What's new

How can Pakistan counter India’s ABM system?

True but not smart warhead.

I think india should buy some. I am sure our enemy will be scarred.

I think that shaurya has same features.

There is no reason to buy Iskander when we already have the shaurya .

There is no reason to buy Iskander when we already have the shaurya .

Yes,

Now India has master the art of maneuvering the warhead before it reach target. Even our oldest prithvi are now tested for terminal maneuvers before it bangs on target. Brahmos have broken all the records of maneuvers. Shaurya and Whole K series are well known for their terminal maneuvers in last phase. Certainly even best BMD will find it very hard to intercept these missiles.

Now even complex multi target missiles are on the card. We should master the art of maneuvering the Planes also to make them highly agile.

Yes,

Now India has master the art of maneuvering the warhead before it reach target. Even our oldest prithvi are now tested for terminal maneuvers before it bangs on target. Brahmos have broken all the records of maneuvers. Shaurya and Whole K series are well known for their terminal maneuvers in last phase. Certainly even best BMD will find it very hard to intercept these missiles.

Now even complex multi target missiles are on the card. We should master the art of maneuvering the Planes also to make them highly agile.

Unless the BMD is using tactical nuclear warheads ,yes I would partly agree with you. I think though S-400 and S-500 might have capabilities we don't know about.

Put a tactical nuclear warhead(100 ton-5kt TNT equivalent) on that SAM ,then see .It will be a lot more effective than you think.

:rolleyes:

This is stupid at so many levels that it's not worth replying to..

hone ko tho kuch bhi ho saktha hai - 2 -3 suicide bombers ucchaal do aur incoming warhead ke saamne button press kar ke phat jayenge.

Unless the BMD is using tactical nuclear warheads ,yes I would partly agree with you. I think though S-400 and S-500 might have capabilities we don't know about.

I do not think that S 400 can intercept Brahmos or K series but S500 can. We have to watch and wait till S 500 arrives.

I think S-400 can .Its got a lot of capability.But there were reports that Russian military intercepted the Chelyabinsk meteor whose speed was 30 km/s or 108,000 km/h ,though EMERCOM started denying it later and there was some sort of cover up with some russian scientists claiming that aliens shot down meteor.

S 400 may be a very capable system but these missiles flays at a very low altitude and change direction very frequently.

If they were pure ballistic missiles, S400 can certainly intercept. My two cent.

S 400 may be a very capable system but these missiles flays at a very low altitude at and change direction very frequently.
If they were pure ballistic missiles, S400 can certainly intercept.

yaar ,you never know. S-400 is capable of going hypersonic at extremely low altitudes also ,if some of the data is right.And if russians can intercept and destroy a 30 km/second or 108,000 km/h meteor ,then destroying supersonic cruise missiles is not much for them. Chelyabinsk city is very near to the Chelyabinsk-40/70 (underground nuclear city) and the massive russian yamantau mountain deep earth underground city of the Russian military.

yaar ,you never know. S-400 is capable of going hypersonic at extremely low altitudes also ,if some of the data is right.And if russians can intercept and destroy a 30 km/second or 108,000 km/h meteor ,then destroying supersonic cruise missiles is not much for them. Chelyabinsk city is very near to the Chelyabinsk-40/70 (underground nuclear city) and the massive russian yamantau mountain deep earth underground city of the Russian military.

Ok,

I thought it may be equivalent to Arrow II may not be able to intercept Hypersonic and supersonic low flying missiles. But if it can, Good for us.
I heard that we have buy some S 400 in 2007.

Read what you posted dumbf@ck and what I was replying to.

1. You think Pakistan has those tactical nukes, and 2. You are mixing up on SAM's and ABM's - you think Pakistan has ABM systems?

As I said ABM is a whole system,

As for using SAM's against incoming BM's - logically speaking even a well targeted huge rock can take down a BM - but then the probability of that happening is a billion or more to one hence non practical.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...nter-india-s-abm-system-42.html#ixzz2h856LwqX

This was your post. As stated by me ,dual use

1. You think Pakistan has those tactical nukes, and 2. You are mixing up on SAM's and ABM's - you think Pakistan has ABM systems?

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...nter-india-s-abm-system-43.html#ixzz2h85TT0aP

I was not refering to pakistan but to your post on SAM's vs BM

If you were careful to read you would realise that russians modified their SAM's and ABM's with tactical nukes to effectively intercept BM's like Samuel Cohen advocated since the 60's.Cheap and highly effective .

But I guess some people lack civil sense .

Ok,

I thought it may be equivalent to Arrow II may not be able to intercept Hypersonic and supersonic low flying missiles. But if it can, Good for us.
I heard that we have buy some S 400 in 2007.

Do you know what is the terminal phase speed of the Trident SLBM?

This was your post. As stated by me ,dual use

I was not refering to pakistan but to your post on SAM's vs BM

If you were careful to read you would realise that russians modified their SAM's and ABM's with tactical nukes to effectively intercept BM's like Samuel Cohen advocated since the 60's.Cheap and highly effective .

But I guess some people lack civil sense .

Re read my post again - I said anything's possible - one can throw a huge rock at an incoming BM warhead too but it depends on the probability of it intercepting it.- it would depend on how many countries truly have tactical nukes and have mated it to their local area SAMs and the possibility of someone detonating one over their own territory to intercept a BM warhead. Now report this post too...******

Re read my post again - I said anything's possible - one can throw a huge rock at an incoming BM warhead too but it depends on the probability of it intercepting it.- it would depend on how many countries truly have tactical nukes and have mated it to their local area SAMs and the possibility of someone detonating one over their own territory to intercept a BM warhead. Now report this post too...******

Yes for an high altitude interception. Read what nuclear scientists like Samuel Cohen,Edward Teller have to say on this.Much more effective .And you were discussing on SAM to intercept BM's.

Do not compare Quasi ballistic and pure Ballistic missile.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4850862#ixzz2h8AlYUEf

Even for quasi ballistic ,ABM/SAM nuclear missile would generate nuclear blast force and the X-ray output generated would destroy the incoming quasi ballistic missile or damage it to be rendered ineffective.So you do not need pin point accuracy like the KKV missile nonsense which is a big failure.

I think India should implement something like this for ABM system.Could effectively help against Chinese ICBMs

Mach 32.

Put a tactical nuclear warhead(100 ton-5kt TNT equivalent) on that SAM ,then see .It will be a lot more effective than you think.

Effective against whom, if i may ask? In my opinion, that'll only save your foes their nukes :/

The fact is, as most military guys know, that nukes are triggered in the air (and not on ground) for maximum effect. I doubt any country would use a 'nuke SAM' simply because it kills the purpose of the SAM. Even if the SAM doesn't do much material damage on the ground, at least it'll spread radioactive particles over own country. So neither India, nor Pakistan would go for that option.

1.MIRVs
2. Stealthy terrain hugging cruise missles thats what we need!

Back
Top Bottom