What's new

Hindi Urdu differences

Yeah but that's just normal Hindi and not like a classification.

Well most Hindi spoken is mix of Marathi and Konkani...Well I have lived in Karnataka for close to 20 years...so thr is a bit of everything in the Hindi which is spoken...Also the Hindi spoken is in South Indian accent...so that surely classifies...:D

Well most Hindi spoken is mix of Marathi and Konkani...Well I have lived in Karnataka for close to 20 years...so thr is a bit of everything in the Hindi which is spoken...Also the Hindi spoken is in South Indian accent...so that surely classifies...:D

Well I know mangalorean and Goan people,they just speak Bollywood Hindi and what they learnt in school unlike native speakers.

This wikipedia article has now been edited. The statement that I quoted has been removed.

I opened this thread for script comparison a while ago:
Devanagari (Hindi) Script
For difference in spoken urdu & hindi watch this movie from 0:47:41+

@ 0:48:15+ they tell each other that one was speaking urdu & other is hindi...

-

Bawarchi - Rajesh Khanna & Jaya Bhaduri - Bollwyood All Time Hit Movies - Full Length High Quality - YouTube

Khariboli exists since 9th century before any language named Urdu or Hindi ever existed.

Khariboli of Western Hindi is the standardized dialect for Hindi while Brajbhasha, Awadhi are also used for poetry purpose. In Hindi there are 5 families of Dialect.

Eastern:- Awadhi, Chattisgadhi etc.
Western:- Khariboli, Brajbhasha etc.
Rajasthani:-Marwari, Mewati etc.
Bihari- Bhojpuri, Magahi etc.
Pahari- Gadhwali, Kumaoni etc.

In South there is another dialect of Urdu called Deccani.
Found two more old indian movies where this language has been called "Urdu", which is now falsely being called as "Hindi".

First movie was “Bawarchi” link given in my post above. Watch at 0:47:41+.
Two of them using Urdu and Hindi, & commending each other for speaking pure(Shudh) urdu and pure(Khaaliss) hindi well.
youtube.com/watch?v=hpwMpo6gbnM

Second Movie “Aan Milo Sajnaat 1:43:00+ hunter calls it ”Urdu” talking to his son. = "Shaer Tera Baap Lagta Haay Joo Tujh Saay Urdu Mai Baat Keray Gaa"

youtube.com/watch?v=N2d619ZuIw0

Third movie: “Aye Din Bahar Key@ 00:12:20 Dharminder asked to teach “Hindi” to a “Asha Paraikh” bcoz her "Hindi" was weak... Then he practices “pure” hindi. Lady talks back in "Urdu". How many Indians use that actual hindi language?.

youtube.com/watch?v=8AM84cafBlw

Last edited:
Found two more old indian movies where this language has been called "Urdu", which is now falsely being called as "Hindi".

First movie was “Bawarchi” link given in my post above. Watch at 0:47:41+.
Two of them using Urdu and Hindi, & commending each other for speaking pure(Shudh) urdu and pure(Khaaliss) hindi well.
youtube.com/watch?v=hpwMpo6gbnM

Second Movie “Aan Milo Sajnaat 1:43:00+ hunter calls it ”Urdu” talking to his son. = "Shaer Tera Baap Lagta Haay Joo Tujh Saay Urdu Mai Baat Keray Gaa"

youtube.com/watch?v=N2d619ZuIw0

Third movie: “Aye Din Bahar Key@ 00:12:20 Dharminder asked to teach “Hindi” to a “Asha Paraikh” bcoz her "Hindi" was weak... Then he practices “pure” hindi. Lady talks back in "Urdu". How many Indians use that actual hindi language?.

youtube.com/watch?v=8AM84cafBlw

You have theories which is not true. :laugh:

I have been reading this thread to understand the difference between the two language.
The best I came up with is in my few( as a non Urdu/Hindi speaking person) is how I hear it.from dialog to dialect to words and phonics.
Your national anthem is the best example out there.same goes for india as well.one is in pure Hindi ,the other is in pure Urdu.
What do you think?

Sagi behno ka rishta hai jo urdu aur hindi main
kahin duniya ki do zinda zubano main nahi milta

Hindi and Urdu is the same language. Hindustani when written in devnagri script it is Hindi and in Nastaliq script it is Urdu.

They have same grammar formations, but each have developed new vocabulary .Hindi has some words derived from Sanskrit and Urdu has some words of Arabic and Persian origin.

Back
Top Bottom