What's new

Hajj stampede caused by Iranian pilgrims “not following instructions”: Hajj mission official

Status
Not open for further replies.
The witnesses blame the saudi officials though...

Also there are pics floating on the web .. Showing Saudis using cranes and trucks to collect bodies of hajjis killed in the stampede ...

Not to forget the crane mishap... Which killed like 150 people!!

Wow so Iranians are to be blamed here? Even if what they say is true even then it is administration's fault these guys failed to control the crowd. What were they expecting from pilgrims?

Blame the victims, man this is the new low I've seen.

You found this while you didn't find numerous other people who commend Saudis for their efforts? I myself have been there I further Live in Saudi Arabia, why do not I see this?
in Saudi defence I have said it in person to people who have relatives offering hujj this year that the tendency of performing rami by Zuhar is causing big crowd issues although one can do it till evening but people just want to get this out of the way and also as a sunna.
Saudis can impose curfew and allow one section of camps to come and perform the rami.. and have a one way flow advising people well in advance how it will play out. originally I was sympathising with Saudis but it was the blame game and failure to accept responsibility that made me upset with them

also the closure of all gates except one is also being blamed as a cause of over crowding. and now I hear that at that time members of Royal family were also performing the ritual and extra gates were closed for their safety or comfort but that I cant confirm...

Wow so Iranians are to be blamed here? Even if what they say is true even then it is administration's fault these guys failed to control the crowd. What were they expecting from pilgrims?

Blame the victims, man this is the new low I've seen.

First it was the Africans then somebody high up thought ehh why not kill two birds with one stone. Blame it on the Iranians.

The response from Saudi Arabia is disappointing and they should accept some of the blame from this tragic incident. A few days ago I was criticizing Iranian members from jumping the gun, however with these type of statements its no wonder why people will never respect the Saudi regime.

in Saudi defence I have said it in person to people who have relatives offering hujj this year that the tendency of performing rami by Zuhar is causing big crowd issues although one can do it till evening but people just want to get this out of the way and also as a sunna.
Saudis can impose curfew and allow one section of camps to come and perform the rami.. and have a one way flow advising people well in advance how it will play out. originally I was sympathising with Saudis but it was the blame game and failure to accept responsibility that made me upset with them

also the closure of all gates except one is also being blamed as a cause of over crowding. and now I hear that at that time members of Royal family were also performing the ritual and extra gates were closed for their safety or comfort but that I cant confirm...

All aspects that you alluded to are matter for the administration to factor in their planning and have robust systems to handle these issue. Then you need a effective operations team to carry out and enforce the procedures laid out and follow all SOP's designed to forestall the tragedy that unfolded.

It is matter for senior management to evolve policy and prepare SOP's for all contingencies. Then to train the operations teams to carry out those procedures on the ground. Of course having a seasoned senior and competant official helps to make sure the whole thing operates like a Swiss clock.

And people let's spare a moment for all the dead. This is a tragedy and should not have happened.

Heated african irani shias shouting "Ya Hussain" did it!

How can saudi govt be held responsible!!!

Well there you have it. No need for any investigation. No need for judicial report on the fiasco. No need for any officials to face flak.

"It were the African and Iranian's that did it". Next year ban African and Iranians. Problem sorted.

The witnesses blame the saudi officials though...

Also there are pics floating on the web .. Showing Saudis using cranes and trucks to collect bodies of hajjis killed in the stampede ...

Not to forget the crane mishap... Which killed like 150 people!!

There are reports that Iranians had secretly loosened some screws on that crane which led to the accident. I'm sure Saudis didn't search enough, otherwise they would have found those screws with Iranians.

------------------------------------------

Nearly 900 people were killed in this year's Hajj and Saudi officials are refusing to give even a symbolic apology to alleviate the pain of those who lost someone. Actually screw their apology, they are blaming the dead already and refuse to even accept responsibility.

Since 1980, Saudi Arabia has received 70 million pilgrimages, yet, death toll doesn't exceed 5000 = 0,00007%.

10897970_1158828777462446_4594422124006384054_n.jpg

Has anyone read the news

It says iran‘s hajj mission offical revealed that. What is iran's hajj mission ? An iranian org?
Mina, Asharq Al-Awsat—The Hajj tragedy that has left hundreds of people dead and injured was caused by a group of Iranian pilgrims who failed to follow instructions from Hajj authorities, an official from Iran’s Hajj mission has revealed.
al
-------
Anyways, everyone shud follow the rules to avoid mishaps. Whatever happened is so sad. The rules violating group couldhave been anyone, not necessarily iranians.

Has anyone read the news

It says iran‘s hajj mission offical revealed that. What is iran's hajj mission ? An iranian org?
-------
Anyways, everyone shud follow the rules to avoid mishaps. Whatever happened is so sad. The rules violating group couldhave been anyone, not necessarily iranians.
136 dead Iranians, and 344 missing. Yeah, Iranians have nothing to do with disturbing Hajj at all.

@Serpentine Now I can say the MAJORITY (Literally) of the casualties are Iranians.

جنسيات ضحايا حادثة التدافع في الحج

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom