What's new

Hawking: God did not create Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was just a famous poem..and Filim song.
i know belief of god came first..out of fear and helplessness.Men was sacred of lightning so it was a god..and so is wind..they find sun and moon powerful and helpful and extra ordinary so run too became..and almost every thing become a god. When our knowledge advanced we come to know all those thing..but still mistery and insecurity life and death,problems disease etc remained a question mark.
so we modernised our gods and religion.we have to keep it modern or else another modern god or religion will take over the current one.
and finally belief in god is not a bad thing at all it gives him courage,hope, Inspiration to do good things,etc. It requires a great amount of mental power to become an atheist.because he know he will have to handle every situation alone,there is no reward for good works,there is no punishment for bad behavior, but still he has to live a good life..do good things knowing there is no reward..only thing which leads him is morality. And finally to every body this is what is think about this issue..no offence to any body or religion..dont kill me for this..lol.

YAAAAAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOO BOY YOU GOTTTA DIE!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously, on what did you differ with me then? :undecided:

As a matter of fact..I didn't...so :wave:

This is hardcore philosophy which, my dear, is beyond your ken. And I always maintained that, didn't I?

I'm not saying you can't understand it. i'm saying you need a lot of time and reading to understand it.

There is nothing of substance in what you have written. Your replies too are evasive and not to the point. You know that it is a weak argument which is why you use the guise of hard-core philosophy.

Philosophy is based on rational arguments. What you are talking about is not philosophy.

There is nothing of substance in what you have written. Your replies too are evasive and not to the point. You know that it is a weak argument which is why you use the guise of hard-core philosophy.

Philosophy is based on rational arguments. What you are talking about is not philosophy.

Well I'm but a layman myself. I can only try my best. I only wrote to the best of my ability with whatever little knowldge I have acquired. How can my answers be perfect? :undecided:

For perfect answers you'll have to read those distinguished gentlemen I mentioned earlier.

In the meantime, let's agree to disagree :cheers:

Science can never be the know-all be-all all by itself.

Science and God will have to converge one day.

Scientists are already debating if the end of science is at hand.

Evidently, stephan hawking himself had predicted the finding of 'the theory of everything' about 20 years ago.

The search is still on.

Agreed.Science is a way to not a destiny in itself. If we had scientific proof of God's existence, we would talk about the "science of God" rather than "faith in God".

The path is long with many parameters to be considered before confidently rejecting faith once for all.

People do have faith in God but thing is that the do watch on both sides before they cross the road.I'll wait for hawking to deny faith on scientific terms.

Guys, I just sent a mail to Mr. Hawking asking him if he believed in god or not.

He's a very busy man so obviously will take a few days to reply. But as and when he does, I'll let you all know!
:cheers:

Once we had a debate in our class about 'how the universe was created?'
Although there were no conclusion as there were different minds.So our physics sir told us ''Muslims believe that the ALLAH(GOD) has created the universe,but nobody knows how it was created,so it could be possible that he created the way science told.''
AND YES I AGREE THAT SCIENCE ALWAYS GIVE'S LOGICAL THEORIES

Science can never be the know-all be-all all by itself.

Science and God will have to converge one day.

Scientists are already debating if the end of science is at hand.

Evidently, stephan hawking himself had predicted the finding of 'the theory of everything' about 20 years ago.

The search is still on.

Science does not answer every thing..todays truth may became tomorrows false also..Science does not say some thing is unchangeable (unlike religion)but i is better to belive with available support of evidence..
we didn't know that sun was a star..so to compensate our ignorance we mad it a god and become satisfied.But later science told us that sun is a star.This is best in the light of our best and availeable and current knowledge..tomorow if we get some knowledge against this we will update our selves.
like wise it is not necessary to fill the blank with imaginative god (again dont get agitated) we take knowledge when it comes with evidence.
some prefer to fill the unanswered questions with god some will keep it blank till we get an answer.

Guys, I just sent a mail to Mr. Hawking asking him if he believed in god or not.

He's a very busy man so obviously will take a few days to reply. But as and when he does, I'll let you all know!

The answer would be yes. He didn't say that god does not exists.
As for the creation of universe.. It's not just Hawking, there are many other great people who believe that evolution of universe can be proved scientifically.

First things first - this is a good Thread. Nice break from India-China nonsense going on for the last few days.

Coming to topic:-

Ultimately its just what about what you believe in.

Try thinking in this way:
Imagine all those days when you are down and out, when nothing goes according to your plans, you feel frustrated and defeated in life.

What do you do? - Do you close your eyes, kneel your head and join your hands and pray and hope that there is someone out there who will come from nowhere and solve all your problems, that someone who will bring your life back to track and give you all that you ever wished for.

Do you feel good when you pray? Do you feel an inner strength that gives you hope to live for another day and take your problems head on?

That's it. God has done his job. After all God is nothing but an invisible force of energy who gives you the zeal to live your life despite all the hardships.

Remember - We need God more than what God needs us!

It doesn't matter what Mr. Hawkings has to say, that's his opinion.

Belief and thinking cannot be outsourced, you gotta do it your self.

First things first - this is a good Thread. Nice break from India-China nonsense going on for the last few days.

Imagine all those days when you are down and out, when nothing goes according to your plans, you feel frustrated and defeated in life.

What do you do? - Do you close your eyes, kneel your head and join your hands and pray and hope that there is someone out there who will come from nowhere and solve all your problems, that someone who will bring your life back to track and give you all that you ever wished for.

Do you feel good when you pray? Do you feel an inner strength that gives you hope to live for another day and take your problems head on?

That's it. God has done his job. After all God is nothing but an invisible force of energy who gives you the zeal to live your life despite all the hardships.

Thanks a lot mate. You said IT! :cheers:

Till now this discussion was constructive..dont know What will happen when the other party comes..lol.

i agree though not fully.
you said ' god has done his job ' but i prefer to say ' BELIEFE IN GOD HAS DONE IT'S JOB ''
CHEERS..

I WONDER WHAT WILL Our MOD AGNOSTIC MUSLIM WILL SAY ABOUT THIS.

And i wonder what Stephan hawking will comment on the mutations occurring in gene encoding causing his paralysis ,don't say they were all spontaneous........:lol::lol:

Can you share his email with me here or if not kindly PM me.I have some questions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom