What's new

Head of Sri Lankan Buddhist group calls on Modi to rule India like Ashoka

Why don't you convert to Buddhism of your ancestors and bring peace to your country??

Islam has failed to unite you guys.

Alas,as per Indian constitution this great religion of peace has been devoured Hinduism.

Last edited:
So in essence, he is asking Modi to become Buddhist?.
lol...if only u can see how funny u are.
Modi should convert to Islam and make India an Islamic state..that would be the best thing.
or he cud remain hindu and usher in a new age of prosperity for india, muslims and hindus alike.

Any source?

why you giving extraordinary statements?
Any source?

why you giving extraordinary statements?

Yes, Mohan Bhagwat phoned me. Said already dumped Netaji's Jai Hind and have adopted Bankim Chatterjee's highly anti-Muslim Bande Mataram nara. Jana gana mana of Tagore will also be replaced by something martial/forceful.

It is true. You cannot get it online without a little bias but you may have to read Hindu scriptures, My Hindu friends tell me about it.
Then y do we have two different religion? what is the difference in Buddha dharma and Hindu? I find it very confusing, the same god tells you to follow a religion called "Hindu" and the same god but in different awatar tells you to follow different religion called "Bhuddist"...why?
@ExtraOdinary

Yes, Mohan Bhagwat phoned me. Said already dumped Netaji's Jai Hind and have adopted Bankim Chatterjee's highly anti-Muslim Bande Mataram nara. Jana gana mana of Tagore will also be replaced by something martial/forceful.
Are you professional troll?:o::o:

Then y do we have two different religion? what is the difference in Buddha dharma and Hindu? I find it very confusing, the same god tells you to follow a religion called "Hindu" and the same god but in different awatar tells you to follow different religion called "Bhuddist"...why?
@ExtraOdinary

Why cant you follow/adapt the good things from both? It aint like the abrahamics where it's my way or the high way

Why cant you follow/adapt the good things from both?
when did i said i don't want to follow things from Hindu religion?........i think i have made myself clear before in this forum about this:coffee::coffee:....Bro,i am not offending anybody i am just asking why 2 different then?..all i want to say is try to respect every one's individual existence.

@ExtraOdinary

See, you need to understand something. 'Religion' is not an Indian concept. It is an Abrahamic concept originating in the sandy deserts of Arabia with the old testament. The concept of Dharma is different from religion but because the Christian British couldn't understand what it meant, they categorized it as religion.

Today since we follow British given systems, we are called 'religions'. People have been brainwashed into believing that we are 'different religions' and the whole 'unity in diversity' concept. It was a divide and rule policy that the Nehru dynasty inherited from their foreign masters and implemented in our education system.

Dharma is like a tree. With different branches, Hindus, us, Sikhs and Jains follow paths that they feel right from the core of our culture.

It is like imagine the foreigners saying that 'Shaivite' is a different religion from 'Vaishnav' in you guys. Imagine if they had broken it down that way.

Since they couldn't do that, they separated us on broader pictures. We are no different from you. Our core learnings are very much a part of the wider Hindu philosophy. Unlike what Abrahamic and cultural marxists think, Dharma is not only worshipping Brahma, Vishnu or Shiv. It is deeper than that and has a teaching behind it.

That is what the many Buddhas (yes, there are many Buddhas and Siddhartha Gautama is technically not the first, just like Mahavira was not the first tritankara of Jains) taught humanity. Hindus call it Godhood is present within atma. We call it nirvana . Today, these concepts are seen differently but are essentially same. :)

Balance. Peace. Realization. Humility. Service. Honour. Courage. Kindness. Compassion. Dedication. These are our teachings.

Now tell me where and how you and we are different? Tell me, how are you, we and Sikhs different here? :)

I don't want to deviate any further but it is a deep philosophy which will take time to make you and many other fellow Indians here.

We Buddhists traditionally are not different from. Please don't call those Ambedkarite politicians as Buddhists. They are nothing close to our faith. Traditionally, we were, we are and we will always be supportive of you people and with you Hindus.

We Buddhists traditionally are not different from. Please don't call those Ambedkarite politicians as Buddhists. They are nothing close to our faith. Traditionally, we were, we are and we will always be supportive of you people and with you Hindus.
There is no 'you' and 'us' with Budhists and Hindus and Jains.
We are the same.
As you rightly said, branches of the same tree cannot be called different trees.

Dharmic tree that is.

See, you need to understand something. 'Religion' is not an Indian concept. It is an Abrahamic concept originating in the sandy deserts of Arabia with the old testament. The concept of Dharma is different from religion but because the Christian British couldn't understand what it meant, they categorized it as religion.

Today since we follow British given systems, we are called 'religions'. People have been brainwashed into believing that we are 'different religions' and the whole 'unity in diversity' concept. It was a divide and rule policy that the Nehru dynasty inherited from their foreign masters and implemented in our education system.

Dharma is like a tree. With different branches, Hindus, us, Sikhs and Jains follow paths that they feel right from the core of our culture.

Very good point. :tup:

In China, Buddhism/Confucianism/Taoism were all practiced alongside each other and merged with the native culture. These philosophies are not necessarily mutually exclusive in practice.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom