What's new

Hindi Urdu differences

urdu n farsi was south asians elite muslims language. Jinnah wanted 1 language for the country for better communication.

personally i think we should have accepted both urdu n bengali as our language.

British introduced Urdu in Punjab, so Punjabis had no problem with Urdu.

you obviously dont know _hit. real ghalib/iqbal urdu is very different from Sanskrit hindi. Though like many other languages, Urdu of today has been corrupted with other languages, especially hindi, so today they are very similar, though urdu still has a edge because of it's strong vocabulary and expressions. Urdu is still a much superior language, that's why Bollywood is forced to use Urdu words instead of pure hindi words

We don't go around speaking pure Urdu or pure Hindi in North India, the language spoken is always simple.

you obviously dont know _hit. real ghalib/iqbal urdu is very different from Sanskrit hindi. Though like many other languages, Urdu of today has been corrupted with other languages, especially hindi, so today they are very similar, though urdu still has a edge because of it's strong vocabulary and expressions. Urdu is still a much superior language, that's why Bollywood is forced to use Urdu words instead of pure hindi words[/QUOTE]
Wrong forum .. Stupid & Funny section perhaps ?

Is Bollywood an indicator for ' superior' languages ..even for Pakistanis ??

To begin with there were very few Hindu writers hence the bias towards urdu. In any case urdu is nice sounding language so there is nothing wrong in using words which convey so much in so few.

Wrong forum .. Stupid & Funny section perhaps ?

Is Bollywood an indicator for ' superior' languages ..even for Pakistanis ??

To begin with there were very few Hindu writers hence the bias towards urdu. In any case urdu is nice sounding language so there is nothing wrong in using words which convey so much in so few.

I have noticed most of the Pakistanis don't have much idea about the history of their national language. Their knowledge about Urdu is not more than the Bookish Urdu they study in school.

Lot Of Brain Farts in ur post,,
Correctly shows u have no idea about the language,,,& u have rightly said so...

Hindi is written in "Devnagari script so is Sanskrit ...

Forget about Hindi Urdu ,,atleast know ur own language,,,
Its not Devnagri( your so called sanskrit) Bengali script is "Abugida".....mix of Devnagari & Gurumukhi to some extent

According to Wiki Sanskrit has no native script.Different scripts were used to write Sanskrit in different regions.Devnagari was widely used to write Sanskrit but people of Bengal used Bangla lipi to write Sanskrit.Devnagari became the de facto Sanskrit alphabet in the 19th century.Sanskrit in its original form has no script(it was oral).Writting was introduced to India after well after Sanskrit had evolved to Prakrit.The earliest known Sanskrit text is written in Brahmi script which is the original script of Prakrit.

I am saying that most Indians do not speak Hindi like that (the type spoken in the first video. most Indians speak Hindustani, which is much more Urdu & very less Hindi), so yes, many Indians wouldn't really be able to understand many of the things being said in the first video.

agree pure Hindi no buddy speak and can't understand .......neither pure urdu is easy to understand....................it is mix which masses speak and understand..........

British introduced Urdu in Punjab, so Punjabis had no problem with Urdu.

punjabi bengali urdu hindi these are similar kind of languages. u have no idea how many BDians can speak urdu jus

by watching some hindi movies. before 47 only elite punjabis used to speak urdu as well elite bengali muslims

Urdu is product of Persian language (used by Parsis) and Hindi Language (Used by Hindus).. Its originated at India, Its Indian Language..

Just like many other language in India ,Urdu is also an Indian language..

100-200 years down the line the two languages will be virtually identical to each other.They will become the same language using different scripts.

One thing is good, that I understand , Bengali being my mother tongue, Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi to some extent, hence can communicate with all, Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. :D

I opened this thread for script comparison a while ago:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-defence-industry/62481-devanagari-hindi-script.html

-
-
-

-
-
-

For difference in spoken urdu & hindi watch this movie from 0:47:41+

@ 0:48:15+ they tell each other that one was speaking urdu & other is hindi...

-

Bawarchi - Rajesh Khanna & Jaya Bhaduri - Bollwyood All Time Hit Movies - Full Length High Quality - YouTube

I'd like to know how much Indians can understand the Hindi being used here (as a form of percent %):

Similarly, this video is pure Urdu being used here, & I have a feeling Pakistanis would have a better understanding of it than Indians would:

Thanks.

I can understand both 100%
I am a native Urdu speaker but my Hindi is as good as Urdu.

Last edited by a moderator:
100-200 years down the line the two languages will be virtually identical to each other.They will become the same language using different scripts.

From the spoken POV maybe but the scripts are totally different.

Languages too like everything else must evolve to stay current or else shall meet the fate of Latin & Sanskrit.

From the spoken POV maybe but the scripts are totally different.

Languages too like everything else must evolve to stay current or else shall meet the fate of Latin & Sanskrit.

Do scripts actually have much effect on grammar and structure??....Turks can answer that...they switched from Arabic to Latin script!In the end spoken language is what matters.We had two different types of Bengali...Sadhu(written) and Cholito/Chalit(spoken).....Cholito won and Sadhu died out! @Neptune Did your language change when you switched scripts?Do you have problems reading books from the Arabic-script era?

Last edited by a moderator:
I opened this thread for script comparison a while ago:
It's URDU what is being called hindi, while actual "HINDI" is different language

Khariboli exists since 9th century before any language named Urdu or Hindi ever existed.

Khariboli of Western Hindi is the standardized dialect for Hindi while Brajbhasha, Awadhi are also used for poetry purpose. In Hindi there are 5 families of Dialect.

Eastern:- Awadhi, Chattisgadhi etc.
Western:- Khariboli, Brajbhasha etc.
Rajasthani:-Marwari, Mewati etc.
Bihari- Bhojpuri, Magahi etc.
Pahari- Gadhwali, Kumaoni etc.

In South there is another dialect of Urdu called Deccani.

Back
Top Bottom