What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really know that what are the classifications of a 4.5th generation aircraft?
United States defines 4.5 generation fighter aircraft as

1.fourth generation jet fighters that have been upgraded with AESA radar,

As far as i know the AESA radar for Tejas is nowhere in the picture ,it was once when Israel was ready to provide it but later prohibitations were put on the demand of US,

2.high capacity data-link,

3.enhanced avionics, and

4."the ability to deploy current and reasonably foreseeable advanced armaments

1. You are right AESA is nowhere in the picture, but it is definitely lurking in the shadows.

a. Firstly, about Israel, I presume this is the news you are talking about.

If so, then here is the highlight....

The Israeli defence ministry has blocked the potential export sale of Israel Aerospace Industries' EL/M-2052 active electronically scanned array radar to a number of countries, with its action having an immediate impact on the Indian market.

So, only the EL 2052 is blocked not the help and transfer of AESA tech.

b. Here is a piece about "project Uttam" and help sought from EADS or Israel.

Livefist: Report: Elta Or EADS To Help Build Tejas AESA, Project Codenamed "Uttam"

You see, israel will deny us the 2052, but co develop a new AESA at the same time.. Example the denial of arrow and development of LRTR and LR SAM.

And if EADS gets the MMRCA, they will be more than happy to grab this contract!

c. Meanwhile the Indian strides in AESA technology are yeilding results. Apart of quite a few AESA radars developed here is one of the biggest shockers...

"Demonstration of the functioning of Gallium Nitride high-electron mobility transistor ." (from annual address of DRDO chief Jan 2011)

I'll explain rest of the points about avionics and such later.

Its in the starting phase, still to see the tangible form and then testing ,long way to go .....not before 2015 anywayz better luck with the program

of course,after 2015 production will be started if we count the delays even.if not indigenous then either israeli or some french aesa radar.

We lost the months of May, June, July and August with not much of testing happening,” sources said.
Four months to plug a frikkin fuel leak? Jeeez! No wonder it's taken four decades to get this toy off the ground!!
mockery-035.gif

TEJAS is late in coming but when it does it will be JUST IN TIME:sniper:

1. You are right AESA is nowhere in the picture, but it is definitely lurking in the shadows.

a. Firstly, about Israel, I presume this is the news you are talking about.

If so, then here is the highlight....

The Israeli defence ministry has blocked the potential export sale of Israel Aerospace Industries' EL/M-2052 active electronically scanned array radar to a number of countries, with its action having an immediate impact on the Indian market.

So, only the EL 2052 is blocked not the help and transfer of AESA tech.

b. Here is a piece about "project Uttam" and help sought from EADS or Israel.

Livefist: Report: Elta Or EADS To Help Build Tejas AESA, Project Codenamed "Uttam"

You see, israel will deny us the 2052, but co develop a new AESA at the same time.. Example the denial of arrow and development of LRTR and LR SAM.

And if EADS gets the MMRCA, they will be more than happy to grab this contract!

c. Meanwhile the Indian strides in AESA technology are yeilding results. Apart of quite a few AESA radars developed here is one of the biggest shockers...

"Demonstration of the functioning of Gallium Nitride high-electron mobility transistor ." (from annual address of DRDO chief Jan 2011)

I'll explain rest of the points about avionics and such later.

+ We will also get some AESA techs transfer by MRCA TOT....

If that is the case, I think India should concentrating on Western weapons. India won't have to worry about keeping on testing them as they were already tested in the battlefields. Don't get the Russian stuff as they were only proven to be shot down by western planes in most battle fields.

No buddy the western media does its bit to cover up the shortcomings of western weapon system for business stakes....
Many of the shooting down of western aircraft with obselete russian weapons are described in their media as ENGINE FAULT or some other reasons....
However russian hardware along with western software is the best combination ever available....
SU-30mki is the best example of the combination...
I doubt even f-16 or 18 stands against MKI....

From which country? and the exact type?

Not a finished product, but a derivative to be developed jointly. As for the country, I'll give you a clue set:

- you lot always complain about them scheming against you
- you lot always consider them as the "other threat"
- you lot always accuse them of running an illegal country that you don't recognize. :P

Take the guess. ;)

Not a finished product, but a derivative to be developed jointly. As for the country, I'll give you a clue set:

- you lot always complain about them scheming against you
- you lot always consider them as the "other threat"
- you lot always accuse them of running an illegal country that you don't recognize. :P

Take the guess. ;)

i read about french radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom