What's new

Hindi Urdu differences

Do u understand what the first video was about?

Word by word, not much at all. Hardly 5% I would say. I can make certain educated deductions, but that's about it, as I haven't been educated in Shudh Hindi, although I consider myself pretty decent at understanding it, watching Doordarshan & listening to certain Indian politicians speak. The second video, I can pretty much understand all of it word for word, without making almost any deductions, because I have studied Urdu poetry before, & most Pakistanis in public schools do. Private kids think they're "too cool" for all that.

isn't this ajuba that we Indians (in north) can not understand the language of other Indians (in South) but are able to understand the language of nation which is politically enemy to us???
is it good or bad? i dont know

I am very confused with Hindi and Urdu. I can't differentiate between these two languages from each other. I sometime wonder why there should be a Muslim version of a Sanskrit language. Why do everything needs to be in Arabic letters to make it holy and Islamic? Every language is holy and every language is from Allah. Even Pakistani rulers wanted to change the alphabets of Bangla language with Arabic script to make it halal language but Bengalis refused to do it. Hindi-Urdu same language. just Hindi is written in Sanskrit script and Urdu is written in Arabic script. There may be difference in accent but Hindi-Urdu is same language. Bangla is a sanskrit language. Bangla spoken in West Bengal is slightly different in accent than in Bangladesh but the language is same. Few words are different. In Bangladesh Pepper is called 'Morich' and in West Bengal Pepper is called 'Longka'. Coconut is called 'Narikel' in BD and in India Coconut is called 'Narkol'. Boat is called 'NoukA' in BD and in India Boat is called 'NoukO'

Water is called 'Jol' in India and in Bangladesh it is called 'Pani' which is actually Hindi word for Water but it has become a Bangla word in BD.

I am still not clear about the difference between Hindi and Urdu. They both sound same, the grammar is same. What's the difference? There needs to a significant difference to call a language different from another otherwise it can't be called different language.

I am very confused with Hindi and Urdu. I can't differentiate between two language from each other. I sometime wonder why there should be a Muslim version of a Sanskrit language. Why do everything needs to be in Arabic letters to make it holy and Islamic? Every language is holy and every language is from Allah. Even Pakistani rulers wanted to change the alphabets of Bangla language with Arabic script to make it halal language but Bengalis refused to do it. Hindi-Urdu same language. just Hindi is written in Sanskrit script and Urdu is written in Arabic script. There may be difference in accent but Hindi-Urdu is same language. Bangla is a sanskrit language. Bangla spoken in West Bengal is slightly different in accent than in Bangladesh but the language is same. Few words are different. Like in Bangladesh Pepper is called Morich and in West Bengal Pepper is called Longka. Boat is called 'NoukA' in BD and in India Boat is called 'NoukO'. Water is called 'Jol' in India and in Bangladesh it is called 'Pani' which is actually Hindi word for Water but it has become a Bangla word in BD.

I am still not clear about the difference between Hindi and Urdu. They both sound same, the grammar is same. What's the difference? There needs to a significant difference to call a language different from another otherwise it can't be called different language.

Urdu has swag.
Oh yeah, and hindi has shwag

Who told u Urdu is the language of Enemy Nation,,,??

Some time back the Enemy nation was a part of India..

So urdu language did not generate in today's Enemy State.

No 1 can claim the patent ,,,Chill.

isn't this ajuba that we Indians (in north) can not understand the language of other Indians (in South) but are able to understand the language of nation which is politically enemy to us???

Very few people in Pakistan have Urdu as their mother tongue. They even use the term "Urdu speakers" to mean mohajirs from Karachi(originally from UP Bihar).

Lot Of Brain Farts in ur post,,
Correctly shows u have no idea about the language,,,& u have rightly said so...

Hindi is written in "Devnagari script so is Sanskrit ...

Forget about Hindi Urdu ,,atleast know ur own language,,,
Its not Devnagri( your so called sanskrit) Bengali script is "Abugida".....mix of Devnagari & Gurumukhi to some extent

I am very confused with Hindi and Urdu. I can't differentiate between these two languages from each other. I sometime wonder why there should be a Muslim version of a Sanskrit language. Why do everything needs to be in Arabic letters to make it holy and Islamic? Every language is holy and every language is from Allah. Even Pakistani rulers wanted to change the alphabets of Bangla language with Arabic script to make it halal language but Bengalis refused to do it. Hindi-Urdu same language. just Hindi is written in Sanskrit script and Urdu is written in Arabic script. There may be difference in accent but Hindi-Urdu is same language. Bangla is a sanskrit language. Bangla spoken in West Bengal is slightly different in accent than in Bangladesh but the language is same. Few words are different. In Bangladesh Pepper is called 'Morich' and in West Bengal Pepper is called 'Longka'. Coconut is called 'Narikel' in BD and in India Coconut is called 'Narkol'. Boat is called 'NoukA' in BD and in India Boat is called 'NoukO'

Water is called 'Jol' in India and in Bangladesh it is called 'Pani' which is actually Hindi word for Water but it has become a Bangla word in BD.

No Idea Bro,,

Its a debatable topic,,,,

1 Thing for sure its a "Hindustani" Language :)

It originated in Uttar Pradesh, you may have read about 5 major groups of dialects of Hindi/Urdu in school. British introduced Urdu in Punjab

Lot Of Brain Farts in ur post,,
Correctly shows u have no idea about the language,,,& u have rightly said so...

Hindi is written in "Devnagari script so is Sanskrit ...

Forget about Hindi Urdu ,,atleast know ur own language,,,
Its not Devnagri( your so called sanskrit) Bengali script is "Abugida".....mix of Devnagari & Gurumukhi to some extent

Bengali / Bangla is Sanskritized language.

Very few people in Pakistan have Urdu as their mother tongue. They even use the term "Urdu speakers" to mean mohajirs from Karachi(originally from UP Bihar).

Yet Jinnah wanted Urdu as a sole state language in both parts of Pakistan. Why did he even dare to order all the schools in East Pakistan to make it mandatory to teach Urdu and also use it in media in Bengal? Didn't he know that 99% East Pakistanis' mother tongue is Bengali?

Yet Jinnah wanted Urdu as a sole state language in both parts of Pakistan. Why did he even dare to order all the schools in East Pakistan to make it mandatory to teach Urdu and also use it in media in Bengal? Didn't he know that 99% East Pakistanis' mother tongue is Bengali?

urdu n farsi was south asians elite muslims language. Jinnah wanted 1 language for the country for better communication.

personally i think we should have accepted both urdu n bengali as our language.

you obviously dont know _hit. real ghalib/iqbal urdu is very different from Sanskrit hindi. Though like many other languages, Urdu of today has been corrupted with other languages, especially hindi, so today they are very similar, though urdu still has a edge because of it's strong vocabulary and expressions. Urdu is still a much superior language, that's why Bollywood is forced to use Urdu words instead of pure hindi words

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom