What's new

Hindu Minority are under oppression threat in bangladesh ?

Ohh I agree to your point. I'm pointing out yet another aspect. Apparently it's a popular practice. I don't know whether the same is practiced in case of Muslim families as well.

West Bengal Muslims marrying Bangladeshi Muslims never heard of it. Most Bangladeshis do not have relatives in West Bengal or have their ancestral village in W.Bengal or decided to relocate during partition time. These kind of things are popular in erstwhile punjab.

Bengali Muslims have always been in E.Bengal since the advent of Islam.

West Bengal Muslims marrying Bangladeshi Muslims never heard of it. Most Bangladeshis do not have relatives in West Bengal or have their ancestral village in W.Bengal or decided to relocate during partition time. These kind of things are popular in erstwhile punjab.

Bengali Muslims have always been in E.Bengal since the advent of Islam.

Not true. We have relatives in wb kolkata and Murshidabad. And some sylhetis have in Assam. And I know many Muslims who migrated from WB and Assam. They relocated slowly in these many years.
The Partition and the Muslim Minorities of West Bengal, 1947-1967

I don't know personally of any Bangladeshi that has relatives in India or who moved to Bangladesh from India. However, I have no doubt some will have crossed into Bangladesh from WB in 1947 (with Hindus going the other way).

I don't know personally of any Bangladeshi that has relatives in India or who moved to Bangladesh from India. However, I have no doubt some will have crossed into Bangladesh from WB in 1947 (with Hindus going the other way).

It happened on a way smaller scale. Most Bangladeshi Muslims and their families have been in East Bengal since day one.

There is a low intensity but constant persecution of Hindus in Bangladesh, especially in rural areas. These things don't get reported in media, most urban Bangladeshis don't even get to know about it, but it is very effective in driving out the Hindus from Bangladesh. I know too many Bangladeshi Hindus who came over here to confirm this. There is a deep rooted sense of insecurity among the minorities of Bangladesh. Do you know lakhs of Chakmas have migrated to parts of north-east India (some 50000 are in Arunachal Pradesh itself) from CHT of Bangladesh because of this persecution? It barely got reported.

Bangladesh probably has more mullahs than seculars! Besides, seculars are individuals, but the organizations like Jamat or HeI work as organized groups to brainwash common less educated villagers against the minorities! Greed is another factor, one can get the land by driving out Hindus, as simple as that!

There are too many like him here, stay in this forum for some time and you will know! :(

I am aware of the vast difference in the quality of life between the rural and the urban populations. The main problem I believe, is their lack of a standardized education. These things don't happen that often in the urban areas. Chakmas in urban places seem to be doing fine from what I have seen, though I admit that's not really a good source. Anyway, I do believe that you are wrong that we have more mullahs than seculars, the former just gets more attention than the other and is more vocal.

I am aware of the vast difference in the quality of life between the rural and the urban populations. The main problem I believe, is their lack of a standardized education. These things don't happen that often in the urban areas. Chakmas in urban places seem to be doing fine from what I have seen, though I admit that's not really a good source. Anyway, I do believe that you are wrong that we have more mullahs than seculars, the former just gets more attention than the other and is more vocal.

The problem is that mullahs, extremists or just plain local gundas or mafias work in organized groups, whereas the ordinary good people are unorganized individuals, and that's why they can have control over a larger population in spite of their smaller numbers, that's why handful of bad people can run a large mafia and extortion racket.

In case of religious extremists, just imagine 20-30 of them attacking a minority's house in a locality of 100 ordinary innocent Muslim families, will they dare to come out and protest or drive away the extremists even if they feel really bad about it? When the bloggers were hacked on the road, did anybody dared to fight the killers? Good people are helpless individuals everywhere, so a small extremist group can become deadly. Unfortunately extremism seems to be growing in Bangladesh.

Hindu baniya Investment in 1971 hasn't gone in vain...

But Zinhas Investment has paid off. Hindus reduced to 1% from 21% in Pakistan and 7% from 31% in Bangladesh. Well dome M Zinha.

In actual fact the minuscule Hindu high cast is pressurizing the mainstream Bengali Muslims aided by Gopali-Faridpuris and supported by Bharat.

We don't want anything to do with India. As a matter of fact, if the mods can close the Bangladesh section of the forum it will be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom