What's new

How good are Iranian anti tank teams and what made them employ such strategies?

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
What do people think? We know that Iran trains Hezbollah fighters in Lebanon and Hamas and PIJ fighters in Gaza with Kornet missile use, IEDs and other tactics.

Israel admitted they faced fierce anti tank warfare in the Lebanon war in 2006, not destruction of merkava's but very effective in disabling them and forcing Israeli forces to rearrange and fall back.

In Gaza only in the recent few years have they been trained and it really hasn't been put to test but has been used against a merkava and Israeli armory.

I will post a link to an instance where it was used against an merkava and following that israel devolved what they call a trophy system for their tanks.

Gaza anti-tank missile penetrated IDF tank, Ashkenazi reveals Israel News | Haaretz

Nevertheless, people claim that they get very good training from Iran. I want to know how Iran reached this point and what made them emphasize anti tank warfare so much? Was it after the war with Iraq? And they revised much of their military strategy I see. But, let's focus just on this for now.

you should post me some info Iranian armour on their latest zulfiqar tank.I am interested to know.

you should post me some info Iranian armour on their latest zulfiqar tank.I am interested to know.

I'm not knowledgable about their tanks, I'm speaking of their anti tank warfare. Tactics and strategies used against tanks of an invading force.

I see the saeqah 2 which is available in Gaza I'll try to get a picture of it.

It's this right??

13556470217.jpg

Last edited:
What do people think? We know that Iran trains Hezbollah fighters in Lebanon and Hamas and PIJ fighters in Gaza with Kornet missile use, IEDs and other tactics.

Israel admitted they faced fierce anti tank warfare in the Lebanon war in 2006, not destruction of merkava's but very effective in disabling them and forcing Israeli forces to rearrange and fall back.

In Gaza only in the recent few years have they been trained and it really hasn't been put to test but has been used against a merkava and Israeli armory.

I will post a link to an instance where it was used against an merkava and following that israel devolved what they call a trophy system for their tanks.

Gaza anti-tank missile penetrated IDF tank, Ashkenazi reveals Israel News | Haaretz

Nevertheless, people claim that they get very good training from Iran. I want to know how Iran reached this point and what made them emphasize anti tank warfare so much? Was it after the war with Iraq? And they revised much of their military strategy I see. But, let's focus just on this for now.

Well the Zionists initially relied on the air power, during 2006 conflict. But their sustained bombing campaign did not significantly damage Hezbollah's core capabilities. Hezbollah dug deep and bunkered up very well.
That is why "Israel" had to invade at the end. One of the most costly and humiliating mistakes they did during that conflict :)

Last edited:
How does it work?

Actually, I'm not sure the one they have is Iranian it may be Russian.

The one with the Palestinian resistance fighters is a variant of the Soviet 9K11 Malyutka (NATO reporting name AT-3 Sagger).

9K11 Malyutka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its widely available due to its age and simplicity. It's been reverse engineered by nearly every (major) military that's used it and all produce different (yet similar variants). It's only effective against the previous generation of armor, however, it is still effective against APC's, soft skinned vehicles, and light structures (brick walled buildings). Its largely a defensive weapon as the operator has to remain stationary behind the missile (preferably in a fortified positioned) in order to guide it to its target. It can also be placed on vehicles.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom