What's new

HongKong court rejects landmark residency bid by Filipina maid

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Chinese that would be a refugee in India are the former oppressive Tibetan land owners and slave owning monks. I can't imaging anyone from China would migrate to India. Maybe businessman are living there for career advancement but they would seek to return back to their native country eventually. Otherwise, I can't imaging anyone of any nationality would ever migrate to India except as refugees.

anyone with any knowledge of sociology or human geography knows that people overwhelmingly migrate for economic reasons. there are a few other cases, such as the one you have cited, where terrorists, radicals, outlaws, or political extremists will seek refuge in anarchic places, where the authorities from their homeland cannot take them into custody. but overall, it's very unlikely that chinese would migrate to india, with its gdp per capita standing at roughly one third of china's, simply for 'freedom'. otherwise, the entire world would have migrated to somalia, the freest country on the planet, by now.

You should send these refugees back. Their government would be willing to take them with a compensation.

In humane nations - you don't send refugees back. They are free to go of course - but why would these Chinese citizens go back? They like it here and we don't mind having them. They add to our cultural milieu - our civilization has always taken in refugees.

There are quite a no of dissenting Tibetans that the indian government provides refuge to. Many of them actually return back to China complaining about the debilitating conditions and poor hygiene there while the whole Tibet is modernising day by day!

I have a feeling you don't have proof of this random wild claim either. What's next? Neil Armstrong was Chinese?

LOL - to the Chinese a paper from the London School of Economics is not good enough - apparently because of a minor error. Haahahhahahaha - these Chinese people....lol...

don't be obtuse. i realise indians worship brand names (just not any domestic brands, of course) but the reality is that even at lse, masters dissertations are not held up to anything as rigorous as a peer review, so stop trying to pass off this error-ridden paper as credible.

and again, you have refused to discuss the subject of this thread: on what grounds is the HKSAR obligated to grant these pinays permanent residency? even though you have come here to troll, try to at least give the impression of staying on-topic.

In humane nations - you don't send refugees back. They are free to go of course - but why would these Chinese citizens go back? They like it here and we don't mind having them. They add to our cultural milieu - our civilization has always taken in refugees.

I have a feeling you don't have proof of this random wild claim either. What's next? Neil Armstrong was Chinese?

Eventually, these refugees would rather have a job, a life, an apartment and the freedom obtained from wealth. Refugees actually has the least amount of freedoms as they have not job, no life and depend on their host country to sustain them. But they were indoctrinated to be refugees unnecessarily. These people are following a cult leader and they need to be deprogrammed.

Those Filipina maids are definitely not citizens. Also, why are alot of Filipina working overseas are maids?

well i have no idea about that.
but when i was in Taiwan couple years a go i saw a lot Filipinos too working as a maids but they didn't asking to be Taiwanese citizen lol.

Those Filipina maids are definitely not citizens. Also, why are alot of Filipina working overseas are maids?

I would assume the obvious; that it's strictly for financial purposes. Also, it allows them to invest in property overseas (in certain countries) in order to obtain residency. This isn't just a Filipina thing. I believe it happens all over Asia. Perhaps there are just quite a number of businesses in the Philippines that cater overseas clients to hire domestic help.

@Zero Wing

Most country in the world have a labor contract issued to foreign worker, and most country in the world require the worker to go home once the contract is fulfilled. This including Australia (457 Visa), USA(All working visa except EB type and L type), Sweden (Au-Pair and all category of employment visa) and many more place in the world.

The only "Liberal" country i can remember is the United Kingdom, as long as you you stay in the UK for 14 years legally (10 years if continous stay) you can apply leave to remain in the UK, regardless of job status. Australia used to be like this but we see that it's **** and a lot of people just study for 10 years and stayed behind...

Otherwise all other country have the migrant based Working visa which usually require a high education level or a skilled profession. In most other country, they seperate their migration system with foreign worker system.

We cannot blame the HK Government for this result, as this is a contractual things. There are other mean to stay in HK if one desired to. But just like any other country i saw, not every jack and jill can apply for a migration seat in HK. If we have to blame, we should blame those employer who take advantage of those Foreign Aid Worker as they are not Resident, they do not cover by work right law in HK. And they ended up working extremely long hour and with merger pay.

Migration to HK is generally moderate to hard. Compare to most developed country. However, it would be A LOT easier if you are a mainlander. That's sort of a double standard in there. But seeing HK is part of China now, it's just a literal progression.

Foreign aid worker is not the important part of this news, the same court is now considering the newborne Chinese Citizen who have HK Residence after giving birth in HK even none of the Parent are HK resident. This is the important part of the case because it represent a unfair preference treatment to Chinese Citizens. That's why i left HK in the first place.

I got quite a few relative (Some Chinese, Some vietnamese) who lived and work in the West (Australia, US, and the UK) were able to migrate to HK quite easier than non-Chinese Speaking without Chinese heritage. The current immigration system is "Hostile" to those who cannot speak Chinese (Either Mandarin or Cantonese) and if they are not of Chinese Heritage. Compare to the older Immigration law under british rule, the situation is the same with the foreigner (Philippine included) but the door is opened widely for the Chinese after Under Chinese rules. This is the important point of the issue here, not your fellow countrymen.

If you want to hear the real news try this, this explain the general sitaution but the catch is, they are in Chinese

外å‚*判無居權 雙非仍未解決 - Yahoo! 新聞香港

@ faithfulguy

If you wanted to apply for HK Chinese Citizenship then you will need to give up your US passport and your Taiwan Passport (may be not i don't know as China don't see Taiwan passport as valid travel document) you sure it worth it??

Oh please i understand your point but this are mainlanders please i have experience with this guys they even made this whole thread to insult filipinos its there way of insulting and belittling people its always have been there way anyway this my last post on this thread just to recap the HK basic law is stupid because on they way they decide on the matter the law said "any foreigner" any means anyone so meaning this action has hypocrisy written all over it that's all now i have to go back to the Semana santa thing. Peace be will all of you (even the racist arrogant jerks mainlanders)

Oh please i understand your point but this are mainlanders please i have experience with this guys they even made this whole thread to insult filipinos its there way of insulting and belittling people its always have been there way anyway this my last post on this thread just to recap the HK basic law is stupid because on they way they decide on the matter the law said "any foreigner" any means anyone so meaning this action has hypocrisy written all over it that's all now i have to go back to the Semana santa thing. Peace be will all of you (even the racist arrogant jerks mainlanders)

i am not saying praise on CCP, nor do i think anything about the HK migration system. The system is f'ed up and needed overhaul for a long asssses time. The problem is, when you put the same sitaution in country like US, Australia and anywhere in the world, the outcome will still be the same. The law is restrictive and you can blame whoever wrote the law, not whoever enforcing the law.

as i said, the law is biased toward Chinese and discriminate against all other person. Not even filipino, but also american, briton, french and whoever cannot speak Chinese or have Chinese heritage. Basic law accept a person do not need to live in HK and only if they are of Chinese heritage, their child born in HK are accepted as Hong Kong Residence immediately.Which is, IMO, wrong........

I agree this article is a Chinese stiring hatred on pinoy. as the Filipino part of the court case is only factions (really really small) of the focal point. The case is mainly a piggy back case that illustrate the need to the whole f'ed law. Even before the case (Filipino part) enter into the fray the lawmaker and lawyer already pundited that the case will fail misearably and they do.

The true gem in this case is the newborn of non-Hong Kong Resident are able to get Residence without either one of the Parent required to fulfilled the residence requirment. Which the Chinese poster here failure to mention in one bit.

If you can translate the article i quote, you will get the whole picture, otherwise if you answer the obivious hate post here, you will just be sucked in to the stupid agrument.

Please stick to the topic which is not about Indians, Nazi's, Tibetan refugees, abortions, mortality rates otherwise I will hand out more infractions and lock the thread.

300,000 foreign workers, its impossible for government to facilitate that even if they wanted to on such a small island.

I have seen many Indians employed as door boys here in Shanghai。

Filipinos and Vietnamese should try and settle down in Japan and find out how accommodative the Japanese are。

Since Japan is considered an ally by some members of the Fili and Viet origin,they should really give it a try。:azn:

Filipinos and Vietnamese should try and settle down in Japan and find out how accommodative the Japanese are。
Since Japan is considered an ally by some members of the Fili and Viet origin,they should really give it a try。:azn:

OFF-topic

As Japan hater you may not know but the Japanese like us very much.

At present there are about 20,000 Viets workers and apprentices in Japan. The number is expected to increase by 10,000 every year. By the way, most of Vietnamese want to earn Yen and return home. There are only few who want to live permanent in this from earth quake and tsunami shaken country.

Japan wants more Vietnamese workers - News VietNamNet

OFF-topic

As Japan hater you may not know but the Japanese like us very much.

At present there are about 20,000 Viets workers and apprentices in Japan. The number is expected to increase by 10,000 every year. By the way, most of Vietnamese want to earn Yen and return home. There are only few who want to live permanent in this from earth quake and tsunami shaken country.

Japan wants more Vietnamese workers - News VietNamNet

In Taiwan, most maids are Philipinos. The mail order brides are from Vietnam or China. I wonder why Taiwanese only regard Philipinos as maids but would marry Vietnamese as there are no Philipino mail order bride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom