What's new

HongKong court rejects landmark residency bid by Filipina maid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen well flip, they did not comply with requirements. They were told at the start they were simply in Hong Kong as contract workers, not immigrant. They agreed to the terms before arriving, and now they don't want to recognize it. If your people have trouble understanding that, perhaps you should stay in your country and not contaminate the rest of the world.

Thats a bit too far.

The Pinoys are peace loving people and majority of whom are doing us no harm. Only their government sucks. Again, I suspect there are political motives behind all the fiasco.

I know that life is not fair. I just wish there will be a time no one will have to fight for anything. I just can't believe some of the comments here. Everyone deserves to live a happy life in this world. Just because you all has that perfect life, it doesn't mean that others, the less fortunate ones, do not deserves to have one as well. These maids are working to make a better life for themselves and their family just like you and me. Is that such a terrible crime? You don't know their circumstances. These maids have no choice, they are poor and can't defend themselves that’s why they have no option.

Though, we the preferred professionals, are spared from this sentiment, of course, you can’t help but be hurt for your fellow countrymen and other nationals who are treated this way. They should have the same rights as me and anyone else that comes to Hong Kong to work (skilled or unskilled). A little recognition and appreciation for their contribution to society is all they need. If other skilled workers can earn citizenship after living there for seven years whilst they have stayed there for over a decade is denied.

I just hope someday they’ll take a look at the bigger picture. Is that a face of someone that deserves to be put through a miserable life? We all only live once. Show some heart to them and anyone who simply wants to live a good life.

Peace Out.

^^^^^^^^^^
Zero_wing needs to chill and relax.
^^^^^^^^^^
----------------------
Hong Kong rules against Filipino maid residency

Five judges on the Court of Final Appeal ruled unanimously that Evangeline Banao Vallejos and Daniel Domingo would not be allowed to settle permanently in Hong Kong after residing here for over seven years, a period that would ordinarily qualify foreigners to become permanent residents under the constitution.
The court ruled that maids should not be treated as "ordinarily resident" in the financial hub given contracts that tied them to finite stints of temporary employment.
"The nature of foreign domestic helpers' residence in Hong Kong is highly restrictive," the judgment stated. "The foreign domestic helper is obliged to return to the country of origin at the end of the contract and is told from the outset that admission is not for the purposes of settlement."
The controversial legal battle had over the past few years split the city over whether 286,000 of the city's domestic helpers, largely from the Philippines and Indonesia, but also other countries like Nepal, India and Pakistan should be entitled to residency on a par with other foreigners here.
A small group of migrant worker protesters chanted and held placards outside the historic red-brick courthouse, denouncing the ruling as institutionalised discrimination.

Hong Kong rules against Filipino maid residency - Telegraph

Well Imperialist racist jack@$$ you should find a some manners and a brain before you answer back! The law is the law and all laws protect peoples rights regardless if they alines(legal term) or citizens if they broke the law find send them to jail and home but this just racism nothing more and your just proving my point with your listen well racist Cr@p! you listen here jack@$$ am not your dog or slave so please mind your post if addressing me! am your equal not your slave if your present here i punch your stupid face out like tondo gangster on Saturday hangout learns some humanity jerk! Maybe you should stay your own country jerk we are in globalized era how is that possible? believe me if we filipinos have choice why not? jerks like you are no different from the criminals of the past racist C*ut with that statement
The law does not protect your unwanted alien kind. The highest Hong Kong court has already made it clear, unless you are retarded enough to think you are more well-versed in interpretation of Hong Kong laws than its court of appeal. Actually who am I kidding, of course you are retarded enough to think so. Judging from your rant, you are nowhere my equal. Not only are your kind incapable of abiding by the terms of work contracts, it seems you are prone to violent outbust as well.

I think Pillipines should work on improving their economy and keeping their people in Phillipines instead of crying about maids in other countries.
At one time you guys were a rising star in Asia but you destroyed that and now are reduced to sending maids to other countries.
Pakistan is in a very similar place too, so instead of crying about others why not improve our own countries?

No, I am saying that they signed away their right to seek residency when they signed a contract promising not to do so. :lol:

And we have autonomy in everything except defence and foreign relations, the Beijing Government handles those.

It is now d@mn apparent that some Pinos sign a contract with an hidden intention against the contract they sign.

For those dishonesty people, HK final court makes a right decision to deny their false claim!

Hails to the people of Hong Kong!

So is the basic law trash>? Really why not add to that filipinos are no allowed then send them home> really one of the reasons why i hate HK! for this reason they love to fool people and to be rude to them at the same time then work them to death and make fun of their efforts.

This is absolutely an accurate execution of the Basic Laws of HK. You know nothing about law as your country is a lawless country.

Again, hails to the high courts of HK.

Well feeling is mutual ever since i took that 2nd trip to china including hong kong i started hating your peoples guts (i like you guys better when Bruce lee was alive and you guys were a British outpost) and even more when you start harassing us in our own waters and that restaurants racist sign was really the bolting point so its well establish but the issue remains is the basic law trash because if this is the why the basic law does not honors that line then its trash. basically the whole document is pointless and idiotic.

Your remarks further testify that HK high court made a right decision.

just imaging X number of years later, some evil Phinos would say HK is "our own city" (as opposed to "our own water" now)!

Luckily this won't happen now due to the wise ruling.

You don't know their circumstances. These maids have no choice, they are poor and can't defend themselves that’s why they have no option.

indeed these fips couldn't even afford legal defense in ordinary cases, not to mention a protracted legal battle that went all the way to the court of final appeals. the legal money came from all those anglo-saxons who deliberately wanted to dilute the gene pool in hong kong, which, from where i am standing, thousands and thousands of kilometers to the north, is not that impressive to begin with: short, weak, meek, soft (still better than the retarded group of southern, inbreeding debazi, though).

if the court had ruled otherwise, a greater tragedy would have occured when in another three decades, beijing would have to take control and liquidate the racially inferior or those, heavens forbid, of mixed fip and chinese blood (we have seen what your aquino looks like and felt the aquino creature, just by its look, contradicted humankind's eugenic instincts).

Let me show you light about Indians in Hong Kong .

There are many Indians running different kinds of businesses in Hong Kong. On Nathan Road and Mody Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, there are a lot of tailoring and retailing shops. Also, around 15% restaurants in Hong Kong are operated by Indians.[Recently, many of them are teachers or owners of Yoga centers.

For most Indians in Hong Kong, occupations vary according to their education level and family status. The majority of them are managers, administrative officers and technological fields like Engineers.

Positions Indians Pakistanis Nepalese Working force of HK
Managers and Administrative officers 31.2% 9.2% 1.1% 10.7%
Professionals/ assistant professionals 22.3% 6.9% 4.3% 20.9%
Clerk, tertiary industry 18.1% 14.2% 20.7% 31.3%
Craftsmanship / Machine control related 4.9% 24.4% 29.2% 17.2%
Non technological fields 23.2% 45.2% 44.6% 19.5%

(Source: “香港南亞裔概況”, the Census and Statistics Department, 2001)

The percentage of Indians earning less than $4,000 per month or more than $30,000 per month is higher than that in the total working force of Hong Kong, or other South Asian nationalities.

Your last statement shows why you are all "jelly jelly gum gum" over it . They are only 20 thousand plus and quite successful over there , in fact above average . Do you blame them for you being unsuccessful in life ??

From your quoted article, indeed pakistanis are more successful than Indians in Hong Kong.

Here is the analysis:

Population (from google)
India 1,241,491,960 – 2011
Pakistan 176,745,364 - 2011

Thus comes the population ratio:
India/pak = 7/1

Now compare with the following ratio derived from your article:

Ratio of Managers and Administrative officers India/pak = 4.6/1
Ratio of Professionals/ assistant professionals India/pak = 4.7/1

So you can see you outnumber the Pakistanis with 7/1 ratio, but you get into the high level with only about 4.6/1 ratio. That means you are 7-4.6/7 = 34% less competitive than the Pakistanis .

Semi-illiterate/undereducated (I’m sorry but…) really have to learn how to interpret statistics…

:wave:

Well Imperialist racist jack@$$ you should find a some manners and a brain before you answer back! The law is the law and all laws protect peoples rights regardless if they alines(legal term) or citizens if they broke the law find send them to jail and home but this just racism nothing more and your just proving my point with your listen well racist Cr@p! you listen here jack@$$ am not your dog or slave so please mind your post if addressing me! am your equal not your slave if your present here i punch your stupid face out like tondo gangster on Saturday hangout learns some humanity jerk! Maybe you should stay your own country jerk we are in globalized era how is that possible? believe me if we filipinos have choice why not? jerks like you are no different from the criminals of the past racist C*ut with that statement

Hong Kong maintains a common law system where court rules mostly based on precedents. In this case, the interpretation of the law by the court indeed becomes the law.

Domestic workers were properly informed that they would not obtain residence rights through their contract. Hong Kong's immigration policy is based on Hong Kong's interest, not your interest. The Philippines can also formulate your own policy. This is not about racism.

From your quoted article, indeed pakistanis are more successful than Indians in Hong Kong.

Here is the analysis:

Population (from google)
India 1,241,491,960 – 2011
Pakistan 176,745,364 - 2011

Thus comes the population ratio:
India/pak = 7/1

Now compare with the following ratio derived from your article:

Ratio of Managers and Administrative officers India/pak = 4.6/1
Ratio of Professionals/ assistant professionals India/pak = 4.7/1

So you can see you outnumber the Pakistanis with 7/1 ratio, but you get into the high level with only about 4.6/1 ratio. That means you are 7-4.6/7 = 34% less competitive than the Pakistanis .

Semi-illiterate/undereducated (I’m sorry but…) really have to learn how to interpret statistics…

:wave:

You were born this Stupid or you are acting this Stupid ??

LOL - to the Chinese a paper from the London School of Economics is not good enough - apparently because of a minor error. Haahahhahahaha - these Chinese people....lol...

Understandable from your kind of Indians that a copy of London system is good enough, even that means starvation and illiteracy...

Pinoys should mass migrate to Japan, Vietnam or India. They love sucking up to them so it's natural to apply residency at these countries. Indian men should have no problem importing slave maids for their horny desires. Japan should be helping these poor Pinoys if they want a China containment policy along with VN. Time to deport these workers back to where they came from if they are trying to outsmart the contract and the HK law.

The Final Court of Appeal in Hong Kong made a decision, so the case is closed. This thread too should be closed before more insults are throwing at each other.

taking the long run view of history, we see that using domestic slaves always incurs a price: white europeans used slaves that they didn't pay, but four hundred years later they had to offer these slaves citizenship and accepted their slaves to be their peers; hong kongers thought different and decided against political and social mixing with domestic slaves and chose rather to give them a decent pay and in exchange stipulated the fips' mandatory departure from hong kong after each tenure. so for the slave races, only they themselves can decide which is the sweeter fate: to labor without pay for a few centuries and getting full citizenship and the benefits thereof, or to labor as paid hires and get sent home at the end of the contract. if you fips had anything to complain about the hong kong solution, for the rest of your life you can always rue the day that your forefathers weren't chosen among the slaves that were shipped to europe and americas - but judging from your catholic and spanish names, you don't know who your ancestors are anyway, so you've got only yourselves to hate, fips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom