What's new

HAL Hands Over Tejas Jets To IAF

se6cFk1.jpg

Ground Attack Fighter, GAF-1

VuEd3ST.jpg

Advanced Strike Aircraft

Kwm5zTc.jpg

L6v3PFP.jpg

HSS-73/HF-73 Hindustan Supersonic Strike aircraft (proposed by MBB and HAL)

xixk5zY.jpg

Air Superiority fighter ASF-300
wzKsuCw.jpg

Hf-23M53

YXAE77I.jpg

HF-25

All the designs proposed by HAL after Marut. All of these were denied, probably due to financial reasons.

Much later, DRDO had to set up a completely new agency to produce what would be LCA.

This will not happen again. Due to India having a good amount of money, and the will to follow on, ie. Naval LCA, Mark 2, AMCA.

HMDS isn't that important. Israeli companies routinely upgrade 1950s MiG-21 and F-5 jets with Elbit HMDS.
It is true that it intergrating the HMDS isn't all that complex which raises the question why the JF-17 doesn't have a HMDS intergrated to date?

The importance of such a system is quite high really from improving situational awareness of pilots, dramatically improved WVR performance, reduced pilot workload etc etc. There is a reason almost all 4/4.5 gen fighters are delivered with such systems these days.

What is this utter bullshit? It's the Tejas Mk.1, it's not even the fully matured version of the fighter for heaven's sake. The IAF is looking towards to the Mk.2 (waiting on its specs but highly suspect it'll be a significant improvement considering increased experience) and hell there may even be an advanced Mk.2+ or a Mk.3 in the 2020s.

Can you explain us superboy how does DSI make an aircraft better than another ?

It is only 1 aspect, out of many. Anything that concerns airframe gets more notice and mention because airframe is not easily changed unlike electronics which can be easily upgraded. DSI make lower RCS, no maintenance, better aerodynamics.

What is this utter bullshit? It's the Tejas Mk.1, it's not even the fully matured version of the fighter for heaven's sake. The IAF is looking towards to the Mk.2 (waiting on its specs but highly suspect it'll be a significant improvement considering increased experience) and hell there may even be an advanced Mk.2+ or a Mk.3 in the 2020s.

Mk 2 gets AESA likely Israeli EL/M 2052 compared to Mk 1's EL/M 2032 mechanical radar and F414 engine 22,000 lb compared to Mk 1's F404 engine 18,000 lb.

It is only 1 aspect, out of many. Anything that concerns airframe gets more notice and mention because airframe is not easily changed unlike electronics which can be easily upgraded. DSI make lower RCS, no maintenance, better aerodynamics.

Mk 2 gets AESA likely Israeli EL/M 2052 compared to Mk 1's EL/M 2032 mechanical radar and F414 engine 22,000 lb compared to Mk 1's F404 engine 18,000 lb.
a) won't receive that radar, (b) F414 specs not fully released (earlier tweet mentioning something on this) and (c) no idea about the weight/fuel of the fighter.

HUD is sufficient. F-22 doesn't even use HMDS which can be complex to maintain. JF-17 Block 2 gets J-10B's wide angle holographic HUD that shows everything.

The Aviationist » Helmet Mounted Display
A HMDS will be intergrated with the F-22 (an 80s designed fighter btw) in its MLU. The F-18, F-16, F-15 all have HMDS in service (JHMCS) as does the EFT, SAAB Gripen and even the LCA. This is just one system of course and it is not everything but it is certainly a nice capability to have and It intrigues me the JF-17 doesn't make use of one to date.

A HMDS will be intergrated with the F-22 (an 80s designed fighter btw) in its MLU.

F-22 is a 1990s design. First flew in 1997.

Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

F-22 is not longer developed or built. It is not longer upgraded with anything. No HMDS in F-22, as stated in The Aviationist » Helmet Mounted Display

It intrigues me the JF-17 doesn't make use of one to date.

HMDS is not necessary. F-2 and J-10B both don't have it.

HMDS is not necessary. F-2 doesn't have it.
This is a pretty weak argument, just because the F-22 doesn't have it doesnt mean no one should have it, I've already outlined all the fighters that do and the F-22 will be incorportating a HMDS within the next few years, is that all they are waiting for? Once the F-22 gets it so will the JF-17??

This is a pretty weak argument, just because the F-22 doesn't have it doesnt mean no one should have it, I've already outlined all the fighters that do and the F-22 will be incorportating a HMDS within the next few years, is that all they are waiting for? Once the F-22 gets it so will the JF-17??

JF-17 has DSI. Why doesn't Tejas have DSI? Why? Same thing :mad:

This is the latest Chinese HMDS. It's not used on any Chinese plane.

hud_helmet_sinosoldier_zhuhai.jpg

JF-17 has DSI. Why doesn't Tejas have DSI? Why? Same thing :mad:

DSI is just a way to divert airflow into the intake.
Why shouldn't we just stick DSI on everything,Messerschmit262,Mig21 etc...? It will make it super stealthy, remember anything that has DSI is automatically "superior" for some reasons.

It's really not the same thing. One is a fundamental design feature, another is an off the shelf product that can be quite easily intergrated with little issue.

Why shouldn't we just stick DSI on everything,Messerschmit262,Mig21 etc...?

Only planes that go supersonic can use DSI. Variable intake moves when plane goes in and out of supersonic. DSI is DiverterLESS supersonic inlet, it does not move because it is not a separate system it is part of the fuselage. Indeed, it is an advanced 21st century technology.

JF-17 does not use HMDS because Block 2 gets wide angle holographic HUD shown here. And yes the mannequin is wearing a HMDS.

hud_helmet_sinosoldier_zhuhai.jpg

its not me its you started trolling .........first know how to do rational argument

as @Abingdonboy said delay was there lot of issue some were inability procure or made technologies
and rest were beyond control like sanctions, and denial of data that with helded by usa

yeah i have seen bk 2.................let it get inducted then will talk .........................just like in case of tejas

Don't compare tejas, it will take another 5 years to get inducted and please don't bring the LSP FOC stuff as it counts as zilch. Unless an aircraft is serving in the front line force, it is not considered as inducted.

What I stated was the obvious fact, what you replied was an evndent trolling attempt.

JF-17 does not use HMDS because Block 2 gets wide angle holographic HUD shown here.
A wide angle HUD is hardly an adequate substitute for a HMDS, a wide-angle HUD won't allow you to make off-boresight shots.

And yes the mannequin is wearing a HMDS.
Yes I can see, any ideas on when this will be in service? Any concrete plans to intergrate this on the JF-17?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom