What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

Please report posts rather than responding.
Kind regards
A
I agree.
But we use our own time and knowledge to write comments over here and someone coming round and taking out of ignorance, can get quite frustrating.

for that, the whole mindset of procurement has to change from "imported" to local.
the two political dynasties in Pakistan(which will remain for the foreseen future and will take back control soon or later) have no interest in manufacturing, they like the Dubai model..the reason why from the very onset both of their policies fundamentally relied on services and trade
This is where I really like what the US does. Having worked with US companies often times government contracts outrightly says in bold text right at the top that product will only be accepted if it is made in America. They are quite anal about it, we sometimes have a laugh about it in Canada but honestly it is an excellent method to develop local industry. Often America products don't have a simple Made in America/USA written on them, it says "Produced with pride in the United States of America". Kisi wajah se yeh quam dunya pe raaj kar rahi hai.

Now what is preventing the government of Pakistan to putting a clause in all their contracts that materials, items will have to be made in Pakistan. That itself will incentivize multiple industries to setup production here. Sadly Pakistani mentality is to give precedence to "imported" items. Motorway construction is going on, multiple dams are being built and a new railway line is about to be put in the country. Our steel and cement industries should have been showing double digit growth to fulfill all these demands. Instead easy way out is often found just to import it. Pakistan is one of the top 10 importers of steel in the world. This is treasonous against 5th largest nation in the world and nuclear power, that it isn't even allowed to meet its own steel needs.

I agree.
But we use our own time and knowledge to write comments over here and someone coming round and taking out of ignorance, can get quite frustrating.
Fully agreed and thank you for the response. However your response not only mars the taste of the forum as well as make you angry and upset but could get you into trouble. I have 3 principles which make my life so much more simpler.
A. Agree to disagree and move on.
B. Report posts which are a usive not only to me but to others.
C. Put idiots on ignore list and move on.
Honestly do try it and see how much pleasanter life becomes.
PS: these rules are strictly for the use on internet fora. If you are married and use these you are in BIG trouble. HaaHaa:nono::astagh:

As per an Indian based Twitter account, this is the first under construction Submarine of Pakistan Navy.
(Credibility dubious)

IMG_20200810_161133.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. That idiot got me.
That twitter account you quoted appears to be pretty lazy. Not sure what it's motives were but if you search "submarine construction" that collins class sub image is one of the first to pop up

Had successive governments not allowed the Pakistan Steel Mills to go to the dogs, we could have ventured into the manufacturing of specialty steels. But the PSM never broke even. By the time it was completed, Bhutto's nationalization had ravaged the entire local heavy industry. There was no demand for steel any longer. You can not sustain a steelmaker having 1M tons/annum capacity by supplying maraging steel to KRL and rolling stock to the Pakistan Railways, which itself was going to the dogs.
This, coupled by the political appointments by the PPP and the rise of private steelmakers making rebars for the construction industry using steel scrap effectively sealed the PSM's fate.
It is a shame that a nuclear nation does not have an indigenous multi-purpose steelmaking capability. We can't even manufacture pressure vessels (read: thetthe primary ingredient for nuclear reactors) according to international standards.
The HMC-3 of the PAEC is said to have this capability but the PAEC itself is a huge behemoth of an organization - a typical bunch of good-for-nothing paper pushers and bean counters who haven't done anything worth mentioning since 1998. The nuclear weaponization job was taken away from them around 2000.

Will this submarine have soft kill measures like the upgraded Agosta 90 submarines?

Tesla battery advancements recently announced may lead to significant advancement in applications like AIP Submarines. If these submarines can utilize a pump-jet efficiently in a diesel electric AIP submarine, it would narrow the gap between a conventionally powered submarine and a nuclear powered submarine.

More details on the chemistry and design; AIP would probably made with the Nickel+Manganese option at 12:10

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom