HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
tejas 1 is in production phase and facing critical problems
its mean tejas mk-2 will face more problems
tell me honestly tht is tejas is indigenous jet
when engine is American,radar & avionics are of israel
its mean u only made delta shape structure in 30 years

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

2nd thing to rafael member that soon i will answer you of removing my post

aree bhai,the hi-quality tejas "stickers" is indian made.

so how will the computer on board distinguish whether its an missile or bomb in a hardpoint?

That is decided by the radar and missile interface.............just take some efforts and google.............and you will know............It is very tiring to type all the details here................

The interface of the missile with the radar and the onboard computer.............in simple terms.........just like when you connect an external accessory to a computer...............whether its a speaker..........hard disk...........mouse or keyboard..............or monitor...........or USB..................very layman and crude analogy...........

That is decided by the radar and missile interface.............just take some efforts and google.............and you will know............It is very tiring to type all the details here................

The interface of the missile with the radar and the onboard computer.............in simple terms.........just like when you connect an external accessory to a computer...............whether its a speaker..........hard disk...........mouse or keyboard..............or monitor...........or USB..................very layman and crude analogy...........

so all one has to do is just connect the weapon to the hardpoint and the onboard computr will show it?
(aree i am "chote"!help me yaar!)

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

so all one has to do is just connect the weapon to the hardpoint and the onboard computr will show it?
(aree i am "chote"!help me yaar!)

Rail launchers for missiles and ejector racks for bombs.

29w3iav.jpg

Am not quite sure but if you can mount rail launchers on all the hard points, then I don't see why not:confused:

so rail launcher is something that we attach to the hard point and not a type of hardpoint?

the reason i am so concerned is that,in every pic of tejas aa missiles are carried in the extreme end hardpoints only.since tejas may be our principle interceptor,we may need it to carry more than 2 missiles.

so rail launcher is something that we attach to the hard point and not a type of hardpoint?

the reason i am so concerned is that,in every pic of tejas aa missiles are carried in the extreme end hardpoints only.since tejas may be our principle interceptor,we may need it to carry more than 2 missiles.

Yes, again am not too sure, but you can attach either rail launcher/ bomb racks on the hard point mountings depending on the mission.

And am pretty sure it can carry more than 2 missiles.

The ‘Tejas’ LCA is single-engine, multi-role, supersonic fighter plane with tactical capabilities designed for better maneuverability. It can be armed with air-to-air, air-to-ground and anti-ship missiles, precision-guided munitions, rockets and bombs.

Tejas LCA Undergoes Weapons Trials in Rajasthan for Final Clearance - Defence Now

They have just integrated WVR missiles so far and these will be carried at the external hardpoints, while the other hardpoints a the wings will be able to carry BVR missiles, so no need to worry about that. As roy_gourav correctly said, you can attach the launchers and racks to all hardpoints, but not every hardpoint has the weightlimit to carry any kind of weapons. The external hardpoint as the pic shows, can carry 1 bomb rack for small dumb bombs, but any heavier bomb can't be used, even if the hardpoint can handle bomb racks.
Normal weapon configs of LCA MK1 should be:

A2A

2 x WVR missiles (external wingstations)
4 x BVR missiles (mid and inner wingstations)
1 x fuel tank (centerline station)

A2G

2 x WVR missiles (external wingstations)
2 x LGBs (mid wingstations)
2 x fuel tanks (inner wingstations)
1 x targetting pod (pod station)

First flight of LCA NP-1 delayed

Oct 27, 2011

BANGALORE: It’s official� The undercarriage of the naval version (Naval Prototype NP-1) of India’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) is bulky by 400-500 kg.� The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), which are jointly developing NP-1, is burning the midnight oil to iron out what they call “nagging developmental issues”.

�NP-1 is a trainer with tandem seating and NP-2 will be a singleseat fighter

�Insiders associated with the programme attributed the delay in NP-1’s first flight to the undercarriage, built by HAL.� “In September 2010, we observed that the undercarriage was over-sized.� During traction-retraction and the undercarriage’s incorporation into the fuselage, there were many surprises awaiting us.

This is a very critical piece with the hitting impact on the ship going to be much higher,” an official with HAL’s Aircraft Research and Design Centre (ARDC) said. The official said the issues related to the arrestor hook, landing gear and LEVCONs (control surfaces which allow better low-speed handling) were being addressed completely. With the Naval Project Team (NPT) monitoring every bit of the NP-I closely, the official told Express that all future aircraft in the naval programme would come with a new undercarriage.

�In September, NP-1 had successfully completed the engine ground run (EGR) and the taxi trials are set to begin soon� “We will fly the NP-I with the same undercarriage making some slight corrections.

�If a smaller undercarriage has to be integrated now, it will delay the programme further. Young boys are putting their hearts out and working seven days a week

�Making planes are not child’s play,” he added.� Sources at ADA say efforts are in full swing to make the NP-1 fly ahead of Navy Day (December 4). Captain Maolankar of National Flight Test Centre is likely to fly the NP-1 on its maiden flight.

�During the roll-out of the NP-1 on July 6, 2010, an excited Defence Minister A K Antony had announced that he was confident that the ADA-HAL-Navy team would make it fly by December end (2010). “It will be the best New Year gift to the nation,” Antony had said then. With yet another New Year throttling down for a landing, it is left to be seen whether Team NP-1 can gift Antony an X’mas gift in the form of a first flight.

First flight of LCA NP-1 delayed - southindia - Bangalore - ibnlive

If a smaller undercarriage has to be integrated now, it will delay the programme further. Young boys are putting their hearts out and working seven days a week

..........:victory:

First flight of LCA NP-1 delayed

Oct 27, 2011

BANGALORE: It’s official� The undercarriage of the naval version (Naval Prototype NP-1) of India’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) is bulky by 400-500 kg.� The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), which are jointly developing NP-1, is burning the midnight oil to iron out what they call “nagging developmental issues”.

�NP-1 is a trainer with tandem seating and NP-2 will be a singleseat fighter

�Insiders associated with the programme attributed the delay in NP-1’s first flight to the undercarriage, built by HAL.� “In September 2010, we observed that the undercarriage was over-sized.� During traction-retraction and the undercarriage’s incorporation into the fuselage, there were many surprises awaiting us.

This is a very critical piece with the hitting impact on the ship going to be much higher,” an official with HAL’s Aircraft Research and Design Centre (ARDC) said. The official said the issues related to the arrestor hook, landing gear and LEVCONs (control surfaces which allow better low-speed handling) were being addressed completely. With the Naval Project Team (NPT) monitoring every bit of the NP-I closely, the official told Express that all future aircraft in the naval programme would come with a new undercarriage.

�In September, NP-1 had successfully completed the engine ground run (EGR) and the taxi trials are set to begin soon� “We will fly the NP-I with the same undercarriage making some slight corrections.

�If a smaller undercarriage has to be integrated now, it will delay the programme further. Young boys are putting their hearts out and working seven days a week

�Making planes are not child’s play,” he added.� Sources at ADA say efforts are in full swing to make the NP-1 fly ahead of Navy Day (December 4). Captain Maolankar of National Flight Test Centre is likely to fly the NP-1 on its maiden flight.

�During the roll-out of the NP-1 on July 6, 2010, an excited Defence Minister A K Antony had announced that he was confident that the ADA-HAL-Navy team would make it fly by December end (2010). “It will be the best New Year gift to the nation,” Antony had said then. With yet another New Year throttling down for a landing, it is left to be seen whether Team NP-1 can gift Antony an X’mas gift in the form of a first flight.

First flight of LCA NP-1 delayed - southindia - Bangalore - ibnlive

Love the Navy's farsightedness. If they had waited for the engine to start the research it would have been delayed like this. They went on with the F 404 now and later plans for new engine. This is one of the most appreciable effort from the navy side.

^^

First I thought N-LCA is a waste of money & energy.

But our Navy is very keen on indignation...

^^

This is very prominent even in the higher echelons of the navy command. When Adm. Nirmal Kumar Verma was asked about N-LCA he told he would love the HAL to develop something like the Rafale in their first shot, but it was practically impossible.

So this is how development starts...first make mistakes and learn from it. Then you can apply the knowledge and experience gained into the future projects like lets say a N-AMCA?

^^

It is a waste of money, since it is not a capable carrier fighter and the navy knows that very well, but in our country pride has too much influence in such developments and that's why the navy will procure the fighter in numbers, although the N-LCA MK1, which is described as an tech demonstrator, would be more than enough for our aims.
If they would have put the pride factor aside, they would simply build some tech demo prototypes to give DRDO/ADA/HAL a base for future developments in this sector and used the additional money that is now wasted by the development of several fully working and capable carrier versions of the LCA MK2, to get additional Mig 29Ks, which is the clearly more capable fighter. It would have been a win win situation for our industry and IN, because IN would be more capable as well, but now they have to stuck with less capable fighters, just to say that we operate and indigenous carrier fighter on an indigenous carrier.

So this is how development starts...first make mistakes and learn from it.

Not at all! You "normally" don't just jump into such developments without propper planning to minimise mistakes and failures, just to look at how it ends up, because any of these problems will delay the development and increase the costs. That's why you first look at what is really needed and what can be done by us and where do we need external help, so LCA development (not the fighter itself), is a perfect example how such an development should not be done, because "as a development" we completelly messed it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom