What's new

HongKong court rejects landmark residency bid by Filipina maid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's racism and discrimination written all over HK's maid residency ruling when it favor other professions but discriminate maids.

The foreign domestic maids, whether Filipinos, Indonesians, Pakistanis, Viets, Cambodians and other nationals, who have left their families to work in Hong Kong, should be accorded with respect. I think they deserve a fair treatment by allowing those who qualified under the HK immigration laws to stay. Every human being has the right to seek abode in any land and must never at all be hampered by racial or social discrimination.

It’s sad that the LEGCO, HK's version of legislature, and the Beijing-appointed chief executive will do everything to keep out the maids' families from residing. Although this is obviously discrimination but anyway, it's their law and their country so there is not much we can do about it. It's unfair but It's just the reality in life, the less privilege are always given the run around in many aspects in the real world even though these maids have given enough to make other lives easier. Sometimes it's a crime to be poor and wrong to be born the other side of the fence. Maybe someday the world will be a better place to live for everybody.

Peace out.

they can still contribute their services there in HK and rewarded under the contracts. I doubt if many of the maids are looking for a permanent residence in the first place when they sign the contracts.

Hahahahaha - Chinese commercial law is better than Indian law? And I am out of my intellectual depth here? I love how you guys can never back up your claims - like Indians "pouring" into mainland China and Hong Kong and then resort to personal attacks. Must be a cultural thing. In civilized nations in the democratic world even 5th grade kids participating in debates are taught not to resort to personal insults while debating. But kids will be kids. :)

The reality of course is quite different -

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...VBSsRL&sig=AHIEtbTYyeK9OvABXoKGTxF5RWFFpkyUng

i was going to try and read the thing, but i've been very discouraged after seeing an error like "Democratic Republic of India" (a non-existent state) in the very first sentence. please cite works from reputable sources, not the thesis of a sleep-deprived student desperate for his degree. this is an international forum with international standards, so what passes for academia by your local standards simply won't be acceptable here :no: the reality is that india's legal system, like a lot of white elephants you inherited from brits, is simply a facade. for one, corruption is incompatible with the rule of law, and a country as corrupt as india (rank 94 in the CPI) obviously does not have rule of law. a country with a functioning legal system wouldn't have 1/3 of people in parliament facing criminal charges like rape.

anyway, this is a big distraction from the real issue, and the one issue you refuse to address: on what grounds is the HKSAR obligated to grant these pinays permanent residency? either back up or withdraw your claim.

again , you are acting childish . It is not my fault that you don't have Residency of Hong Kong . You previously stated that Pakistanis and nepalese are doing much better than Indians but Indians are not good enough to be maids i showed you statistics . Now instead of acting like a dignified man and accepting your mistake you are coming up with random verbal diarrhea which have no context . Be a man and accept your mistake . Don't try to get me bite troll bait . You will not be successful.

kid! I am saying from a national perspective. If you people are showing animosity towards China and HK, just leave for heavens sake!

Have you not seen any other posts from Jackdaws? :lol:

Even on this thread he came in and immediately started flaming us with zero provocation.

What provocation? By the way - you are still to provide proof for your absurd claims.

Sigh! These simple minded Chinese people - it is no wonder they buy anything their communist masters feed them. Give some proof of all these jobless Indians in Hong Kong.

However if you come to India as a refugee like over a 100,000 of your fellow citizens - we will give you healthcare, schooling and a registration certificate. We even give you an Identity Certificate - so you can travel overseas and come back to the refugee area. No worries. :)

The only Chinese that would be a refugee in India are the former oppressive Tibetan land owners and slave owning monks. I can't imaging anyone from China would migrate to India. Maybe businessman are living there for career advancement but they would seek to return back to their native country eventually. Otherwise, I can't imaging anyone of any nationality would ever migrate to India except as refugees.

Acting benevolent? We are benevolent. You and I pay taxes in India - it is through the taxes we pay that these Chinese refugees are supported. So we are already doing our bit to improve the lot of the Chinese people. However, I am not complaining - it is okay. We must do our bit to improve their lot.

buddy but why call every Chinese simple minded or being fed on Propaganda and all . Most of the Chinese i have met in real life are pretty smart . yep , we must do our bit to improve . I completely agree on this .

kid! I am saying from a national perspective. If you people are showing animosity towards China and HK, just leave for heavens sake!

kid , accept your mistake like a Man , when you have been proven wrong , not by me , but statistics issued by government of Hong Kong . And to answer you , Not everyone is concerned about "national perspective" . Wherever i will get a awesome job i will work . "Individual perspective" does not have to match "National Perspective" but i guess you are yet not familiar with these things .

Acting benevolent? We are benevolent. You and I pay taxes in India - it is through the taxes we pay that these Chinese refugees are supported. So we are already doing our bit to improve the lot of the Chinese people. However, I am not complaining - it is okay. We must do our bit to improve their lot.

You should send these refugees back. Their government would be willing to take them with a compensation.

The only Chinese that would be a refugee in India are the former oppressive Tibetan land owners and slave owning monks. I can't imaging anyone from China would migrate to India. Maybe businessman are living there for career advancement but they would seek to return back to their native country eventually. Otherwise, I can't imaging anyone of any nationality would ever migrate to India except as refugees.

There are quite a no of dissenting Tibetans that the indian government provides refuge to. Many of them actually return back to China complaining about the debilitating conditions and poor hygiene there while the whole Tibet is modernising day by day!

Have you not seen any other posts from Jackdaws? :lol:

Even on this thread he came in and immediately started flaming us with zero provocation.

I saw a couple of pages and came to the last one . You are on a roll in this thread :rofl: .

Who called it low wage buddy ??

Read the article I was responding to.

There are quite a no of dissenting Tibetans that the indian government provides refuge to. Many of them actually return back to China complaining about the debilitating conditions and poor hygiene there while the whole Tibet is modernising day by day!

They learned that they can not eat democracy. Especially the Indian variation.

Its obvious that a country like India would be better served with a benevolent dictatorship.

buddy but why call every Chinese simple minded or being fed on Propaganda and all . Most of the Chinese i have met in real life are pretty smart . yep , we must do our bit to improve . I completely agree on this .

LOL, I don't know what world Jackdaws is living in when he can pretend that he is so superior to everyone, even insulting Germany on this thread.

We all read the international media, we see the stories coming out of India, this is not exactly the time for any Indian member to be claiming that they are inherently more "civilized" than "simple minded Chinese".

i was going to try and read the thing, but i've been very discouraged after seeing an error like "Democratic Republic of India" (a non-existent state) in the very first sentence. please cite works from reputable sources, not the thesis of a sleep-deprived student desperate for his degree. this is an international forum with international standards, so what passes for academia by your local standards simply won't be acceptable here :no: the reality is that india's legal system, like a lot of white elephants you inherited from brits, is simply a facade. for one, corruption is incompatible with the rule of law, and a country as corrupt as india (rank 94 in the CPI) obviously does not have rule of law. a country with a functioning legal system wouldn't have 1/3 of people in parliament facing criminal charges like rape.

anyway, this is a big distraction from the real issue, and the one issue you refuse to address: on what grounds is the HKSAR obligated to grant these pinays permanent residency? either back up or withdraw your claim.

LOL - to the Chinese a paper from the London School of Economics is not good enough - apparently because of a minor error. Haahahhahahaha - these Chinese people....lol...

Read the article I was responding to.

Maybe you should read that again .

LOL, I don't know what world Jackdaws is living in when he can pretend that he is so superior to everyone, even insulting Germany on this thread.

We all read the international media, we see the stories coming out of India, this is not exactly the time for any Indian member to be claiming that they are inherently more "civilized" than "simple minded Chinese".

I agree with you you on this one . This is indeed on the right time to claim anything .

They learned that they can not eat democracy. Especially the Indian variation.
Its obvious that a country like India would be better served with a benevolent dictatorship.

they just cant say democracy and the spell of evils in their society will go away forever.
inidan democracy - everyone knows what it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom