What's new

Hindi Urdu differences

First video : 0%

second video : 2% (kalima, jannat)

Can you just get to the point and tell us what you're trying to show here?

But a couple of your fellow Indian members here said they understood the first video (in pure Hindi) 100%.

They said they understand the words in the first video.r u saying if some one understands that video, he is a scholar in hindi?

Even i understood the whole of the first video.But it does not mean i understand every word in pure hindi.
For eg: i was listening to the song "Nayan tarse" from Dev D.I was stumped at 'bisar gaye' and etc..

They said they understand the words in the first video.r u saying if some one understands that video, he is a scholar in hindi?

I am saying that most Indians do not speak Hindi like that (the type spoken in the first video. most Indians speak Hindustani, which is much more Urdu & very less Hindi), so yes, many Indians wouldn't really be able to understand many of the things being said in the first video.

Maybe you should stay away from this thread if you don't get the point?

You won't see me commenting on a lot of India/Pakistan threads, I'm mostly on members club and world affairs.

But I'm curious about this. Every Indian is giving a different percentage. What's your conclusion of this? Aware me.

PS : Just saw your reply above, thanks.

I am saying that most Indians do not speak Hindi like that (the type spoken in the first video. most Indians speak Hindustani, which is much more Urdu & very less Hindi), so yes, many Indians wouldn't really be able to understand many of the things being said in the first video.

Most Indians speak Hinglish.

Hinglish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you are talking of pure Hindi then i would say that even the majority of Hindus dont speak pure Hindi.

Our Language is a mixture of English,Urdu and Hindi..and most people wont even know which words they regularly use are Urdu words but there are many.

Most Indians speak Hinglish.

Hinglish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you are talking of pure Hindi then i would say that even the majority of Hindus dont speak pure Hindi.

Our Language is a mixture of English,Urdu and Hindi..and most people wont even know which words they regularly use are Urdu words but there are many.

If most Indians speak Hinglish, then they wouldn't be able to understand most of either the first or second video. But that doesn't seem to be the case on this thread.

If most Indians speak Hinglish, then they wouldn't be able to understand most of either the first or second video. But that doesn't seem to be the case on this thread.

Internet and real world are different..you are meeting educated people here who have studied Hindi and some like "third eye' are from UP where people know Hindi and Urdu equally well.

most of the indians can speak their mother tongue,Hindi,English..so our conversations are mixture of all these languages...also many indians understand fourth language too..like marathi has resemblance gujrati,punjabi and bangla so i understand these language but i wont be able to communicate using these..

Do u understand what the first video was about?

it is from our great epic mahabharata.This book was written atleast 5000 yrs ago..It was written in Sanskrit from which most of the languages spoken in north india come from.Now u cant make a tv series in Sanskrit as no one will understand that. So the series was made in language which can be closest to Sanskrit but understood by audiences.Now ppl dont need to know pure hindi to understand that video.most hindi speakers will understand more than 50 % of that video.The words they dont know the meaning can be understood from the context of the scene.

it is like a Hollywood movie with Roman era background.They cant shoot the movie in latin as no one will understand but they dont use modern day English lingo either. Can u imagine saying "Beware the winds of march"? It will sound ridiculous. They use Shakespearean English which is not spoken on day to day basis..but ppl would be able to understand the scenes and it will not sound hilarious.

You won't see me commenting on a lot of India/Pakistan threads, I'm mostly on members club and world affairs.

But I'm curious about this. Every Indian is giving a different percentage. What's your conclusion of this? Aware me.

PS : Just saw your reply above, thanks.

the thing is the song of the second video will still be identified as a HINDI Song:woot:

but which is a misnomer .... It's URDU what is being called hindi, while actual "HINDI" is different language ...

"Modern Hindi is mutually intelligible with the alternative register of the Hindustani language called Urdu."
-
-
"Hindi" in the narrow sense of Standard Hindi is a standardized register of one of the Central Zone dialects variously called Khari boli, Hindustani, Hindawi, or Urdu."

-
-

Actually not true. Hindi is not standardised across the whole country, so what passes off as Hindi can vary from place to place. W.r.t your question, I can pretty much follow both even if all the words being used are not a part of my vocabulary. I may differ from many others in the forum since Hindi isn't my mother tongue and all I know was picked up at school or the movies & real life. The first video is possible if you have studied Hindi at school & the second though social contact & movies.

Back
Top Bottom