What's new

HongKong court rejects landmark residency bid by Filipina maid

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one loves to stay your dump anyway! for most of my kababayans (countrymen) its a work place not even heaven and steeping stone for the us or Canada we would not care less about china and nay may i say i would be in Libya than HK but then again work is work a steeping stone is a stone on the road. Singapore offers better conditions than HK

So why are you crying here?

Look HK is a slum according to this primate, it's a place where we treat Pinoys as non stop working slaves. On the other hand he pictures his homeland as paradise much better than HK. So why do Pinoys want to come over and apply for residency? No one is pointing a gun on their heads and force them to work as slaves. Feel free to stay in Paradise really.

Its a steeping stone for Europe, Canada sir experience etc having a residency gives that access not to stay in your slum of a city and its more pay in this places than here if your working in that field unlike us middle class and calling my country a slum is stupid one only a few areas are slums unlike in china or HK which was more better under the birts far more clearer the rest can outdo your best urban wounder out of the water and we have areas rarely touch by people so yes in common sense my country is really a paradise and better than yours but your right the choose to come HK i know but still does not give you license to treat them like this

Look HK is a slum according to this primate, it's a place where we treat Pinoys as non stop working slaves. On the other hand he pictures his homeland as paradise much better than HK. So why do Pinoys want to come over and apply for residency? No one is pointing a gun on their heads and force them to work as slaves. Feel free to stay in Paradise really.

What can we say really? :no:

The Hong Kong Judiciary has made their final decision. It is now Law in Hong Kong.

If they don't like it, they should stop coming. That is all.

So am saying your wrong my countrymen are just using the system to go to more places like they would like to stay in slum urban city with no or little space its a steeping stone for more better destination but according to the basic law your basic law foreigners staying in HK for long period of time can given residency.

Hong Kong is very congested. The Philippines government is hostile towards China. If you want permanent residence, please make your applications to india, usa, japan. vietnam. israel....

Nothing about China shocks me anymore - it does disgust me - yes but does not shock me. I thought China was Communist and Honk Kong is Chinese now. So much for respecting workers' rights and equality. The fact that they make the poor Filipino women sign contracts to enter is in itself inhumane - you want them to look after your children and do your daily chores and after years of loyal service if they want to remain there - you treat them differently because of their social status. Repulsive.

tell your government to take the maids as your citizens at the end of their contracts in HK.

Hong Kong is very congested. The Philippines government is hostile towards China. If you want permanent residence, please make your applications to india, usa, japan. vietnam. israel....

They protest about China, but they are still so desperate to live in a Chinese city like HK. :wave:

No one loves to stay your dump anyway! for most of my kababayans (countrymen) its a work place not even heaven and steeping stone for the us or Canada we would not care less about china and nay may i say i would be in Libya than HK but then again work is work a steeping stone is a stone on the road. Singapore offers better conditions than HK

Singapore's population is also majority ethnic Chinese. You might be disappointed. :P

They protest about China, but they are still so desperate to live in a Chinese city like HK. :wave:

Like the indians. hahaha

They are a different race with different language and culture ( although many Pinoys are closer to us and nicer people too), they still want to come desperately for a residence in HK. It says something that HK can offer to them.

Also, I suspect there are some poltical motives behind it

Ths issue of maids ia thorny one in many countries, not just HK. The busy locals want help, but the governments do not want that profile for immigration.

I think all governments anyways decide on immigration policies as per their needs, and to look for 'fairness' in it is asking for a bit too much.

The problem is that these people have low quality skill, and they will always have that issue be in their own country or a foreign one. Harsh but true.

They are a different race with different language and culture ( although many Pinoys are closer to us and nicer people too), they still want to come desperately for a residence in HK. It says something that HK can offer to them.

Also, I suspect there are some poltical motives behind it

Anyone who does not like China and Chinese people should not come to Hong Kong. Simple as that.

If these foreigners come to Hong Kong and start talking against Chinese people we will punch them in the face. :devil: They should not forget that we are also Chinese people and Chinese citizens.

China and HK like many other places in the world will accept citizenship of a foreign subject based on the following criteria:

1. kinship
2. skill
3 investment
4. political assylum / refugees
5. and in some cases period of residence

Anyone who does not like China and Chinese people should not come to Hong Kong. Simple as that.

If these foreigners come to Hong Kong and start talking against Chinese people we will punch them in the face. :devil: They should not forget that we are also Chinese people and Chinese citizens.

Agreed

It is loss-loss situation for both sides if foreigners become citizenship of a country which they hate. So applications denied!

Absolutely, what's the point of all this right? HK slum is for Chinese people, Paradise should be welcoming slaves back to their homeland.

I see nothing wrong with the court's decision since the maids signed a contract voluntarily that states they must go home by the end of their contractual term and forfeit their rights of residency. I wished our gov. was as wise during the wirtschaftswunder era inviting all the guest workers who just stayed after the contractual term and too many of them never integrated into our society and thus causing all kinds of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom