What's new

Guns for new owners: Price, Reliability, Usability

JohnWick007

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi Guys,

So I'm new to the Pakistani gun market and was wondering which gun I should choose for a home defence scenario.

I have little knowledge of the local gun market except for the fact that there is an import ban on guns. So I was wondering what excatly is the cost of
i) Imported weapons (Pistols or Shotguns)
ii) Locally made clones
iii) Any other options?

Also what would be a more reliable weapon for personal defence, a handgun or a shotgun?
And what kind of bullet should one choose?

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful input.

I would recommend a handgun (just keep it way from any children). Can't go wrong with a Glock 9MM....maybe very expensive and difficult to find. Depending on your budget, you may have to go for a local handgun.

I'd recommend the Chinese made guns. Cheap and pretty good qualities.

Does Pak allow civilians to own AK or AR type rifles - the civilian variants?

AK is so boring, all terrorists have it. I think he needs something special.
I agree since civilians don't need to worry about ruggedness since they don't operate in rough and harsh terrains

What he needs is a good AR styled rifle

Hi Guys,

So I'm new to the Pakistani gun market and was wondering which gun I should choose for a home defence scenario.

I have little knowledge of the local gun market except for the fact that there is an import ban on guns. So I was wondering what excatly is the cost of
ii) Locally made clones
iii) Any other options?

Also what would be a more reliable weapon for personal defence, a handgun or a shotgun?

Honor Killers Tiger Youth rises

Hi Guys,

ii) Locally made clones
iii) Any other options?

If it is solely for Home Defense where you are expected to engage the intruder at max 60yards, look no further & get yourself a Shotgun. With Birdshot (small grain for layman) you will neutralize the threat with a knock down effect, a shot to the leg with one Birdshot & the guy will be running back on his forearms. Also it has less chance of killing anyone in the vicinity of your home.....In Pakistan shooting some is veryyyy easy, getting away with a murder even in a self defence situation is troublesome & you do not want to go down that road.

Coming to second question that which one to get?
1) Imported: all lot of tacticool looking turkish semi auto shotguns are available in the market, retailing b/w 45- 65k. These get smuggled into the country via a Afghanistan. Visit this guys channel if you want to know aboutTUrkish models in Pakistan

Apart from that there are many others but they are above 100k which doesn't justify the price.

2) Local: look no further and get yourself a Pump Action shotgun by Daudsons, they are the only reliable manufacturer of weapons in Pakistan, even for a newbie. Someone who is new to firearms, i would advise to stay away from other manufacturers as i know all of the renowned ones personally. Daudons have simple pump action model which is good for you.
nO6IKaGurGHKyviJ11AOU3Am4-puw0-Jrm35I50jbXS93pE6FKPuH7JsQ4nx31FyRf1QvTXGwU6GOEBKzyMVeeDOrp0OYBSV9Fy56Q1aOf-5ilSSKawL1KM

maxresdefault.jpg

However if you want something tacticool then they have another variant of same shotgun with extra goodies.
13346506_783448835089321_6016822294503156627_n.jpg

33673348_1359722980795234_7498630552237375488_o.jpg

I would recommend a handgun (just keep it way from any children). Can't go wrong with a Glock 9MM....maybe very expensive and difficult to find. Depending on your budget, you may have to go for a local handgun.
Despite of their small size they are hard to use..

If it is solely for Home Defense where you are expected to engage the intruder at max 60yards, look no further & get yourself a Shotgun. With Birdshot (small grain for layman) you will neutralize the threat with a knock down effect, a shot to the leg with one Birdshot & the guy will be running back on his forearms. Also it has less chance of killing anyone in the vicinity of your home.....In Pakistan shooting some is veryyyy easy, getting away with a murder even in a self defence situation is troublesome & you do not want to go down that road.

1) Imported: all lot of tacticool looking turkish semi auto shotguns are available in the market, retailing b/w 45- 65k. These get smuggled into the country via a Afghanistan. Visit this guys channel if you want to know aboutTUrkish models in Pakistan

Apart from that there are many others but they are above 100k which doesn't justify the price.

2) Local: look no further and get yourself a Pump Action shotgun by Daudsons, they are the only reliable manufacturer of weapons in Pakistan, even for a newbie. Someone who is new to firearms, i would advise to stay away from other manufacturers as i know all of the renowned ones personally. Daudons have simple pump action model which is good for you.
nO6IKaGurGHKyviJ11AOU3Am4-puw0-Jrm35I50jbXS93pE6FKPuH7JsQ4nx31FyRf1QvTXGwU6GOEBKzyMVeeDOrp0OYBSV9Fy56Q1aOf-5ilSSKawL1KM

maxresdefault.jpg

However if you want something tacticool then they have another variant of same shotgun with extra goodies.

Not suitable. Shotguns are not used in situations where bad guys and good guys are mixed up. Totally shit.

Hi Guys,

ii) Locally made clones
iii) Any other options?

I personally recommend Pistol Caliber Carbines or SMGs if you are good shooter go for quality 9mm pistol.
or you want expertise this video is your guide. A former Navy SEAL will take you through Every gun you can own and also scenarios which can occur.

It all depends on your experience. Don't buy if you never used a gun beyond a shooting range. You will get yourself killed. Intruders (or whatever you
call them) are less forgiving to people with guns.
Yup, listen to this guy Call the police put your cellphone on speaker and slide it across your room. Your call is on recording. Most importantly you have your both hands free.

Yup, listen to this guy Call the police put your cellphone on speaker and slide it across your room. Your call is on recording. Most importantly you have your both hands free.
Where I live the response time for police is horrible. My mother once saw someone getting car jacked on the street. The police asked all the details, Fast forward 2 hours later, my mother receives a call from the police asking for the details again. In short the police did nothing in the first two hours. Not sure I'm going to be trusting them to show up when I need them

maxresdefault.jpg

What models does Daudsons' offer and what are the prices?

With the prices og glocks these days I'm not sure I can get a glock?

What would be the prices for cheaper imported guns? Or local handguns?

Back
Top Bottom