What's new

HongKong court rejects landmark residency bid by Filipina maid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Götterdämmerung;4079210 said:
I see nothing wrong with the court's decision since the maids signed a contract voluntarily that states they must go home by the end of their contractual term and forfeit their rights of residency. I wished our gov. was as wise during the wirtschaftswunder era inviting all the guest workers who just stayed after the contractual term and too many of them never integrated into our society and thus causing all kinds of problems.

I hope I am not troubling your society, after all, my study is just begun.

I hope I am not troubling your society, after all, my study is just begun.

Students and other highly educated people are always welcomed, I was talking about low skilled guest workers with basic or no education who have become a burden of our society as if we don't have our home made trash already.

BTW, you are studying at Marburg Philipp-Universität? :)

Götterdämmerung;4079473 said:
Students and other highly educated people are always welcomed, I was talking about low skilled guest workers with basic or no education who have become a burden of our society as if we don't have our home made trash already.

BTW, you are studying at Marburg Philipp-Universität? :)

I see, guest workers like Aupair more or less?

Yes exactly, I am studying at Phillip-Universtät Marburg. I live down the Hanweg 9 :D

I see, guest workers like Aupair more or less?

Yes exactly, I am studying at Phillip-Universtät Marburg. I live down the Hanweg :D

I mean street sweepers, factory workers and toilet cleaners. Au pairs are generally well educated and are hired in well-to-do families.

Hanweg or Hainweg? Hainweg is next to the castle.

Götterdämmerung;4079506 said:
I mean street sweepers, factory workers and toilet cleaners. Au pairs are generally well educated and are hired in well-to-do families.

Hanweg or Hainweg? Hainweg is next to the castle.

Hainweg 9 near Renthof

I see, but germany still needs foreigners to do that kind of job? I thought the students would love to do those kind job as part time job.

Hainweg 9 near Renthof

I see, but germany still needs foreigners to do that kind of job? I thought the students would love to do those kind job as part time job.

Are you in the Burschenschaft Alemannia? I partied a lot there many years ago. :-)

Students working part-time is no problem because you will be highly qualified after university. Our guest workers still don#t speak proper German and the saddest part is, even many of their children who are born here neither.

Götterdämmerung;4079532 said:
Are you in the Burschenschaft Alemannia? I partied a lot there many years ago. :-)

Students working part-time is no problem because you will be highly qualified after university. Our guest workers still don#t speak proper German and the saddest part is, even many of their children who are born here neither.

Yes, I live in the square shaped Wohnung, close to the parking lot behind the Burschenschaft Alemannia. No way! you were in Marburg too? :yahoo:

I see, I think I know some people like that, mostly Turks immigrants, am I correct? (No offense to Turkish)

tell your government to take the maids as your citizens at the end of their contracts in HK.

We do take in enough of your citizens. If Filipinos in China feel the need, I am sure we will welcome them with open arms. We have always opened our doors to the persecuted - Zoroastrians from Iran, Baghdadi Jews, Hindu Pakistanis, Tamil Sri Lankans and Tibetan citizens under the yoke of Chinese occupation.

Like the indians. hahaha

They are a different race with different language and culture ( although many Pinoys are closer to us and nicer people too), they still want to come desperately for a residence in HK. It says something that HK can offer to them.

Also, I suspect there are some poltical motives behind it

LOL - the pot calling the kettle black. Even in a forum discussion about Filipinos and Chinese you have to bring India into the picture. You guys really need to get over your inferiority complex. Oh wait, it is not a complex. Meanwhile we will continue to provide refuge to your destitute citizens.

Götterdämmerung;4079210 said:
I see nothing wrong with the court's decision since the maids signed a contract voluntarily that states they must go home by the end of their contractual term and forfeit their rights of residency. I wished our gov. was as wise during the wirtschaftswunder era inviting all the guest workers who just stayed after the contractual term and too many of them never integrated into our society and thus causing all kinds of problems.

Well, Germany has practiced effective methods to get rid of a section of a population they did not want. Effective, but morally reprehensible. Perhaps you see shades of the reverse Swastika in the sickle. To the civilized world, these are nothing more than inhumane acts.

Look who is talking the Chinese hating Pinoy, oh it's Zero Wing the Chinese hater himself. Why are the Pinoys so desperate wanting for residency in a China place? All should return to the slums in the Philippines if the contract ends.

maybe Zero's mon is working there in HK, earns money for him to stay in the U.S?

Nothing about China shocks me anymore - it does disgust me - yes but does not shock me. I thought China was Communist and Honk Kong is Chinese now. So much for respecting workers' rights and equality. The fact that they make the poor Filipino women sign contracts to enter is in itself inhumane - you want them to look after your children and do your daily chores and after years of loyal service if they want to remain there - you treat them differently because of their social status. Repulsive.

they 'treat' the indians even worse than the philipinos```but anyway, indians are pouring in HK and mainland China nowadays instead of staying in the 'secular' India````because they'd rather be treated with 'no worker's rights' than low caste disposals in India

they 'treat' the indians even worse than the philipinos```but anyway, indians are pouring in HK and mainland China nowadays instead of staying in the 'secular' India````because they'd rather be treated with 'no worker's rights' than low caste disposals in India

As long as Indians can't understand that contractual relations are legally binding, and are a fundamental underpinning of all modern economies, then they will never advance. And as long as Indians fail to make logical arguments, whining instead about 'compassion' and resorting to ad hominem fallacies (check out the Godwin's law in this thread), you simply can't reason with them.

It is very simple. They signed a contract saying that they would return to their country of origin after the contract ended, and told specifically that this contract was not for the purposes of settlement.

I have no problem with Filipino maids, I had a Filipino maid myself, to help do the cleaning. And my family had several Filipino maids when I was growing up.

They are lovely people. But they are not Chinese citizens.

If they want citizenship and residency, they need to go through the proper channels, and apply for it officially like everyone else.

I hope Americans and American courts can learn from Hong Kong when dealing with illegal aliens and workers.

Hong Kong has an HDI higher than even Western European nations like Britain/France/Germany, the 2nd highest life expectancy on Earth and one of the highest incomes in the world.

So a lot of people want to come here to stay.

But it's not easy to get Chinese citizenship and residency in HK. It is easier for mainlanders since they are Chinese citizens too and they usually have family members here. (Most Hong Kongers have relatives living in the mainland).

But for non-Chinese citizens it is much harder, unless you have relatives who are Hong Kongers.

As a man with both Taiwanese passport and US passport, how easy would it be for me to move there. I'm just curious, not looking to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom