What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

370A005E-C404-4AF2-973A-7C8E23E1E42A.png
65A62766-8019-4E45-95D5-6BD374D28CB5.png
C17D7AC4-E377-4CB7-A6CD-778954D81F25.png
D0002982-4A1C-4D79-8E67-C5B91D2D57D1.png

@Thorough Pro @The Accountant

What I think is irrelevant, Let's talk facts.

Give me some examples of the Pakistani industries that use special high strength steel, what is their annual consumption and where do they import it from?

As far as I am aware we are not even in the top 20 nations in terms of Steel/Alloys/Metals production.
I am no professor but I can tell you this, all those countries in that list are doing much better than us economically.

You are wrong, Pakistan is producing 100 of thousands of 70 and 110 CC motorcycle engines. In Pakistan it’s cottages. Honda and maybe United produces almost 100% of the 70 and 110 CC engine for their bikes. For the other brands. There are two three companies that produce engine blocks and few other parts. Other engine parts are a made by hundred of workshops and assembled by the 30 odd bike brands in Pakistan.

You are correct that I am not looking at future prospects because I am seeing the present.
Presently we can't even design or make a simple gunboat or tug, that's why I don't us making anything in the next 20 years on our own. We paid millions to France for TOT on the Agosta's, for what? to order more from China.

You are suggesting to put the cart before the horses, it never works like that. You don't make the dough unless you have to oven.

YOU'RE NOT LOOKING AT THE FUTURE PERSPECTIVE SIR WE BUILD CAN BUILD OUR OWN SUBS/NAVAL SHIPS/INDUSTRIAL MACHINES/MANUFACTURING MACHINES BY OUR OWN THAT'S CALLED SELF RESILIENCE AND ALL REDEVELOPING COUNTRIES ARE LOOKING FOR IT SIR

Food for thought!
we are manufacturing 100% rocket engines (Liquid & solid) in house (Talk about metallurgy!)but we chose not to make engine for tanks..its not that we cant manufacture it we can we have the ability it just resource and expense prioritization.

Aircraft Engine well that is black art but we can manufacture R11/R13/ATAR 9K50 and may be RD93 today if we want to 100% in house but we dont...but we do manufacture cruise missile engines..100% in house.

Twist and turns in this labyrinth!

Don't talk stupid. How many motorcycles run in the country? how many motorcycle manufacturers make engines locally? It all about economics. You don't start producing raw material hoping someone would set up an industry to consume it. you first set up the industry and import the materials, once the consumption reaches a certain level that making it locally becomes economically viable, then someone would see the opportunity to make profit and would start making it automatically.

Bro no one here for country's self reliance. In our defence department the only thing, import every thing and make mall for after retirement plans.
From new jets, sub, frigates, corvette, marine services, MBT , new upgrading logistic vehicles, each and every thing using engines, electronics, metals of special grade and characteristics needed. But we will only import all these items. And put the " Made in Pakistan " sticker on it, and present in front on nation and international forums to make ourselves continue fool.
That's all case closed.

name one company that is "making" engines here and not assembling them? I'll get corrected.

You are wrong, Pakistan is producing 100 of thousands of 70 and 110 CC motorcycle engines. In Pakistan it’s cottages. Honda and maybe United produces almost 100% of the 70 and 110 CC engine for their bikes. For the other brands. There are two three companies that produce engine blocks and few other parts. Other engine parts are a made by hundred of workshops and assembled by the 30 odd bike brands in Pakistan.

Bro no one here for country's self reliance. In our defence department the only thing, import every thing and make mall for after retirement plans.
From new jets, sub, frigates, corvette, marine services, MBT , new upgrading logistic vehicles, each and every thing using engines, electronics, metals of special grade and characteristics needed. But we will only import all these items. And put the " Made in Pakistan " sticker on it, and present in front on nation and international forums to make ourselves continue fool.
That's all case closed.
I wonder why army haters like you are here on a "Defence forum" where we glorify the army.
Why don't you nugget off to Siasar dot ok or some pmln forum?

Plus what exactly your hate filled comment has to do with the thread?

Vomit your hate elsewhere .

Hi if possible for senior member to put up some complaint against the irrelevant posts to be deleted or warn the members to post the relevant knowledge about the thread so a layman like me can get some knowledge from this forum
Thank you

Here is a question for all you geniuses who are whinging about "metallurgy" -- a country needs highest expertise in "metallurgy" to become a Nuclear Power. So how come Pakistan is a Nuclear Power but according to you does not have expertise in metallurgy?? :lol:

I wonder why army haters like you are here on a "Defence forum" where we glorify the army.
Why don't you nugget off to Siasar dot ok or some pmln forum?

Plus what exactly your hate filled comment has to do with the thread?

Vomit your hate elsewhere .
Keep your hate and love limited to your self don't impose on others. My three generations are connected with Pakistan army. So don't you act like that people feel for you.
دیگ سے چمچہ زیادہ گرم ہے

Just like you don't to a brain surgeon to carry out your heart surgery, you don't go to a nuclear scientist to make steel. Metallurgy is a very vast field. besides the question is not of expertise, rather than the industry itself.

Question was raised that we should have industry churning out special steel and my objection/counter-argument was where is the industry to consume it? no one sets up and tandoor if there are no household s to buy a roti, and we are talking about special high strength steel.

Here is a question for all you geniuses who are whinging about "metallurgy" -- a country needs highest expertise in "metallurgy" to become a Nuclear Power. So how come Pakistan is a Nuclear Power but according to you does not have expertise in metallurgy?? :lol:

Just like you don't to a brain surgeon to carry out your heart surgery, you don't go to a nuclear scientist to make steel. Metallurgy is a very vast field.

"Metallurgy it is vast field" - is that your "come-back" line to say you don't really know the ABC of metallurgy? Really? :lol:

So for your education - there are two distinct branches/areas within metallurgy. These are chemical metallurgy and physical metallurgy. Now tell me which is the area where Pakistan does not have the expertise? Can you elaborate?

Read the very next sentence of my post from where you took the highlighted part, just to re-iterate for you, I said the question was not about expertise in metallurgy

"Metallurgy it is vast field" - is that your "come-back" line to say you don't really know the ABC of metallurgy? Really? :lol:

So for your education - there are two distinct branches/areas within metallurgy. These are chemical metallurgy and physical metallurgy. Now tell me which is the area where Pakistan does not have the expertise? Can you elaborate?

Read the very next sentence of my post from where you took the highlighted part, just to re-iterate for you, I said the question was not about expertise in metallurgy

The basic economic viability model for an specific industry is the responsibility of so called civilian governments, and which by the way has never really existed in Pakistan. Whereas, It is a well know fact that Military in Pakistan has always done its own thing, and has never waited for any civilian industrial set-up or support because it knows the incompetence of the civilian industrial base in Pakistan. Hence from agriculture, food, and all the way to specialty steel, all the expertise are in-house, embedded within the Military Establishment.

Making jet engines domestically is not feasible now. It might be an option later.

Keep your hate and love limited to your self don't impose on others. My three generations are connected with Pakistan army. So don't you act like that people feel for you.
دیگ سے چمچہ زیادہ گرم ہے
Did I ask about your family history?
I asked about the relevance of your comments with the thread which is none.
And yes there is plenty of hate oozing from your comments.
Military retirement plans have nothing to do with the thread and yet you clearly have. a problem with that and want soldiers to beg on the streets after retirement.
However of I believe what you wrote about your family, so basically you are enjoying the same retirement plan you criticized.
Stupidly at its worst :lol:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom