What's new

Hindi Urdu differences

I am saying that most Indians do not speak Hindi like that (the type spoken in the first video. most Indians speak Hindustani, which is much more Urdu & very less Hindi), so yes, many Indians wouldn't really be able to understand many of the things being said in the first video.

Its not that...The Hindi spoken in Mumbai or Pune is mixed of Marathi, Gujarati, konkani and a bit of Urdu its more like Mumbaiya Hindi because the majority population is marathi and gujarati...

In Delhi - Hindi spoken here is influence of Punjabi and Urdu, so the hindi spon sounds very different from from Mumbaiya Hindi...

Most of Hindi Spoken in North is also a mix of Urdu...Not complete Urdu...States include U.P

Bihari Hindi - Hindi mixed with other languages like bhojpuri and Maithili...

South Indian Hindi is mix up south Indian Languages as well as, Marathi, and Konkani...

In Gujarat and Rajasthan states Hindi vocally sounds different as well the local languages influences Hindi...

So Hindi varies with every state you visit...and other languages play an influential role...

No. We don't need to change our Bengali to please Saudi Arabian. They can include Bengali since there are millions of Bengalis (Bangladesh, India) go for Hajj in Saudi Arabia.

If we Bangladeshis can arrange the second largest Muslim pilgrimage (Ijtema) after Hajj with Bengali, Urdu, Arabic, English texts to guide people they can also include Bengali texts to guide Bengalis. I know Arabs are not superior to other ethnic groups in Islam but is Arabic superior to other languages? Personally for me Bengali language is more superior than any other language since its my mother tongue but I respect all other languages.

Btw, Is Arabic a sacred language? Suppose I am just reading a poem in Arabic. Will it be considered holy poem due to Arabic text? I think not . So there should not be any problem using non Arabic script.

because its the language of Quran genius thats why. not a single language is special. we use language just

2 communicate with people. i want 2 learn more languages. if u migrate 2 some western country for money ur

childrens gonna speak good english not bengali. dont cry for the language.

Btw, Is Arabic a sacred language? Suppose I am just reading a poem in Arabic. Will it be considered holy poem due to Arabic text? I think not . So there should not be any problem using non Arabic script.
No, the text that is in Quran is holy, not the entire arabic language.

Its not that...The Hindi spoken in Mumbai or Pune is mixed of Marathi, Gujarati, konkani and a bit of Urdu its more like Mumbaiya Hindi because the majority population is marathi and gujarati...

In Delhi - Hindi spoken here is influence of Punjabi and Urdu, so the hindi spon sounds very different from from Mumbaiya Hindi...

Most of Hindi Spoken in North is also a mix of Urdu...Not complete Urdu...States include U.P

Bihari Hindi - Hindi mixed with other languages like bhojpuri and Maithili...

South Indian Hindi is mix up south Indian Languages as well as, Marathi, and Konkani...

In Gujarat and Rajasthan states Hindi vocally sounds different as well the local languages influences Hindi...

So Hindi varies with every state you visit...and other languages play an influential role...

There is no south Indian Hindi only Hyderabadi Dakhani urdu.

There is no south Indian Hindi only Hyderabadi Dakhani urdu.

You do have people speaking Hindi in the south, specially Karnataka, cities include Mangalore and other south Konkan areas...

No, the text that is in Quran is holy, not the entire arabic language.

If I translate the Quran in any other language will it be accepted or it is haram to do it? Bible has many versions in several languages but Quran is only in Arabic version. I know Arabic is the original version but if someone just publish entire Quran in English is it haram? There are many Muslims who just read the Arabic without understanding a single sentence of it.

Pakistani leaders first attacked the Bengali language by making attempts to write Bengali in Arabic script. I don't get why Pakistani rulers thought Arabic is a sacred language and every language must in Arabic script.

In the year 1949 Central Government granted taka 35000 in the adult teaching sector. They doubled the amount in the next year and the whole amount was used up in the effort of teaching Bengali through Arabic script. They circulated all the books regarding this programme at free of cost. Moreover, Government also declared that authors of the Bengali books in Arabic script will be rewarded.

Conspiracy to implement Arabic script in Bengali

After years of conflict, the central government relented and granted official status to the Bengali language in 1956.

In 1999, UNESCO declared 21 February as International Mother Language Day, in tribute to the Bengali Language Movement and the ethno-linguistic rights of people around the world.

Bengali Language Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No Quaid was not right. Pakistan's eastern wing had 99% Bengalis whereas Western wing had many ethnic groups. Making a language of Western part a language for the east was not right.

Well, shouldn't we be glad were are not associated and/or regarded as one country! I'm very glad Pakistan has nothing to do with Bangladesh!

Well, shouldn't we be glad were are not associated and/or regarded as one country! I'm very glad Pakistan has nothing to do with Bangladesh!

I am also glad. Bangladesh should not have been a part of Pakistan at any point of time. The British could have divided India into three parts , not two.

you obviously dont know _hit. real ghalib/iqbal urdu is very different from Sanskrit hindi. Though like many other languages, Urdu of today has been corrupted with other languages, especially hindi, so today they are very similar, though urdu still has a edge because of it's strong vocabulary and expressions. Urdu is still a much superior language, that's why Bollywood is forced to use Urdu words instead of pure hindi words

To be honest with you any language cant be superior or inferior to any one, it is the mentality of person. Secondly, Urdu is also an Indian language which was evolved in my home state of Uttar Pradesh. Pakistanies were forced to abandon their own language of sindhi, baluchi, punjabi and forced to adopt Indian language of Urdu.

Though bollywood uses hindi(which you feel it is urdu), I believe there is no harm in using ones own language. Bollywood is not using any foriegn language even if it uses Urdu. Urdu is also our language.

Now, stop being shameless and decide which is your language

Though bollywood uses hindi(which you feel it is urdu), I believe there is no harm in using ones own language. Bollywood is not using any foriegn language even if it uses Urdu. Urdu is also our language.

Now, stop being shameless and decide which is your language
song lyrics and many cinemas especially in the 60s 70s 80s have Urdu as the language. actually, it is in the 90s that Hindi cinema actually started speaking Hindi. we must be glad that atleast the language can be understandable now. what will you understand when you have lyrics like "Zihaal e miskin mukon ba ranjish bahaal e hijra bechara dil hei"(Gulzar adopting Amir Khusro's poem).

کبھی تم نے جانا کبھی تم نے سوچا؟
لِماذا انتَشرْ كلّ هذا الخراب؟
لماذا انفلق قمر دين السلام؟
جدا ہم ہوئے کیوں مجھے دو جواب
“قرآں ربّ وکعبہ نبی اک مسلماں
ہیں دو” (إنَّ هذا لشيءٌ عُجاب)

This is short poem is written by a Pakistani in KSA in Arabic and Urdu. The writer has Arabic as a major from KSA and was born and brought up in KSA اللغة الأردية، النشأة والتاريخ..

A mix of Arabic and Urdu. Can Hindi do that? :D

Bhatti is an Arabic name?

Back
Top Bottom