What's new

Hatf-IX - Tactical Multi-Tube Ballistic Missile

About the box shaped tubing of NASR and circular tubing of photographed A-100 MRLS, here's Kanwa's complete article informing about the sale of this weapon system.

From the last paragraph:

Source: UPIAsia

As for the range question, it might be a deliberate attempt to state a shorter range?

O bhai it is a local,new and indigenous system...why would Pakistan just attach a nuke to the A-100s,repaint it and fake the range?...and it is NOT a rocket,its a proper,guided Ballistic missile...

O bhai it is a local,new and indigenous system...why would Pakistan just attach a nuke to the A-100s,repaint it and fake the range?...and it is NOT a rocket,its a proper,guided Ballistic missile...

Err.... I am afraid to call it a ballistic missile given the fact that from the photos its quite evident that it will be following a flight trajectory that of a rocket and wont be fired completely vertically up and will not be leaving earth's atmosphere as well.

So its more of a rocket than a ballistic missile.

It can be called a guided missile but certainly not ballistic.

Shaheen II is Hatf 6.

Look the whole Ghauri series has been given the name Hatf 4.....why a separate name for Shaheen 2?...I believe it will be renamed and given Hatf 5B etc.....Hatf 6 is being kept for another long range ballistic missile...because Hatf 7 starts with cruise missiles...

Can somebody answer How many tubes are there in one Launcher Vehicle ?

One more visual feature to notice is... the box shape tube....and not the ordinary circular ones... now many know the advantages of box shaped tubing over the circular ones.

Can you please elaborate ?

Hatf 1 and Abdali are not fired vertically...why they are ballistic?

ARe u sure, the info from net shows that its fired vertically up at a deviation and not almost horizontal as todays system.

They are showing MRLS and calling them missiles which are nuclear capable. These are the pics shown by Pakistani friends.

Windjammer
2480.jpg

kursed
2i0bu2x.jpg

This is the Indian BM-21 Grad
U2142P27T1D634451F26DT20110224095303.jpg

ORD_GMLRS_Rocket_lg.jpg

Indian Smerch with max range of 90 KMs
smerch3.jpg

9a52smerch_04.jpg

All of the above rockets are non nuclear.

A sub kiloton nuclear warhead can be incorporated into any projectile with a caliber of 155 MM or more. No big deal.

As for the range question, it might be a deliberate attempt to state a shorter range?

i once talked to a person working in nescom. he said that achieving accuracy at shorter range is difficult (as far as ballistic missiles are concerned) because they have to first achieve a certain height and then within no time they have to descend.

so if they can hit a target 60 km away surely they can do go for 100, 150km

Taimi,
I don't think it would be any dengerous... remember atomic Annie?? This is a tactical weapon... and so far seems very promising one... What i can think of it right now is that it can put an end to cold start strategy.... before one could think of putting it to test.

:pakistan:
Regards!

Well its both dangerous as well as not. Dangerous if it gets hit by enemy fire, either from air or ground, and not if it survives and can reach its target with a nuke warhead. Plus, its not compulsory that it is gonna be used for just nukes, it can give us a good capability to deliver HE or other warheads further deeper into the enemy area. A-100 for deep strikes i-e 150KM or more and this weapon system for 70/80-100KM deep strikes and the 122mm for upto 40KM strikes.

Plus, this Nasr looks more like the Chinese WS-2 system, but may be a smaller version as the Box shaped launcher seems smaller compared to the WS-2. Here compare it with the below pic:

u490d1178199955377.jpg

And the range of 60Km is also very less compared to the size we see in the pic, or may be the range has been reduced to accommodate a larger warhead, meaning the range can be further enhanced by reducing size of warhead and having more fuel for the rocket.

And is it guided or not, that is something else to be known. If its guided then its a guided missile and if its not guided, calling it a rocket would be much better.

Am still wondering what's the purpose of the system, if its for nuke delivery, that is strange, but if its gonna be used as MBRL system with 80KM+ range, i am fully with such system.

i once talked to a person working in nescom. he said that achieving accuracy at shorter range is difficult (as far as ballistic missiles are concerned) because they have to first achieve a certain height and then within no time they have to descend.

so if they can hit a target 60 km away surely they can do go for 100, 150km

I admit now that I'm not sure why they named it ballistic...the apogee is way too much low for a ballistic missile (I cannot disclose it)

Guys- please confirm this- the launch vehicle fires multiple guided rocket or ballistic missiles?- Also state why?-

Err.... I am afraid to call it a ballistic missile given the fact that from the photos its quite evident that it will be following a flight trajectory that of a rocket and wont be fired completely vertically up and will not be leaving earth's atmosphere as well.

So its more of a rocket than a ballistic missile.

It can be called a guided missile but certainly not ballistic.

Its not rule of thumb that a ballistic missile has to be launched vertically and that it has to go into space. The can be launched horizontally also. This one can be called a Quasi ballistic missile.

Take example of this: MGM-140 ATACMS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (a horizontally launched missile system)

And also, just for info, kindly read about ballistics, it may give you an idea what ballistic missiles are.

And this one has control fins near the top of the nose of the rocket, meaning its more likely to be guided and has better CEP compared to a rocket.

So, in my opinion this is a Quasi ballistic missile, which may not be going into upper atmosphere during its flight.

Russian Iskander Missile is a good example of Quasi ballistic missile.

Back
Top Bottom