What's new

Hatf-IX - Tactical Multi-Tube Ballistic Missile

We cannot take decisions based on uncertainty during War-- So this MRLV will be used for conventional payload delivery only- But its nuclear capability will definitely act as a deterrence-

Of course we cannot...I mean I don't really know that when will it be used during a war....but I have been told that this was made for basically a nuclear use...the multibarrel is a later addition which is good for the conventionals...

self delete

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

That is a BIG question,and honestly,I cannot answer it...
Maybe the warhead used is of such a low yield that maybe,maybe,maybe the Indians do not retaliate with nukes...

once you cross the nuclear threshold then all the cards are on the table and India does not have a first strike policy but would retaliate with a crippling nuclear attack because then it can justify that nuclear weapon has been used by Pakistan and they are just retaliating

It is certainly feasible. Military Brigades do not stay 100s of km within enemy territory.. they have to move ahead and closer to borders and facilitate their foot soldiers, Tanks and APC. A few shots of strategic nuke can neutralize who military brigade and enemy MRL. Pakistan also has JDAMs which require Arial Dropping but this one is unique.. kill from the direction where enemy least expects!

Hola!

India has a stated policy that even if Indian soldiers are nuked on foreign soil it will be taken as a nuclear attack on India.

and this is the step-wise ASFC policy:

1.a nuclear test of low yield on Pakistani soil.
2.Nuclear attack on the foreign army within Pakistan.
3.Nuclear attack on the military sites of the foreign country.
4.Nuclear attack on the strategic sites of the foreign country.

India has a stated policy that even if Indian soldiers are nuked on foreign soil it will be taken as a nuclear attack on India.

What will be your soldiers doing on foreign soil in first place?- :D

Well we have made this MRLV for a purpose- so when the need arises it will be used on your soldiers on our soil or your soldiers on your soil-- what your stated policy is will not matter-

and yeah it will end bad for both of us-

Nuclear retaliation is a must in any case. Now think of a situation in which Nuclear Bombs were dropped yesterday and use of nuclear bombs is open for both of countries. I am recalling the research in which it was revealed that in case of Nuclear war between the two countries.. some 92% of Pakistan's population and some 97% of Indian population would still survive to take the battle to next level. Nuclear Battle is not the "end of everything".. it would be only a start of nuclear waves which both Pakistan and India would throw upon the other. In that case.. these missiles will be one of your best friends.

and this is the step-wise ASFC policy:

1.a nuclear test of low yield on Pakistani soil.
2.Nuclear attack on the foreign army within Pakistan.
3.Nuclear attack on the military sites of the foreign country.
4.Nuclear attack on the strategic sites of the foreign country.

Well we have made this MRLV for a purpose- so when the need arises it will be used on your soldiers on our soil or your soldiers on your soil-- what your stated policy is will not matter-

Gentlemen, any nuclear attack on Indian troops even on Pakistani soil (assuming Indian army manages to reach deep within ur territory) will be treated as a nuke attack on India and we will retaliate accordingly. This is the current policy.

I think we stop using the R(for rocket) in its name....it is big,and it is ballistic...so how about MBBL...looks like some bank,hehe

They will eat Khayali Pulao! :lol: Kidding. Whether you use Nukes on our soldiers in our soil or your trouble, there will be trouble for both the countries. Pray it never happens.

P.S: I'm surprised how you guys always talk of Nuking. It may sound funny but once nukes are used, your/our generations will suffer miserably. Pray that never happens. :frown:

Gentlemen, any nuclear attack on Indian troops even on Pakistani soil (assuming Indian army manages to reach deep within ur territory) will be treated as a nuke attack on India and we will retaliate accordingly. This is the current policy.

I didn't deny the retaliation

Well it doesn't really matter that what is India's policy regarding the use of nukes or whatever. The Pakistani policy is very clear. Pakistan isn't going to tolerate any invasion total war/limited war/ surgical strike from it's eastern neighbor for any reason. And if it would be provoked or if Pakistan territory would be invaded Pakistan would use all it's resources to defend itself which includes this Missile too. The thing is whenever Pakistan would use this missile it would use it only when it would be under invasion from the enemy. You want to avoid this situation, scrap all the plans of invading Pakistan for whatever reason you have. Simple. :)

A more rational situation would be when both countries have launched nuclear missiles on each other already and now its legal to use nuclear weapons. In that case whats harm to use few nukes against Indian strongholds to neutralize them?

I wanted to know is there any possibility of launching this missile outside multi-barrel rocket launcher as a single missile? If so then this could be launched by few men instead of a vehicle.

xinsrc11209050109435001xc7.jpg

A100 look different

Those are multiple barreled rocket launchers (MRLs) and not ballistic missiles. Just simple unguided rockets which are area weapons. The inaccuracy of these rockets is compensated by firing many of them into the same area rapidly in salvos. No way they can carry nuclear warheads. These are basically WW-II vintage stuff with better range and higher explosive content.

In case, the story is really about missiles and not MRLS like these, I do not see the logic of developing missiles with 60 KM range and arming them with nuke warheads. 60 KM would fall within the divisional area of responsibility. It is simply too close for a nuke strike. In a defensive battle scenario, it would definitely be within the territory of the side firing it and the wrong side of the IB. Strong winds would bring the fallout over the troops who fired them within the hour. Doesn't make much sense at all.

My feeling is that Pakistan has tested an indigenous MRL system. The 'nuclear' stuff has been added by ignorant reporters in order to spice up the news. At any rate, 60 KM is not 'strategic' it is very much tactical and that too within divisional artillery range.

You guys have made me spend my credits, :angry:

Just have spoken to the ISPR, and I can confirm that Pakistan successfully tested a short range nuclear capable ballistic missile of HATF series.
I should be able to post you the pictures in a little while.

They will eat Khayali Pulao! :lol: Kidding. Whether you use Nukes on our soldiers in our soil or your trouble, there will be trouble for both the countries. Pray it never happens.

P.S: I'm surprised how you guys always talk of Nuking. It may sound funny but once nukes are used, your/our generations will suffer miserably. Pray that never happens. :frown:

We don't have many options like India does...we are out-numbered by India,in both quantity and quality(quality in some fields only)...

Kiyani ordered the movement and deployment of the strategic assets after the Indian Sukhois crossed the Pakistani Border...it was due to this reason that India backed off from the surgical strikes thingy...anyway I'm not trying to derail or divert this discussion to the Mumbai events...please dont start off...

Back
Top Bottom