What's new

Head of Sri Lankan Buddhist group calls on Modi to rule India like Ashoka

according to Hindu belief - the purpose of a incarnation is to re-establish their Vedic religion. Buddha , an atheist rejected the Vedas' authority, so Hindus fundamentalists need to reconcile these glaring contradictions before bestowing avatar-hood

Buddha is an avatar, just not Lord Buddha. There is a planet god called Budha that these hindus are confusing for the Gautama Buddha.

Budha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See, you need to understand something. 'Religion' is not an Indian concept. It is an Abrahamic concept originating in the sandy deserts of Arabia with the old testament. The concept of Dharma is different from religion but because the Christian British couldn't understand what it meant, they categorized it as religion.

Today since we follow British given systems, we are called 'religions'. People have been brainwashed into believing that we are 'different religions' and the whole 'unity in diversity' concept. It was a divide and rule policy that the Nehru dynasty inherited from their foreign masters and implemented in our education system.

Dharma is like a tree. With different branches, Hindus, us, Sikhs and Jains follow paths that they feel right from the core of our culture.

It is like imagine the foreigners saying that 'Shaivite' is a different religion from 'Vaishnav' in you guys. Imagine if they had broken it down that way.

Since they couldn't do that, they separated us on broader pictures. We are no different from you. Our core learnings are very much a part of the wider Hindu philosophy. Unlike what Abrahamic and cultural marxists think, Dharma is not only worshipping Brahma, Vishnu or Shiv. It is deeper than that and has a teaching behind it.

That is what the many Buddhas (yes, there are many Buddhas and Siddhartha Gautama is technically not the first, just like Mahavira was not the first tritankara of Jains) taught humanity. Hindus call it Godhood is present within atma. We call it nirvana . Today, these concepts are seen differently but are essentially same. :)

Balance. Peace. Realization. Humility. Service. Honour. Courage. Kindness. Compassion. Dedication. These are our teachings.

Now tell me where and how you and we are different? Tell me, how are you, we and Sikhs different here? :)

I don't want to deviate any further but it is a deep philosophy which will take time to make you and many other fellow Indians here.

We Buddhists traditionally are not different from. Please don't call those Ambedkarite politicians as Buddhists. They are nothing close to our faith. Traditionally, we were, we are and we will always be supportive of you people and with you Hindus.

Is this really you?!!!!

Buddha is an avatar, just not Lord Buddha. There is a planet god called Budha that these hindus are confusing for the Gautama Buddha.

it would be helpful if you can provide evidence from Hindu scripture, to support your claim , if not it just a speculation

Budha, a beautiful child, was born to Tara.Chandra claimed to be the father of Budha, but Tara kept silent. Budha himself got angry over this tussle and asked his mother to tell the truth. Tara said that Chandra was the father of Budha

Incorrect. Let not the prejudice blind you. You can refute the Vedas and still call yourself Hindu. The actual term is nastik - you can read about it on your own, if interested.

the discussion is not whether Buddha is Hindu but whether Buddha fit the so called incarnation myth , used by Hindutvas to bluff the world. Except for the priestly Brahmin class , the rest of Hindus don't follow the obsolete Vedas but their own concocted religion under the Hinduism banner

Last edited:
Is this really you?!!!!

Why? What is wrong in what I have said? You seem surprised as if this is the first time I have expressed my pride in our collective culture Joe?

We have had quite colourful discussions on this haven't we?

It seems you have not met traditional Buddhists of the mountains. We always believed this and we always believe it.

Why? What is wrong in what I have said? You seem surprised as if this is the first time I have expressed my pride in our collective culture Joe?

We have had quite colourful discussions on this haven't we?

It seems you have not met traditional Buddhists of the mountains. We always believed this and we always believe it.

@Tshering22

I apologise for being condescending, even dismissive, on earlier occasions.

This was an awesome post. I was blown away.

That is not to say that I agree in totality, but the fundamental integrity of the explanation was very fine. So, while I hope you rot in hell for your pro-Hindutva leanings, I hope that very respectfully, and mindful of your genuine grasp of this subject; most people tend to get it wrong.

Respect. But not agreement.

it would be helpful if you can provide evidence from Hindu scripture, to support your claim , if not it just a speculation

the discussion is not whether Buddha is Hindu but whether Buddha fit the so called incarnation myth , used by Hindutvas to bluff the world. Except for the priestly Brahmin class , the rest of Hindus don't follow the obsolete Vedas but their own concocted religion under the Hinduism banner
Damn the evil Brahmins. :sarcastic: The vilest of humanity, right? :D

It is a good call. We should annex sri lanka and establish a real democracy there !

It is a good call. We should annex sri lanka and establish a real democracy there !

Pfft.. You and which army ? :lol:

Request to the Mods.. You need to impose a minimum IQ level requirement to post here

Touche.. But bit difficult when this forum does have some morons that actually believe in that shit

An off topic question, but no one has given me an answer yet:

Where did the Sri in Sri Lanka come from?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom