What's new

HongKong court rejects landmark residency bid by Filipina maid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being selective when it comes to who they will allow to apply for permanent residency is wrong, considering some of these maids have already satisfied the conditions for the application. If it is stated in the law that foreigners are entitled to permanent residency after seven years of staying in HK, then even maids should be able to apply for that. Anything else would be discriminatory.

Then why did they sign the contract promising that they would not seek residency and would return immediately after the contract is over?

If they want residency they could go for another job besides a maid, that would probably be easier too and they wouldn't have to sign that contract.

We are looking for either highly skilled immigrants or people with family members who are already permanent residents here. If you can't do that you could always just invest $1.5 million USD in HK instead.

Being a maid is not a shortcut to Chinese citizenship or HK residency.

I remember reading somewhere that we have a deal with some countries in SE Asia that we encourage the ethnic Chinese there to move to HK and get citizenship here.

I know we have a deal with Singapore like this but I can't remember about the other countries.

So if you are an ethnic Chinese living in SE Asia it will be much easier for you to get residency in HK. :)

yup my aunty lives in hk with two kids.
Another two aunty lives in taiwan.
Even my grandfather's bothers and sister still lives in china.

Then you are my brother already. :)

It will be very easy for you to get residency in HK.

I take it that you are Indonesian-Chinese?

If you are, would be mind giving me your thoughts on what living in Indonesia is like for an ethnic Chinese person?

Being selective when it comes to who they will allow to apply for permanent residency is wrong, considering some of these maids have already satisfied the conditions for the application. If it is stated in the law that foreigners are entitled to permanent residency after seven years of staying in HK, then even maids should be able to apply for that. Anything else would be discriminatory.

Filipino-Chinese is still FILIPINO

you got to be kidding me.
If the maids has a phd degree or doctoral and 1.5 million us $ invested why the hell they be a maid?
Lol they just can fly to america or canda or anywhere !
Maid satisfied the requitment to be a citizen lol get a grip dude.
It's not being selective issue but rather the maids asks to much give to little.

I take it that you are Indonesian-Chinese?

If you are, would be mind giving me your thoughts on what living in Indonesia is like for an ethnic Chinese person?

This might not exactly be an answer to your question, but I have a few family members living in Malaysia (in KL) and they are doing really well. :tup:

There is a tiny bit of racism between the Chinese-Malays-Indians but apart from that it has been good for them.

This might not exactly be an answer to your question, but I have a few family members living in Malaysia (in KL) and they are doing really well. :tup:

There is a tiny bit of racism between the Chinese-Malays-Indians but apart from that it has been good for them.

Good to hear that the different races are living in relative harmony.:cheers:

Many years ago I met a Malaysian-Chinese guy who complained about how they needed higher qualifications to get into medical school over native Malaysians.

Hope this kind of discrimination has now stopped in Malaysia as ultimately Malaysia will be loser in the end.

Really chinese racists why then did your basic law said any foreigner who had been working in HK for allotted time can have residency then? so meaning your basic law is just stupid then>? face it your arrogant jerks your just doing this because you guys hate filipinos in general? stop beating the bush and come out with it! don't make the story long you guys about i have maids too or i like them but they are not in our level cr#$p its all B.S in my country is called being plastic (Pretending or giving false feelings on certain people or a place etc) may kuro kuro pa kayo puro na man kayo gago gaghan ba. (find a translator to translate that for you jerks)

Really chinese racists why then did your basic law said any foreigner who had been working in HK for allotted time can have residency then? so meaning your basic law is just stupid then>? face it your arrogant jerks your just doing this because you guys hate filipinos in general? stop beating the bush and come out with it! don't make the story long you guys about i have maids too or i like them but they are not in our level cr#$p its all B.S in my country is called being plastic (Pretending or giving false feelings on certain people or a place etc) may itso pa kayo puro na man kayo gago.

LOL, they signed a contract, they are bound by the contract. That is all. :lol:

Nobody forced them to sign it, and they all knew at the beginning that they would have to return at the end of the contract. They just thought they could outsmart the HK system but they couldn't.

The Court of Final Appeal has already thrown it out.

LOL, they signed a contract, they are bound by the contract. That is all. :lol:

Nobody forced them to sign it, and they all knew at the beginning that they would have to return at the end of the contract. They just thought they could outsmart the HK system but they couldn't.

Sir am talking about the number of years of work am not talking about their job contracts! please look at my post and try again (gago ka pala bobo ba mga basa ng post)

Sir am talking about the number of years of work am not talking about their job contracts! please look at my post and try again (gago ka pala bobo ba mga basa ng post)

Yeah, years of work as a maid. In which they signed a CONTRACT promising to return to their country of origin at the end of the contract, and not to seek residency.

If they can't abide by the terms of a contract then they shouldn't sign it, end of story.

Yeah, years of work as a maid. In which they signed a CONTRACT promising to return to their country of origin at the end of the contract, and not to seek residency.

If they can't abide by the terms of a contract then they shouldn't sign it, end of story.

So are you telling me that basic law of HK is trash? so their Autonomy is nothing then?

So are you telling me that basic law of HK is trash? so their Autonomy is nothing then?

No, I am saying that they signed away their right to seek residency when they signed a contract promising not to do so. :lol:

And we have autonomy in everything except defence and foreign relations, the Beijing Government handles those.

Really chinese racists why then did your basic law said any foreigner who had been working in HK for allotted time can have residency then? so meaning your basic law is just stupid then>? face it your arrogant jerks your just doing this because you guys hate filipinos in general? stop beating the bush and come out with it! don't make the story long you guys about i have maids too or i like them but they are not in our level cr#$p its all B.S in my country is called being plastic (Pretending or giving false feelings on certain people or a place etc) may kuro kuro pa kayo puro na man kayo gago gaghan ba. (find a translator to translate that for you jerks)

Look who is talking the Chinese hating Pinoy, oh it's Zero Wing the Chinese hater himself. Why are the Pinoys so desperate wanting for residency in a China place? All should return to the slums in the Philippines if the contract ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom