAF... They tried to flutter their wings a bit in a Toy named F16 for a while... They got a jolt of their life when locked by MiG 29... Cant say more in Indo Pak senario...
Some members may counter by saying that PAF F16 got MLU and BVR capability which was not available at that time... But IAF MiG 29 have came a long from then with latest tech as well..

I would say when both aircraft engage in near future (I pray to god for avoidance of this), the situation role, support by force multipliers would come in to pics...
One thing for my Pakistanifriends, Migs are not junk, otherwise you and your ally (best ally) would not be using its copies J6 J7 and engines identical to these platforms...
F16 is darling plane, but MiG 29 is also a beast... Luck factor will also come in to play...
Atleast the brases in IAF are not :crazy: to invest heavily in this flatform... Or god bless us, coz members on this forum are more talented than our Airforce men:hang2:....

There are numbers of non Indian MIG 29 VS F 16 compression article links are posted on the thread. You can read it if you are serious in educating yourself.

All things are not publicized by any air force what they have purchased, IAF & PAF mostly bought customized versions of planes and they will not tell anyone what is in their plane acutally. Selling companies mostly advertise standard configuration so they can sell more and purchasing Air Forces mostly back their claim. :-)

1. A-Darter with JHMCS in F-16?
2. 180 degree? seriously?

PAF have these and it can be fired from JHMCS and with this F-16s are now able to engage plane behind them. Primarily they are purchased for JF-17s but they are compatible with F-16s too and now Pakistan may start producing them and one western BVR missile more advance than any AMRAAM C series will be produced locally too.

Last edited:
All things are not publicized by any air force what they have purchased, IAF & PAF mostly bought customized versions of planes and they will not tell anyone what is in their plane acutally. Selling companies mostly advertise standard configuration so they can sell more and purchasing Air Forces mostly back their claim. :-)

PAF have these and it can be fired from JHMCS and with this F-16s are now able to engage plane behind them. Primarily they are purchased for JF-17s but they are compatible with F-16s too and now Pakistan may start producing them and one western BVR missile more advance than any AMRAAM C series will be produced locally too.

That make very dangerous situation for any IAF jet even try to tail PAF F-16! God help IAF!!

That make very dangerous situation for any IAF jet even try to tail PAF F-16! God help IAF!!

It will be interesting because JF-17s will also use it with HMS and they will be used as point defense against incoming strike package, PAF have devised tactics to make sure that they can defuse the edge of MKIs huge BVR arsenal and they will like to fight them in WVR battle over Pakistani Skies where they have more options available to them to take care of them.

I think that the most Impressive part is RADAR.

IAF evaluated both the plane F16 and F18 and reported that these planes have No future. You can not complaint too much as these planes are too old to be too good in current time of 4.5 and 5th generation plane.

Hahaha. ... yeah .. they are old yet they are world most exported/successfulllll jets .. with several A2A kills... and they have no future? lol.. yeah because they didnt offer india key techs under ToT..!

It is funny to see some posters try to boast what USAF/IsAF F-16s achieved as if it was achieved by PAF. PAFs F-16s are most inferior as compared to USAF and IsAF F-16s whereas IAF Mig-29UPG is one of the most advanced Mig-29 in the world. Be it electronics, weapons on communications package. Since we are discussing non-US/IsAF/NATO F-16s, Mig-29UPG had clear upper hand.

Lmao... inferior how? i see @Manticore @Aeronaut posted the EW suite etc used on those jets etc... there is a reason why they are called F-16 Block 52+ ...

As for kills achieved by PAF F-16s... better ask ur russian frnds.. specially their former Vice President Ruskoi Alexander Valadimirovich... or other mig pilots shot down by Viper drivers...

Peace.

It will be interesting because JF-17s will also use it with HMS and they will be used as point defense against incoming strike package, PAF have devised tactics to make sure that they can defuse the edge of MKIs huge BVR arsenal and they will like to fight them in WVR battle over Pakistani Skies where they have more options available to them to take care of them.

You miss the sarcasm!

Go to the below link, there is a video of IRIS-T's seeker head video, watch it and tell me how it can lock on at 180 degree?

Infrared homing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You miss the sarcasm!
Go to the below link, there is a video of IRIS-T's seeker head video, watch it and tell me how it can lock on at 180 degree?
Infrared homing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

read this:

A-Darter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the missile can also be launched in lock on after launch mode while cued by HMS and it can engage targets at 180 degrees and manufacturers are not stupid that they advertise that and air forces will not buy it.

read this:

A-Darter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the missile can also be launched in lock on after launch mode while cued by HMS and it can engage targets at 180 degrees and manufacturers are not stupid that they advertise that and air forces will not buy it.

You need a seeker behind the missile then!

You can launch a missile with out a lock, but sooner or later you need to 'look' at your target so that the missile can 'lock on'. The degree is calculated from Jet's nose.

If you guys cant play it nice, vs threads will be banned again in aviation category

You need a seeker behind the missile then!
You can launch a missile with out a lock, but sooner or later you need to 'look' at your target so that the missile can 'lock on'. The degree is calculated from Jet's nose.

Here is how HMS/JHCMS works:

Helmet-mounted display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
JHMCS: Fighter Pilots’ “Look & Shoot” Helmets Changing Aerial Warfare
TVC -vs- JHMCS ?

We already know the capability of F16. Block 70 was evaluated for close to a year by the IAF, Singapore block 52's have been stored at an Indian base since many years and we have gone against F16's in many excercises.

PAF operate block 50/52+ but in real they are tailor made as per PAF requirements, PAF took time to decide what to have in these new/MLUed birds. So they may be similar in looks but not same. PAF had Block-70+ version on offer but PAF official in some interview said that we can not afford it so they go for customized block 50/52+ models.

Last edited:

TVC -vs- JHMCS ?

PAF operate block 50/52+ but in real they are tailor made as per PAF requirements, PAF took time to decide what to have in these new/MLUed birds. So they may be similar in looks but not same. PAF had Block-70+ version on offer but PAF official in some interview said that we can not afford it so they go for customized block 50/52+ models.

ok, I do not want to disappoint you then. Thats only I can do now.

All hail to Mighty IAF 29 and even Russian 29 is inferior to that and only UFO can able to beat them but they are inferior to Might SU30 MKI super. So IAF wins. :close_tema::crazy_pilot::suicide: CASE:closed:

ok, I do not want to disappoint you then. Thats only I can do now.

I can't explain or discuss every thing but what I know that Pakistan have many surprises for India if (god forbid) war break out. Pakistan have been working hard to silently get advance tech from all means. :azn:

TVC -vs- JHMCS ?

@Basel, thats not true at all.

The block 70 was exclusive for MMRCA and only meant for it and not offered to anybody.

Anyways, I am not contesting it, what I am contesting is that you have surprises by way of F16. We have studied the best F16 out there for over a year and we know the plane in and out. So PAF does not have any possible secrets in store vis a vis because we already know them all.

for those who think PAF F-16s cant have AESA in coming future, some US companies are pitching these systems as upgrade to current F-16.

SINGAPORE: Lockheed Martin announces F-16V development
Scalable Agile Beam Radar (SABR) for the F-16
Raytheon Breaks Into F-16 Radar Upgrade Market | Aviation International News

Utter rubish,Pakistan producing a western BVR missile locally!And who's gonna provide the money?Gimme a break.

Money is not always problem for Pakistan and its development started in Mush's time, PAF had access to R-77s, R-73, R-27s too.

R-Darter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Off Topic: Pakistan have vast resources of Gold, Silver & Bronze and other stuff, we can allow access to Companies in return for Money and tech.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom