What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

Here is a question for all you geniuses who are whinging about "metallurgy" -- a country needs highest expertise in "metallurgy" to become a Nuclear Power. So how come Pakistan is a Nuclear Power but according to you does not have expertise in metallurgy?? :lol:
Because different projects demand different types of material for construction. Developing expertise in one area does not mean that expertise can be developed in other areas too. Each branch demands its own set of materials, ranging from composites to alloys of varying properties and manufacturing process, thus demanding consistent and comprehensive research in every department separately.
For example the alloy materials used in construction of our domestically produced centrifuges (P1 & P2) are very different from the materials which are used in blades of turbo fan or turboshaft engines. If we do not have requisite R&D in those materials, investment is not there and the relevant apparatus & know-how is absent, then those engines cannot be made.
We often over-estimate ourselves by saying that "Pakistan main talent ki kami nhi he". Yeah, correct. But talent alone is not everything. For harvesting that talent, requirement, investment, research, experience, infrastructure and policy framework is crucial, and sadly we are not good in either of it.

Did I ask about your family history?
I asked about the relevance of your comments with the thread which is none.
And yes there is plenty of hate oozing from your comments.
Military retirement plans have nothing to do with the thread and yet you clearly have. a problem with that and want soldiers to beg on the streets after retirement.
However of I believe what you wrote about your family, so basically you are enjoying the same retirement plan you criticized.
Stupidly at its worst :lol:
You are afraid of after retirement begging in the streets. Soldiers and low rank officer always depends on Al Mighty Allah, generals who looks towards usa europe.
Next time not quote me in your messages. Thanks in advance.

You are afraid of after retirement begging in the streets. Soldiers and low rank officer always depends on Al Mighty Allah, generals who looks towards usa europe.
Next time not quote me in your messages. Thanks in advance.
Oh shut up weirdo.
Go suck your thumb .
Generals have done great in defending the country and welfare of military personnel.
The topic of the thread is "Hangor class submarine" not generals.
That's what happened to your generation. Grew up watching Indian cable TV then went on to do British education written by some Indian in London as GCSE .
Totally Indian with Pakistani nationality.
What a shame

Oh shut up weirdo.
Go suck your thumb .
Generals have done great in defending the country and welfare of military personnel.
That's what happened to your generation. Grew up watching Indian cable TV then went on to do British education written by some Indian in London as GCSE .
What a shame
Your way of talking shows your family back ground.

PAC? Of course, their next fighter would be made with 12 soot solid high strength stainless steel plates

That's the common disease in Pakistan, the ones who don't know what they are talking about, scream the loudest.
I think one has to agree there isa need for a specialized steel plant. I fully agree that we need not jump onto jet engine manufacturing but can start with Car and bike engines, progressing on to heavy duty diesel engines which could be both for trucks and modified ones for Tanks,tractors and heavy duty machinery. I agree we need to rejuvinate thesteel industry but how is another story. WhatI have failed to understand is with so much of building work on going, the Steel mill was shut down.
A

I think one has to agree there isa need for a specialized steel plant. I fully agree that we need not jump onto jet engine manufacturing but can start with Car and bike engines, progressing on to heavy duty diesel engines which could be both for trucks and modified ones for Tanks,tractors and heavy duty machinery. I agree we need to rejuvinate thesteel industry but how is another story. WhatI have failed to understand is with so much of building work on going, the Steel mill was shut down.
A
for that, the whole mindset of procurement has to change from "imported" to local.
the two political dynasties in Pakistan(which will remain for the foreseen future and will take back control soon or later) have no interest in manufacturing, they like the Dubai model..the reason why from the very onset both of their policies fundamentally relied on services and trade

6B6B9B62-B0B2-4E5B-BBCE-128E687DFEDD.png

Interesting Dalphe class Hangor boat that sunk IN ship in 71 had 12 tube 8 in the from and 4 in the rear and the boat sailed with weapons in the tubes or max load of 12 torpedos or missiles

Wonder why newer boats donot have tubes in the rear which cover rear aspect targets ??

may be newer boats are more agile ??

May be new torpedoes can turn to back? what torpedo did they fire?
even in falkand war brits subs sunk argentine vessels with ww2 torpedoes.

Food for thought!
we are manufacturing 100% rocket engines (Liquid & solid) in house (Talk about metallurgy!)but we chose not to make engine for tanks..its not that we cant manufacture it we can we have the ability it just resource and expense prioritization.

Aircraft Engine well that is black art but we can manufacture R11/R13/ATAR 9K50 and may be RD93 today if we want to 100% in house but we dont...but we do manufacture cruise missile engines..100% in house.

Twist and turns in this labyrinth!

Pakistan's biggest enemy in industrial development is within. Extreme p!ss poor management. Why this is so is either corruption, incompetence and nepotism or treason. Or a mix of both. @messiach used to suggest treason.

Oh shut up weirdo.
Go suck your thumb .
What a shame
Please report posts rather than responding.
Kind regards
A

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom