What's new

Hatf-IX - Tactical Multi-Tube Ballistic Missile

2480.jpg

Pakistan successfully conducted the 1st flight test of the newly developed Short Range Surface to Surface Multi Tube Ballistic Missile Hatf IX

why would India be really worried about a 60 km missile, it can be brought down by ABM as well as air defence units.

^ What was a retired Lieutenant General doing at the test ?

Why no other active army bigshot ?

Qidwai is the heading the Army Strategic Forces Command.....I think the user has to see what he will be using...this a bit smaller thing for Kiyani to come...

He's Director SPD, which is basically the mother dept responsible for the upkeep and planning involving all strategic weapon systems of Pakistan.

Oops sorry. I thought he has retired from active service.

why would India be really worried about a 60 km missile, it can be brought down by ABM as well as air defence units.

Pakistani scientists are not fools....it is not like the slow Prithvi.....I saw it on news,and I think it would be fast enough...on How low altitude can India intercept?

There you go guys.

2480.jpg

Woow...Wooow..... A pleasant surprise..... and that too out of the blue.... this will add a new dimension to the battlefield .... Never heard of such technology ever... may be i am short of knowledge on this issue... or may be its a breakthrough... which to me seems more likely... in any case... well done fellas.

Taimi,
I don't think it would be any dengerous... remember atomic Annie?? This is a tactical weapon... and so far seems very promising one... What i can think of it right now is that it can put an end to cold start strategy.... before one could think of putting it to test.

:pakistan:
Regards!

One more visual feature to notice is... the box shape tube....and not the ordinary circular ones... now many know the advantages of box shaped tubing over the circular ones.

About the box shaped tubing of NASR and circular tubing of photographed A-100 MRLS, here's Kanwa's complete article informing about the sale of this weapon system.

From the last paragraph:

In addition, China is now undertaking technological and structural upgrades of both the A-100 and AR-2 multi-rocket launch systems. These upgrades may include replacing their tube-shaped launchers with box-shaped launchers, as the former are much more expensive, cannot be quickly and easily reloaded and are more difficult to maintain. The similar AR-1 MLRS, which are fitted with box-shaped launchers, no longer require transloaders to load the rockets.
Source: UPIAsia

As for the range question, it might be a deliberate attempt to state a shorter range?

One more visual feature to notice is... the box shape tube....and not the ordinary circular ones... now many know the advantages of box shaped tubing over the circular ones.
I tell you it's a whole new ball game, you are not only talking nuclear warheads but cluster munitions the lot.
One of the best systems against troop concentrations and armoured regiments.

Another question:

Hatf 1: the 100km
Hatf 2: Abdali
Hatf 3:Ghaznavi
Hatf 4:Ghauri series
Hatf 5:Shaheen series
Hatf 6:???????
Hatf 7:Babur
Hatf 8:Ra'ad
Hatf 9:Nasr

What is Hatf 6??? any ideas about its name?

Back
Top Bottom