What's new

HongKong court rejects landmark residency bid by Filipina maid

Status
Not open for further replies.
they 'treat' the indians even worse than the philipinos```but anyway, indians are pouring in HK and mainland China nowadays instead of staying in the 'secular' India````because they'd rather be treated with 'no worker's rights' than low caste disposals in India

the Pinoys can work as housemaids but indians, how do you arrange jobs for these poor people in HK? - unskilled, arrogant, alienating themselves from the people of the land, disrespectful for personal hygiene and having a culture that no-one from outside will accept. They look like a huge drag on the HK economy!

the Pinoys can work as housemaids but indians, how do you arrange jobs for these poor people in HK? - unskilled, arrogant, alienating themselves from the people of the land, disrespectful for personal hygiene and having a culture that no-one from outside will accept. They look like a huge drag on the HK economy!

Let me show you light about Indians in Hong Kong .

There are many Indians running different kinds of businesses in Hong Kong. On Nathan Road and Mody Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, there are a lot of tailoring and retailing shops. Also, around 15% restaurants in Hong Kong are operated by Indians.[Recently, many of them are teachers or owners of Yoga centers.

For most Indians in Hong Kong, occupations vary according to their education level and family status. The majority of them are managers, administrative officers and technological fields like Engineers.

Positions Indians Pakistanis Nepalese Working force of HK
Managers and Administrative officers 31.2% 9.2% 1.1% 10.7%
Professionals/ assistant professionals 22.3% 6.9% 4.3% 20.9%
Clerk, tertiary industry 18.1% 14.2% 20.7% 31.3%
Craftsmanship / Machine control related 4.9% 24.4% 29.2% 17.2%
Non technological fields 23.2% 45.2% 44.6% 19.5%

(Source: “香港南亞裔概況”, the Census and Statistics Department, 2001)

The percentage of Indians earning less than $4,000 per month or more than $30,000 per month is higher than that in the total working force of Hong Kong, or other South Asian nationalities.

Your last statement shows why you are all "jelly jelly gum gum" over it . They are only 20 thousand plus and quite successful over there , in fact above average . Do you blame them for you being unsuccessful in life ??

Sigh! These simple minded Chinese people - it is no wonder they buy anything their communist masters feed them. Give some proof of all these jobless Indians in Hong Kong.

However if you come to India as a refugee like over a 100,000 of your fellow citizens - we will give you healthcare, schooling and a registration certificate. We even give you an Identity Certificate - so you can travel overseas and come back to the refugee area. No worries. :)

There are many Indians running different kinds of businesses in Hong Kong. On Nathan Road and Mody Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, there are a lot of tailoring and retailing shops. Also, around 15% restaurants in Hong Kong are operated by Indians.[Recently, many of them are teachers or owners of Yoga centers.

For most Indians in Hong Kong, occupations vary according to their education level and family status. The majority of them are managers, administrative officers and technological fields like Engineers.

The percentage of Indians earning less than $4,000 per month or more than $30,000 per month is higher than that in the total working force of Hong Kong, or other South Asian nationalities.

Your last statement shows why you are all "jelly jelly gum gum" over it . They are only 20 thousand plus and quite successful over there , in fact above average . Do you blame them for you being unsuccessful in life ??

I think Pakistanis are doing well in HK. So are Nepalese. Doubtful on indians!
Particularly when indians are hateful of China, you people should leave Hong Kong!

Sigh! These simple minded Chinese people - it is no wonder they buy anything their communist masters feed them. Give some proof of all these jobless Indians in Hong Kong.

However if you come to India as a refugee like over a 100,000 of your fellow citizens - we will give you healthcare, schooling and a registration certificate. We even give you an Identity Certificate - so you can travel overseas and come back to the refugee area. No worries. :)

Instead of Slandering all Chinese people or trying to act benevolent over something which you have no control over ( refugee issue) just talk to him with statistics and make him understand . I know he is one of the big Indian Haters on the forum but just to counter him you don't have to become Chinese hater , otherwise what is the difference between you and him . You both are just acting the same .

I think Pakistanis are doing well in HK. So are Nepalese. Doubtful on indians!
Particularly when indians are hateful of China, you people should leave Hong Kong!

Read the statistics , its by Census and Statistics Department . Indians are doing better than Pakistanis or Nepalese or any other south asian Nationality and when average is taken of whole working force , they are well above average , but your hate will not let you see it . Nonetheless Best of luck .

It is not the fault of these simple minded Chinese posters my friend - let's not blame them. You know how a 7 year old son will believe his father can do no wrong? The Chinese have a similar attitude toward their Government. Their state controlled Chinese media feeds them nonsense and they lap it up. Standing up to authority is just not in their culture - not yet anyway. We must help them take baby steps toward democracy.

Come to india? why should I have to descend myself to such a backward place where the women in my family have to worry about getting abused 24/7 and gosh, your infrastructures are collapsing before you have time and money to fix them

It is not the fault of these simple minded Chinese posters my friend - let's not blame them. You know how a 7 year old son will believe his father can do no wrong? The Chinese have a similar attitude toward their Government. Their state controlled Chinese media feeds them nonsense and they lap it up. Standing up to authority is just not in their culture - not yet anyway. We must help them take baby steps toward democracy.

Buddy , I really don't Appreciate slandering all Chinese because of one . Every Orchard has bad apples . Treat him like one bad apple from across the fence instead of calling the whole orchard bad .

@Zero Wing

Most country in the world have a labor contract issued to foreign worker, and most country in the world require the worker to go home once the contract is fulfilled. This including Australia (457 Visa), USA(All working visa except EB type and L type), Sweden (Au-Pair and all category of employment visa) and many more place in the world.

The only "Liberal" country i can remember is the United Kingdom, as long as you you stay in the UK for 14 years legally (10 years if continous stay) you can apply leave to remain in the UK, regardless of job status. Australia used to be like this but we see that it's **** and a lot of people just study for 10 years and stayed behind...

Otherwise all other country have the migrant based Working visa which usually require a high education level or a skilled profession. In most other country, they seperate their migration system with foreign worker system.

We cannot blame the HK Government for this result, as this is a contractual things. There are other mean to stay in HK if one desired to. But just like any other country i saw, not every jack and jill can apply for a migration seat in HK. If we have to blame, we should blame those employer who take advantage of those Foreign Aid Worker as they are not Resident, they do not cover by work right law in HK. And they ended up working extremely long hour and with merger pay.

Migration to HK is generally moderate to hard. Compare to most developed country. However, it would be A LOT easier if you are a mainlander. That's sort of a double standard in there. But seeing HK is part of China now, it's just a literal progression.

Foreign aid worker is not the important part of this news, the same court is now considering the newborne Chinese Citizen who have HK Residence after giving birth in HK even none of the Parent are HK resident. This is the important part of the case because it represent a unfair preference treatment to Chinese Citizens. That's why i left HK in the first place.

I got quite a few relative (Some Chinese, Some vietnamese) who lived and work in the West (Australia, US, and the UK) were able to migrate to HK quite easier than non-Chinese Speaking without Chinese heritage. The current immigration system is "Hostile" to those who cannot speak Chinese (Either Mandarin or Cantonese) and if they are not of Chinese Heritage. Compare to the older Immigration law under british rule, the situation is the same with the foreigner (Philippine included) but the door is opened widely for the Chinese after Under Chinese rules. This is the important point of the issue here, not your fellow countrymen.

If you want to hear the real news try this, this explain the general sitaution but the catch is, they are in Chinese

外å‚*判無居權 雙非仍未解決 - Yahoo! 新聞香港

@ faithfulguy

If you wanted to apply for HK Chinese Citizenship then you will need to give up your US passport and your Taiwan Passport (may be not i don't know as China don't see Taiwan passport as valid travel document) you sure it worth it??

I am just gauging what it takes to have a citizenship in Hong Kong. I personally would not do it as I'm happy here in America. I would only work and live in a foreign place like China or Hong Kong for while for the experience but ultimately, I'll come back here.

I think there's racism and discrimination written all over HK's maid residency ruling when it favor other professions but discriminate maids.

The foreign domestic maids, whether Filipinos, Indonesians, Pakistanis, Viets, Cambodians and other nationals, who have left their families to work in Hong Kong, should be accorded with respect. I think they deserve a fair treatment by allowing those who qualified under the HK immigration laws to stay. Every human being has the right to seek abode in any land and must never at all be hampered by racial or social discrimination.

It’s sad that the LEGCO, HK's version of legislature, and the Beijing-appointed chief executive will do everything to keep out the maids' families from residing. Although this is obviously discrimination but anyway, it's their law and their country so there is not much we can do about it. It's unfair but It's just the reality in life, the less privilege are always given the run around in many aspects in the real world even though these maids have given enough to make other lives easier. Sometimes it's a crime to be poor and wrong to be born the other side of the fence. Maybe someday the world will be a better place to live for everybody.

Peace out.

Read the statistics , its by Census and Statistics Department . Indians are doing better than Pakistanis or Nepalese or any other south asian Nationality and when average is taken of whole working force , they are well above average , but your hate will not let you see it . Nonetheless Best of luck .

Pakistanis and Nepalese are friends of China. The indian government is not. Why dont you people leave!?

Instead of Slandering all Chinese people or trying to act benevolent over something which you have no control over ( refugee issue) just talk to him with statistics and make him understand . I know he is one of the big Indian Haters on the forum but just to counter him you don't have to become Chinese hater , otherwise what is the difference between you and him . You both are just acting the same .

Have you not seen any other posts from Jackdaws? :lol:

Even on this thread he came in and immediately started flaming us with zero provocation.

How is $4000 per month a low wage. In America, its at the cusp of middle class.

Acting benevolent? We are benevolent. You and I pay taxes in India - it is through the taxes we pay that these Chinese refugees are supported. So we are already doing our bit to improve the lot of the Chinese people. However, I am not complaining - it is okay. We must do our bit to improve their lot.

Pakistanis and Nepalese are friends of China. The indian government is not. Why dont you people leave!?

again , you are acting childish . It is not my fault that you don't have Residency of Hong Kong . You previously stated that Pakistanis and nepalese are doing much better than Indians but Indians are not good enough to be maids i showed you statistics . Now instead of acting like a dignified man and accepting your mistake you are coming up with random verbal diarrhea which have no context . Be a man and accept your mistake . Don't try to get me bite troll bait . You will not be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom