What's new

Hawking: God did not create Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with Professor Stephen Hawking. i am a educated person and i believe in science....religious theory was just created to keep the people in unity,their is no reality in it...

God is a metaphor for that which trancends all levels of intellectual thought. It's as simple as that. ---Joseph Campbell

Another documentary explaining the M theory & all

Last edited by a moderator:
Although i am a believer and believe in god, but i love the way we discusse thing on the internet. it has given us so much of freedom to think and dicusse freely and without any fear, had it been in our own countries in a face to face situation, we would never had discussed the issue without being labled different names or even killed.

Absolutely agree with Prof. Hawking.

Religion is a refuge for a weak mind.

Was Gandhi a weak mind? Evidently he was deeply religious.

Was Swami Vivekananda a weak mind? LOL Now don't say he wasn't religious.

Don't make sweeping generalizations which are untenable 9 times out of 10. :coffee:

P.S. By the way, in case you didn't notice, you got OWNED!:P

There is a huge list of "forces" that exist within physics that cause the universe to function as it does. Each item, if it deviated by a miniscule amount, would cause the universe to fly apart, or not exist. Things such as the attractive force between a proton and electron; weak and strong nuclear forces, magnetism, etc. Change any of them by some tiny amount, like 0.1%, and POOF, everything fails to exist.

I wish I could find this list, it makes one ponder - "ALL of these things are perfectly balanced and harmonious. What are the chances that they are what they are?" I look to stuff like this for God as much as the incredible complexity and beauty in nature.

It's odd that scientists tend to be (become) atheist. I was a chemist. The more and deeper we looked at the atom, at quantum mechanics, the more awesome it became, and the more convinced I was of God's presence.

What I find disappointing is what mankind has done with knowledge of Him. That to me is proof that mankind is flawed, and are in need of God.

I knew one atheist whose beatific vision (view of God and human destiny) was that "one day, we will live forever; we will transplant our brains into robot bodies." I couldn't help but laugh and said "no thanks, I'll pass." :woot:

I'm kind of confused.

The statement "God did not create universe" in itself means God does exist. It is a different matter that he/she chose to not create the universe.

There is a huge list of "forces" that exist within physics that cause the universe to function as it does. Each item, if it deviated by a miniscule amount, would cause the universe to fly apart, or not exist. Things such as the attractive force between a proton and electron; weak and strong nuclear forces, magnetism, etc. Change any of them by some tiny amount, like 0.1%, and POOF, everything fails to exist.

I wish I could find this list, it makes one ponder - "ALL of these things are perfectly balanced and harmonious. What are the chances that they are what they are?" I look to stuff like this for God as much as the incredible complexity and beauty in nature.

It's odd that scientists tend to be (become) atheist. I was a chemist. The more and deeper we looked at the atom, at quantum mechanics, the more awesome it became, and the more convinced I was of God's presence.

What I find disappointing is what mankind has done with knowledge of Him. That to me is proof that mankind is flawed, and are in need of God.

I knew one atheist whose beatific vision (view of God and human destiny) was that "one day, we will live forever; we will transplant our brains into robot bodies." I couldn't help but laugh and said "no thanks, I'll pass." :woot:
never believe word for word what a scientist says because scientists are like us with prejudices (some developed and some carried since birth) and their word is never final , tomorrow we might have a different theory negating the earlier one.

Was Gandhi a weak mind? Evidently he was deeply religious.

Was Swami Vivekananda a weak mind? LOL Now don't say he wasn't religious.

Don't make sweeping generalizations which are untenable 9 times out of 10. :coffee:

P.S. By the way, in case you didn't notice, you got OWNED!:P

i know vivekanand and gandhi ji was a strong mind and they was one of the intelligent person of the world but Hawking is know as world most brilliant person on the earth so if he said universe is not created by god , it's mean he must have some proof or logic of that....but gandhi ji and vivekanand never gave any logic or proof in the favor of religious theory.....:pop::pop:
how ever what the people are saying i don't care but i know the religious theories are loosing their shining because of it's unproven and imaginary theories.....

Lol God exists anything man made like hawking pathetic brain that he thinks with has a probabel burnt modueal FIX it RETARD . I mean science it self is theory the soo called math that is involved in science is not even accurate . How do you know the answer is right? This soo called human brain that we have shows me wounders of god i mean humans now say god dident creat the universe but they stll dont know how to cure deseases but theyy do know how to penalize god with great science. Live in your delutional wurld where you think you ancestor is a t rex :lol:

Simply excellent post! :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom