What's new

How can Pakistan counter India’s ABM system?

The range here does not mean what you think it means..

It means that the ABM system can detect missiles and intercept missiles which have a target range of around 2000 KMs, any interception needs tracking - this particular system can track and kill incoming missiles which have a range of upto 2000kms.

well i dont much knowledge on this but , can this system hit multiple targets , if yes so what is the accuracy ? last night i read that only israel and USA have few ABM with high accuracy rate ...!

well i dont much knowledge on this but , can this system hit multiple targets , if yes so what is the accuracy ? last night i read that only israel and USA have few ABM with high accuracy rate ...!

ABM systems are complicated in their nature as in - they incorporate sats, radars, Awacs for monitoring and trajectory, velocity and directional calculations, plus ideal ABM systems are multi layered like India wants a two layered or a three layered anti BM system.

Accuracy is quite good if it's against a solitary target, but multiple launches might overload the system and will bring down the accuracy - but then it all boils down to preventing the maximum possible warheads from impact.

The US and Israel declare an accuracy rate of 50% right now - but compared to India's ABM system theirs is in a much advanced stage covering threats perceptions of cruise missiles, ICBMs, multiple warheads (MIRV's) and even unguided rockets.

ABM systems are complicated in their nature as in - they incorporate sats, radars, Awacs for monitoring and trajectory, velocity and directional calculations, plus ideal ABM systems are multi layered like India wants a two layered or a three layered anti BM system.

Accuracy is quite good if it's against a solitary target, but multiple launches might overload the system and will bring down the accuracy - but then it all boils down to preventing the maximum possible warheads from impact.

The US and Israel declare an accuracy rate of 50% right now - but compared to India's ABM system theirs is in a much advanced stage covering threats perceptions of cruise missiles, ICBMs, multiple warheads (MIRV's) and even unguided rockets.

but dont you think there must be a way to avoid ABM systems ? if not than why USA, Russia , China or India etc are still testing BM and CM with more range and payload ......
one more question i have here , that can a SAM be used as ABM ? or SAM is only capable of hitting planes !?

but dont you think there must be a way to avoid ABM systems ? if not than why USA, Russia , China or India etc are still testing BM and CM with more range and payload ......
one more question i have here , that can a SAM be used as ABM ? or SAM is only capable of hitting planes !?

self delete ...

As I said ABM is a whole system,

As for using SAM's against incoming BM's - logically speaking even a well targeted huge rock can take down a BM - but then the probability of that happening is a billion or more to one hence non practical.

Countries are developing CM's and BM's because they are the weapons - similar to swords and arrows in a battlefield while ABM is a shield - both have their places and both are useful in their own respects, having shields in the battlefield does not mean that there are zero fatalities but shields provide you with some protection coverage to part of your body that's important.

Countries with large areas cannot deploy ABM's to cover their entire mass but deploy them to cover their most vital parts - as in cities or installations.

As for using SAM's against incoming BM's - logically speaking even a well targeted huge rock can take down a BM - but then the probability of that happening is a billion or more to one hence non practical.

Countries are developing CM's and BM's because they are the weapons - similar to swords and arrows in a battlefield while ABM is a shield - both have their places and both are useful in their own respects, having shields in the battlefield does not mean that there are zero fatalities but shields provide you with some protection coverage to part of your body that's important.

Countries with large areas cannot deploy ABM's to cover their entire mass but deploy them to cover their most vital parts - as in cities or installations.

ok thanks for this explanation

I don't know why this discussion has gone beyond 40 pages on this forum regarding ABM systems of India.
I have not read it all but the fact regarding ABM is that there is no such thing as 100% safe execution of Anti ballistic system, it’s an experimental technology and even if a 100% success is achieved still this field of weapons is useless investment for Indians. The reasons it’s useless for India is the very close proximity of Pakistan and Indian strategic targets.
You don’t even have a minute to prep the ABM system to protect New Delhi, when a solid fueled Shaheen ballistic missiles is launched because it’ll reach New Delhi in approximately 3 menutes if launched from Wahga Border.
If Babur Cruise missile is launched with nuclear weapons onboard Indian authorities will get the news when it’ll be telecasted as breaking news on Indian TV…lol
If launched from a sub in the Indian ocean it’ll not even be telecasted as a breaking news because more then half of India will be gone within seconds.
And don’t underestimate the world’s best pilots in the cockpits of fighter planes carrying the sh.it to the nearest Indian target.

^

* India still IMPORTS small arms. Most of what you have shown is Russian clones, not Indian R&D and they are so cheap that Indian army won't have them.

* Even N.Korea can launch long range missiles, Iran can launch space rockets...that is no big deal.

* We are talking about "missile interceptors" not "ballistic missiles."...which you don't have.

Stick to the topic and stop bringing Pakistan in, no one is discussing Pakistan.

@Aeronaut :blah: :blah:

You want us to focus on reinventing the wheel?

We have a limited budget and stronger enemies. We have to intelligently invest our money in R&D with limited manpower and resource. We have to prioritize our needs and thats why instead of wasting our resource in small arms, we are investing in high end technology. Small arms are available in the market with TOT but no one is going to share with you ABM or space technology.

Even pakistan dont have any credible industry, heck you dont have any automobile, then how come it succeed in producing nukes?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dreamreaper

Course change can only help when its done just when ABM is launched. If ABM radar control system gets sufficient time to recalculate trajectory, it is of no use.

Not sure how many times your missile can do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pak can develop smart warhead. A warhead that will change the direction if it see an ABM approaching it. But the warhead should once again be back on its original path.

Put a tactical nuclear warhead(100 ton-5kt TNT equivalent) on that SAM ,then see .It will be a lot more effective than you think.

Pak can develop smart warhead. A warhead that will change the direction if it see an ABM approaching it. But the warhead should once again be back on its original path.

Already exists on Topol-M ,Yars and Iskander Missile.

Already exists on Topol-M ,Yars and Iskander Missile.

I am talking about Pakistan.

I doubt it exist in Iskender. Iskender like K 15 has some tactical maneuvers in its terminal phase so it it is very difficult to intercept. But certainly it do not have Smart warhead. One of the reason being it is tactical missile unlike Topol-M.

I am talking about Pakistan.

I doubt it exist in Iskender. Iskender like K 15 has some tactical maneuvers in its terminal phase so it it is very difficult to intercept. But certainly it do not have Smart warhead. One of the reason being it is tactical missile unlike Topol-M.

Iskander is quasi ballistic missile and it does perform evasive maneuvers in the final phase.Also ,its actual range is a lot more than what is officially told . Some sources say iskander-m is 500 km ,some even say its capable of over 1000 km .

Iskander is quasi ballistic missile and it does perform evasive maneuvers in the final phase.Also ,its actual range is a lot more than what is officially told . Some sources say iskander-m is 500 km ,some even say its capable of over 1000 km .

True but not smart warhead.

I think india should buy some. I am sure our enemy will be scarred.

I think that shaurya has same features.

Back
Top Bottom