What's new

Head of Sri Lankan Buddhist group calls on Modi to rule India like Ashoka

Very good point. :tup:

In China, Buddhism/Confucianism/Taoism were all practiced alongside each other and merged with the native culture. These philosophies are not necessarily mutually exclusive in practice.

You are mixing layman belief system with developed philosophical system. Philosophically these religions stand in extreme opposites. e.g the concept of Taoist Yin and Yan, ancestor worship etc don't exist in Buddhism. Buddha rejected the Hindu's highest authority - Vedas

Why is it called Sri Lanka? Why Sri? We remember when it was Lanka, but how did she gain shri title?

You are mixing layman belief system with developed philosophical system. Philosophically these religions stand in extreme opposites. e.g the concept of Taoist Yin and Yan, ancestor worship etc don't exist in Buddhism. Buddha rejected the Hindu's highest authority - Vedas

You need to brush up your basics mate.

This is a common crap spread around the internet by cultural marxists.

That's why I said, come clean as to who you are. You are not even a part of India or Indian culture. Please don't confuse your identity.

See, you need to understand something. 'Religion' is not an Indian concept. It is an Abrahamic concept originating in the sandy deserts of Arabia with the old testament. The concept of Dharma is different from religion but because the Christian British couldn't understand what it meant, they categorized it as religion.

Today since we follow British given systems, we are called 'religions'. People have been brainwashed into believing that we are 'different religions' and the whole 'unity in diversity' concept. It was a divide and rule policy that the Nehru dynasty inherited from their foreign masters and implemented in our education system.

Dharma is like a tree. With different branches, Hindus, us, Sikhs and Jains follow paths that they feel right from the core of our culture.

It is like imagine the foreigners saying that 'Shaivite' is a different religion from 'Vaishnav' in you guys. Imagine if they had broken it down that way.

Since they couldn't do that, they separated us on broader pictures. We are no different from you. Our core learnings are very much a part of the wider Hindu philosophy. Unlike what Abrahamic and cultural marxists think, Dharma is not only worshipping Brahma, Vishnu or Shiv. It is deeper than that and has a teaching behind it.

That is what the many Buddhas (yes, there are many Buddhas and Siddhartha Gautama is technically not the first, just like Mahavira was not the first tritankara of Jains) taught humanity. Hindus call it Godhood is present within atma. We call it nirvana . Today, these concepts are seen differently but are essentially same. :)

Balance. Peace. Realization. Humility. Service. Honour. Courage. Kindness. Compassion. Dedication. These are our teachings.

Now tell me where and how you and we are different? Tell me, how are you, we and Sikhs different here? :)

I don't want to deviate any further but it is a deep philosophy which will take time to make you and many other fellow Indians here.

We Buddhists traditionally are not different from. Please don't call those Ambedkarite politicians as Buddhists. They are nothing close to our faith. Traditionally, we were, we are and we will always be supportive of you people and with you Hindus.
Dude i am Buddhist....I was just pointing out to the @ExtraOdinary comment that Buddha is avatar of vishnu in Hindu that's y i said y we have to mix all things up when we can clearly see difference in praying and lifestyle(not talking about core values).

Oye a sad miah; some alleged "professional's" brains have got subsumed by absurd inanities. :lol:

Didn't this great religion of peace hand the Rohingya Muslims a battering in Myanmar?

What about Thai Buddhists?

Did you see the video I posted? Clearly there are huge similarities between Buddhism and Hinduism, since they come from the same Vedic philosophy.

I know all about reincarnation, karma, etc. My own family are Chinese Buddhists.

Just to add to your already filled bucket of knowledge :)

Lord Krishna, has ten incarnations, one of which is Buddha, earlier hindus considered buddha as one their lord's incarnation and showed the same devotions to him.

Its been said, and I will translate it to english for you when the lord described why he had to come in the form of Buddha.

"That it was on its heights when wide spread animal killing was ona rage, that the human mentality was on a path of vioilence, the mayhem of such a behaviour was leading to destruction, Lord came in the form of Buddha to spread peace"

Just to add to your already filled bucket of knowledge :)

Lord Krishna, has ten incarnations, one of which is Buddha, earlier hindus considered buddha as one their lord's incarnation and showed the same devotions to him.

Its been said, and I will translate it to english for you when the lord described why he had to come in the form of Buddha.

"That it was on its heights when wide spread animal killing was ona rage, that the human mentality was on a path of vioilence, the mayhem of such a behaviour was leading to destruction, Lord came in the form of Buddha to spread peace"

Lord Krishna? He was one of the incarnations, it is Vishnu who you should be referring to.

As far as how Buddha got to be an avatar of Vishnu, that's a story that simply doesn't fit the much later "clean up" of the story Completely opposite reason as cited by you actually.

Didn't this great religion of peace hand the Rohingya Muslims a battering in Myanmar?

What about Thai Buddhists?

If people do jihad, we cannot sit like wuss secoolars and take an ***-handing.

Retaliation is not as pathetic as how you secoolars think mate.

And I think we are losing the track of the main topic.

Indian folks, PLEASE GET BACK on track.

Lord Krishna? He was one of the incarnations, it is Vishnu who you should be referring to.

As far as how Buddha got to be an avatar of Vishnu, that's a story that simply doesn't fit the much later "clean up" of the story Completely opposite reason as cited by you actually.

Yes, my bad, Lord Vishnu, not Krishna.

Thats why I referred to "earlier" hindus. As far as ancient texts, marking in temples concerned, there is no denial that he was accepted as a God in hindu culture. A proof of which still evident, when you visit temples that are relatively older and from teh same point of time.

WTH are you serious man?......your statement may lead to the conclusion that what he did in his previous avatar gone lost in vain. Respect every religion don't always show them part of your religion while i believe nor Hinduism nor Buddhism are hostile towards each other.
Not every religion is perfect but yes we can learn from every religion to be a good human being.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom