What's new

How can Pakistan counter India’s ABM system?

Talking about tall claims again, where is the footage of the interceptor destroying the target in a high altitude terminal stage?
What am i supposed to learn about Indian ABM from "launch pictures"?

@Oldman1 I was talking about India not the US.

The US ABM defense system is not fully operational yet, the US forces rely on Patriots,THAAD and Ageis destroyer. I believe it will happen in, time. For India, a country that still imports assault rifles and pistols, that doesn't have a domestic R&D SAM not even an indigenous MANPAD, claiming to already have a two stage ABM is just ludicrous. Most of their newswire is meant for propaganda and public consumption. The fact is that we have no concrete evidence of India's proven ability to intercept fighter jets by its own technology using SAMs, let along Ballistic missiles.

Yea, that makes you feel good doesn't it...one of a kind failed test of old liquid fuel ghauri. That still doesn't explain any of my points.

Who is talking about "effectiveness", i am talking about "availability".

I only see speculations in your comments and also you trying to belittle American progress in missile defence system to the level to strengthen your speculations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking about tall claims again, where is the footage of the interceptor destroying the target in a high altitude terminal stage?

That they arent CGIs..I have also posted the history of testing..from 2006 to 2012

just for you

You have an atom bomb in 1987 without a test. Was it too a tall claim before 1998. Infact, instead of laughing at India, all of your defence programs are assisted by China, not even a single case where Pakistanis did it themselves, we are not in the same page. Even Chinese fulfill their technological needs from Russia, now they are buying Sukhoi-35 from Russia.

India cannot manufacture MANPADs (though we can manufacture a SAM like Akash) so our BMD is not going to work!!:hang2:

Your video says, that it has a maximum range of 2000kms. ..... just epic !

Interception video from 23rd Nov 2012 test.

Same interception seen through infrared camera.

^

* India still IMPORTS small arms. Most of what you have shown is Russian clones, not Indian R&D and they are so cheap that Indian army won't have them.

* Even N.Korea can launch long range missiles, Iran can launch space rockets...that is no big deal.

* We are talking about "missile interceptors" not "ballistic missiles."...which you don't have.

Stick to the topic and stop bringing Pakistan in, no one is discussing Pakistan.

Kya Mod , aap bhi????

US missile defense is based on kinetic kill (@Gambit will confirm it). The Failure in USA term means..
a) the killer missile has not hit the center of target.
b) If the missile Hits top or bottom of target it is considered failure.

There was a famous picture on this topic..

Indian system is based on proximity kill, our definition of success is "Killer missile blast off in close proximity of target"

Successful Kinetic kill
ferencz2.jpg

Kya Mod , aap bhi????

US missile defense is based on kinetic kill (@Gambit will confirm it). The Failure in USA term means..
a) the killer missile has not hit the center of target.
b) If the missile Hits top or bottom of target it is considered failure.

There was a famous picture on this topic..

Indian system is based on proximity kill, our definition of success is "Killer missile blast off in close proximity of target"

Successful Kinetic kill
ferencz2.jpg

To add to that - Indian ABM uses Gimballed Directional Warheads to increase proximity kill probability.

And defeating Indian or any ABM system is very easy - lanch more missiles than there are ABMs.

From Tom Clancy's excellent Red Strom Rising -

Aegis was state of the art, the best SAM system yet devised, but it had one major weakness: missile cruiser USS Ticonderoga carried only ninety-six SM-2 surface-to-air missiles; there were one hundred forty incoming AS-6 Kingfish. The computer had not been programmed to think about that.

@ares I don't see the altitude in your video.

@ares I don't see the altitude in your video.

That was an AAD interception. Typical AAD interception takes place in lower stratosphere b/w 15-30 Km height from sea level.
This particular interception took place, at an altitude of 15 Kms.

"At around 12.52 hours, the interceptor hit the target missile successfully at an altitude of about 15 kilometres," DRDO spokesman Ravi Kumar Gupta told PTI.

India successfully test fires supersonic interceptor missile | NDTV.com

As far as not being able to see the missile altitude in the video, isn't that obvious?

Hypersonic technology is a virtual overkill. In India-Pakistan terms it wont make much of a difference in time as the distance is already very less. however it would damage the deterrence stability of the region by either side having to make their nukes on an assertive control.

Your video says, that it has a maximum range of 2000kms. ..... just epic !

that means they can destroy our missiles and planes just after they take off ? :what:
i dont think any of pak air base or missile spot will be far than 2000km !!

that means they can destroy our missiles and planes just after they take off ? :what:
i dont think any of pak air base or missile spot will be far than 2000km !!

The range here does not mean what you think it means..

It means that the ABM system can detect missiles and intercept missiles which have a target range of around 2000 KMs, any interception needs tracking - this particular system can track and kill incoming missiles which have a range of upto 2000kms.

Back
Top Bottom