What's new

Guns for new owners: Price, Reliability, Usability

Now that you have a million different recommendations, I think you can easily make up your mind on what is best for "you" as recommended by people who don't anything about you, your physique or your needs.

Hi Guys,

So I'm new to the Pakistani gun market and was wondering which gun I should choose for a home defence scenario.

I have little knowledge of the local gun market except for the fact that there is an import ban on guns. So I was wondering what excatly is the cost of
i) Imported weapons (Pistols or Shotguns)
ii) Locally made clones
iii) Any other options?

Also what would be a more reliable weapon for personal defence, a handgun or a shotgun?
And what kind of bullet should one choose?

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful input.

You can, you can kill someone in good will if you see someone jumping into your neighbors house...the problem is our System....proving everything in the court of Law is hectic .....

What Mastan Khan sir have said is what I am trying to say since yesterday....with pistol you have to shoot the assailant in the critical area / chest region to neutralize the threat & that too with multiple shots....if the guy dies on your property it is a murder, it gets really hard to prove your innocence in court where a murder is involved , speaking from experience.

In my first post i had recommended Shotgun & have said that you shoot the guy & attacker will be running back on his forearms since birdshot or buckshot will cripple the mofo ....Bird shot to even torso will neutralize the threat & allow him to run away alive.....

We want attacker to run away, not die on our property or engage him in a fire fight within the premises
I am not denying the utility of shotgun as a home defense firearm :). I thought we are talking about a first gun for a new owner.
You can, you can kill someone in good will if you see someone jumping into your neighbors house...the problem is our System....proving everything in the court of Law is hectic .....

What Mastan Khan sir have said is what I am trying to say since yesterday....with pistol you have to shoot the assailant in the critical area / chest region to neutralize the threat & that too with multiple shots....if the guy dies on your property it is a murder, it gets really hard to prove your innocence in court where a murder is involved , speaking from experience.

In my first post i had recommended Shotgun & have said that you shoot the guy & attacker will be running back on his forearms since birdshot or buckshot will cripple the mofo ....Bird shot to even torso will neutralize the threat & allow him to run away alive.....

We want attacker to run away, not die on our property or engage him in a fire fight within the premises
I am not denying the utility and usefulness of a shotgun in home defense scenario:). I thought we were talking a gun for people who are new to firearms.
  • Easy to meneuver
  • take it easily with you in different places
  • more diversity of use
  • take it to ranges more easily.
I don't want to continue beating the topic. I don't doubt the utility of shotgun, I have one as well.

ye sab bare hokar sultan rahi banege. and he was dangerous
Zaroori nahin hai bhai, kuch logon ne sports and activity ke liye bhi rakhi hoti haen :) Mine or mostly for competing, hunting, yes I do have a pistol with carry permit which I carry sometimes if I go to areas that are not safe. Before getting all of them I made it a point as a responsible citizen to go and get some basic gun handling training and instill (or tried to) some safety habits with practice.

Zaroori nahin hai bhai, kuch logon ne sports and activity ke liye bhi rakhi hoti haen :) Mine or mostly for competing, hunting, yes I do have a pistol with carry permit which I carry sometimes if I go to areas that are not safe. Before getting all of them I made it a point as a responsible citizen to go and get some basic gun handling training and instill (or tried to) some safety habits with practice.

i think you been in America for too long now.

edday aap mughal raj ke shikaari

He used to fight without weapons in most of the films or with danda. Aap sultan Rahi ki films daikhtay thay

nahi me film nahi dekhta per film mujhe dekhti thi... Punjab gaya to use esa nahi paya jesa dikhaya jata hai filmon me.

like there were no billi mujras or local village riots anywhere.

so i became anti film industry for lying to me

i think you been in America for too long now.

edday aap mughal raj ke shikaari

nahi me film nahi dekhta per film mujhe dekhti thi... Punjab gaya to use esa nahi paya jesa dikhaya jata hai filmon me.

like there were no billi mujras or local village riots anywhere.

so i became anti film industry for lying to me
It is true I have been in the states for quite sometime and adopted some of the good values(that i think are good), but also kept intact with my culture of my origin. On the topic, I still think we do hunting in Pakistan still, its just that not everyone has accessibility as one could/would in usa.
From the home defense standpoint, I have a full size pistol that can be snapped to my body very quickly and also have a shotgun with mostly number 6 or 7 load. I still consider my self an enthusiast not a professional so like everyone I have an opinion, but it should be taken with the consideration that my opinion is not professionally graded :D

It is true I have been in the states for quite sometime and adopted some of the good values(that i think are good), but also kept intact with my culture of my origin. On the topic, I still think we do hunting in Pakistan still, its just that not everyone has accessibility as one could/would in usa.
From the home defense standpoint, I have a full size pistol that can be snapped to my body very quickly and also have a shotgun with mostly number 6 or 7 load. I still consider my self an enthusiast not a professional so like everyone I have an opinion, but it should be taken with the consideration that my opinion is not professionally graded :D

People with guns don't have opinions. They have a criminal record

People with guns don't have opinions. They have a criminal record
So to negate a theory all you need is one counter scenario... Here I am :)
Lets not derail this thread. I think I am partly guilty in doing so here...

So to negate a theory all you need is one counter scenario... Here I am :)

Yeah lets sue you for giving your neighbours sleepless nights after showing off your weapon which resulted in their home run business collapsing and rise in domestic violence eventually leading to alcoholism and a fatal road accident involving bus taking families to the circus which led to riots and gang violence.

so i guess no guns for you then

Buy a good 1911 clone chambered in .45 ACP or 9mm. Reliable gun, but also I assume can be found at a cheap price.

Why can't you kill someone invading your house in Pakistan? Retarded if you ask me.
We can. My cousin killed a robber around a year ago from his Taurus PT92 in Pakistan but police took the credit because it might ended up bad for my cousin. Saved him enemity and proceedings from gov.

Yeah lets sue you for giving your neighbours sleepless nights after showing off your weapon which resulted in their home run business collapsing and rise in domestic violence eventually leading to alcoholism and a fatal road accident involving bus taking families to the circus which led to riots and gang violence.

so i guess no guns for you then
This is a very strange way to come to the conclusion you came to. Why would i show my firearm (not weapon) to my neighbor and what scenario are you thinking?

This is a very strange way to come to the conclusion you came to. Why would i show my firearm (not weapon) to my neighbor and what scenario are you thinking?

you asked for a random scenario.

here is another one.

move to bani gala next to PM Khan.

Back
Top Bottom