What's new

Hawking: God did not create Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun became a mass of hydrogen fusion, moon became a satellite, wind was caused by air pressure, and lighting by polarity can not proof that there is no God.

With the growth of since we've came to know that we eat foods and blood carries nutrients to my all cells from the foods - which does not proof that there is no GOD. Science tells us the secret does not meant there is no GOD. Then who made food, blood and who made the system that where blood supplies important things to the cells and who made the system where cells have to depend on food and blood to survive?

None of reasons you are giving do not prove God exists.

What you are doing is observing naturally occurring phenomenon and just attributing it to God (without any rational)

Very poor logic......... typical of theists

We try to ascribe a person form to God. May be God is the Supreme law only that governs the Universe and not someone who created everything intentionally like we create dolls..... Someone said " God is the short-cut answer to the our question about the Universe....."

According to our prominent books (like quran or bible) human came in earth in forms of Adam and Eve. But in school we read and write something else. Atleast the Talibs educated in Madrasah do not have to lead this dual life- balancing between science and religion...

Last edited:
Interesting debate going on.

I also found it hard to believe in god as i got to know more about the universe.

But i have a question....if there is no god...then what happens after death?...this is the question which i have been thinking about in the past few years...please share your views about this.

Then who made gravity?
I believe I did. Along with Newton. They dont call me a chick magnet for nothing.

Facepalm! Isnt that exactly what scientists are trying to understand? The difference is, scientists are working hard to try to understand these concepts, while others want to take an easy way out - through "faith". What an oxymoron!

Sun became a mass of hydrogen fusion, moon became a satellite, wind was caused by air pressure, and lighting by polarity can not proof that there is no God.

With the growth of since we've came to know that we eat foods and blood carries nutrients to my all cells from the foods - which does not proof that there is no GOD. Science tells us the secret does not meant there is no GOD. Then who made food, blood and who made the system that where blood supplies important things to the cells and who made the system where cells have to depend on food and blood to survive?

Conservation of mass, conservation of energy and conservation of momentum.

Interesting debate going on.

I also found it hard to believe in god as i got to know more about the universe.

But i have a question....if there is no god...then what happens after death?...this is the question which i have been thinking about in the past few years...please share your views about this.

Responses won't be based on 'science'. Science has its limitations.

And if you are still serious about your question, just google and you will find all sort of opinions based on religion.

There is no place for God in theories on the creation of the Universe, Professor Stephen Hawking has said.

He had previously argued belief in a creator was not incompatible with science but in a new book, he concludes the Big Bang was an inevitable consequence of the laws of physics.

The Grand Design, part serialised in the Times, says there is no need to invoke God to set the Universe going.

"Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something," he concluded.

'Planetary conditions'

In his new book, an extract of which appears in the Times, Britain's most famous physicist sets out to contest Sir Isaac Newton's belief that the universe must have been designed by God as it could not have sprung out of chaos.

Citing the 1992 discovery of a planet orbiting a star other than our Sun, he said: "That makes the coincidences of our planetary conditions - the single Sun, the lucky combination of Earth-Sun distance and solar mass - far less remarkable, and far less compelling as evidence that the Earth was carefully designed just to please us human beings."

He adds: "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing.

"Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.

"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

The book was co-written by US physicist Leonard Mlodinow and is published on 9 September.

In his 1988 bestseller, A Brief History of Time, Prof Hawking appeared to accept the role of God in the creation of the Universe.

"If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason - for then we should know the mind of God," he said.

BBC News - Stephen Hawking: God did not create Universe

Stephen Hawking: God did not create the Universe | Mail Online

What if he turns around, after say in a year or so, and say that God did create the Universe? Is everyone here who are so rejoicing with this news turn to believe in God or his hand in creation? Because I am quite optimistic that he will.

To all such people, let me present a small mind bender with regard to the creation of the universe or the being of the universe:

What is reality?
- If you can answer this question, you have won the argument.

If you cannot answer this question then you know only as much about this creation as an innocent cow, including Mr Hawkings, or anyone for that matter.

Responses won't be based on 'science'. Science has its limitations.

And if you are still serious about your question, just google and you will find all sort of opinions based on religion.

i know what religion say...i am asking this question to all those people who dont believe in religion or are finding it hard to believe in religion like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom